• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
oooooh buddy. I can't tell you the number of hard mode pick up groups that are NEVER getting past templar now. They had enough problems getting through the first phase and then oracles was impossible with pugs if they didn't cheese it via sniper platforms.

I'm calling it now hard mode raid will FORCE people into level 30 before touching it for general groups after their tinkering.

also DAT subtle pocket infinity nerf. That was basically what allowed people to mow down waves of stuff.

lunlunqq

oooooh buddy. I can't tell you the number of hard mode pick up groups that are NEVER getting past templar now. They had enough problems getting through the first phase and then oracles was impossible with pugs if they didn't cheese it via sniper platforms.

I'm calling it now hard mode raid will FORCE people into level 30 before touching it for general groups after their tinkering.
But I heard the raid helmet only drops in hard mode.

darthbob

We should label more things as exploits. Maybe then Bungie will get around to fixing it sooner.

Hey Bungie when are you going to fix the Atherton shield exploit where people get damaged in the shield?

Yeah, that splash damage through the relic shield is some BS. They need to fix the portals too. So glitchy.

I am unhappy they just straight up nerfed the Vex for PVE. What's the point of having a secret, fun weapon? So now Suros will be best again? Bungie really is no fun allowed. They could've just adjusted the PVP and left PVE. These changes scream impulse due to "community outrage".

It is annoying that they nerf these for PvE. Let people who want to have fun with that kind of op weapon have their fun.

E92 M3

They could have at least left Mythoclast intact for PVE.

No fun allowed, you know that by now. But yes, I agree - it's a damn shame to have a cool weapon that will be useless essentially (in terms of taking up a slot the ice breaker had).

They could have at least left Mythoclast intact for PVE.

That's what I was thinking. It's been obvious since the game was released, but I was always under the initial impression that PVE was going to be the main focus of Destiny, not PVP. But when they make changes that affects weapons in all modes, I find that to be kind of lame.

I doubt there's anyone who's hardcore enough to do the Raid, earn the Vex, and not take it into multiplayer, but it would be nice if the overpowered weapons could stay OP'd in single player and have tweaks made to them in multiplayer.

I'm not a fan of the all or nothing approach.

Someone join my level 28 weekly heroic so I can get coins on my alt. Boss is basically dead. Level 28 preferably coz you better not die. You'll collect too if you haven't done it.

Add toasty_T on ps4

Daemul

Wait were people in here cheesing the vault of glass boss? the templar robot thing is by no way hard at all you don't need to cheese it or camp on the pillars on the edges.

For shame gaf.

I can understand cheesing the fight on hard mode, but I've been in groups where they've wanted to cheese it on normal, when it makes no sense to. Normal is easy as fuck.

Wait were people in here cheesing the vault of glass boss? the templar robot thing is by no way hard at all you don't need to cheese it or camp on the pillars on the edges.

For shame gaf.

On hard any fuck up there would be instant death for you and with no rez, likely everyone else.
1)Get splash damage by boss more than once- Everyone's Dead
2)Let harpies take over- Everyone's dead
3) Fuck up your detain and jump out of it or something- Everyone's dead

SharkJAW

Well, the Vex got nerfed before I got to get one and abuse it :/ I still love my Last Word, though. If I'm understanding correctly (from the times I've used it) headshots do bonus damage when in a gunfight with your opponent. Precision damage also gets boosted from the hip.

E92 M3

It is annoying that they nerf these for PvE. Let people who want to have fun with that kind of op weapon have their fun.

Exactly. Bungie always do this - it never fails. From Halo 3 to Reach and now Destiny. Weapons were ruined due to changes that weren't needed. They could've even banned the Mytho from PVP and left it alone for PVE. Their original design intention for the weapon was to be something powerful and sought after. Now it will be shelved in the vault.

Hopefully I am overreacting and it's still useful tomorrow, but we'll see.

BadAss2961

Just cheesed Atheon as a 28 Warlock and got the helmet, the sparrow, and the Vex. lol

Thank you RNGesus.

dG4nbPV.gif

SharkJAW

Dat mythoclast nerf... I don't even have the gun and I feel bad. I see no point in beating the raid on hard again.
Same here. All I need is raid/exotic gloves to hit 30, but why would I want to hit 30? To play the raid that I'm going to get nothing out of? No thanks, Bungie.

I think this is where I slow down on Destiny. Start working on my backlog. I still have to beat TLOU:R. Can't wait for bloodborne. That's going to be a time sink for sure. If I still had DS2, I'd play the DLC to hold me over, but sadly, I dont ;_;

Yaari

Is that MIDA Multi Tool exclusive to VoG aswell? I'd love to get that one hopefully Xur will carry it someday.

I'm very excited to try my 2 Legendary Scout Rifles. They were great before and they will be even better now. Wonder if they are viable in PVP though, the AR nerf isnt that bad and I doubt it will stop the dominance.

Frenden

Banned
I got a legendary New Monarchy hand cannon for ranking up that has radar while aiming, explosive rounds, and increased stability when causing damage with a 10 round clip. NOT BAD.

Anyone have the explosive round perk on a gun? What did you think? I haven't unlocked it yet.

The Templar nerfs are stupid because it doesn't make the fight easier at all to have people on the hobgoblin platforms or to ball up on the starting ledge with the relic. In fact, people on the platforms are basically screaming "please shoot me" to the other hobgoblins, and are also in a bad spot to see half of the oracles. Meanwhile, the everyone-ball-up-at-the-top-with-the-relic strategy is funny, but takes way longer than a normal fight and also risks an easy wipe if everyone balls up and gets shot or if the relic carrier is bad at managing his cleanse, since you'll only be able to shoot maybe half of the relics from up there.

Plus, there's the other aspect of it, which is Bungie sending signals that no, you will play everything in Destiny exactly the way we say, which kills community development. I dunno, I'm grumpy and I tweeted about it in depth.

Actually along those lines folks are thinking of... What point is there to hard other than epeen after this?
1)Helmets- Can be replaced with an Exotic...
2)Vex Myhoclast- Possibly as good as a suros now??

Everything else... Double shards for the week for far more effort?

blackflag

Is that MIDA Multi Tool exclusive to VoG aswell? I'd love to get that one hopefully Xur will carry it someday.

I'm very excited to try my 2 Legendary Scout Rifles. They were great before and they will be even better now. Wonder if they are viable in PVP though, the AR nerf isnt that bad and I doubt it will stop the dominance.

Nah it drops randomly

Daemul

Anyone seen this stuff posted on Reddit from someone claiming to be a tester The Dark Below Expansion? I'll spoiler it just in case it turns out to be real.

Reddit Link

Pastebin Link

Titan - Crusader
Super: “Purge” You shoot this giant horizontal column of light directly in front of you. Upgrades can thicken the cylinder (default is size of Guardian, upgrade is about 200% increase), have the column shoot through walls, or shoot a second column behind you as well.
Grenades
1 Throws 3 small fire grenades at once. Think like a very small version of the Warlock Void special.
2 Drops grenade behind guardian. Designed for escape tactics when being chased.
3 Self planted grenade. Button activates grenade for 8 seconds. Any melee damage taken at that time sets grenade off, barely doesn’t kill a guardian by itself.

Warlock – Arc Thrower
Super: “Jupiter’s Storm” Creates an orb about the size of a Servitor slightly above and in front of you. The orb floats in the air and shoots lightning out at anything that come near it. Upgrades can increase range, can cause chain lightning, or cause the orb to spawn further away from the player character.
Grenades
1 Arc Grenade that detonates on second button input.
2 Grenade the transfers health to the Warlock.
3 Fence Grenade – Creates small electrified fence. Sticks to walls like the Titan Lightning Grenade and lasts about half as long.

Hunter - Trapper
Super: “Void Well” Drops a Void well on the floor. Enemies inside the Void well cannot jump, and have reduced movement speed. Upgrades can reduce all enemy movement, prevent enemies from using abilities, or increase radius of Void Well.
Grenades
1 Generic void damage grenade, doesn’t bounce. Sticks to any surface.
2 Bolas that act as a sticky, but do minimal damage while greatly reducing targets movement speed, and prevents them from jumping.
3 Caltrops. Throw them on the ground. Not super easy to see. A large amount of them on the ground, stepping on one detonates it for a small amount of damage. 1 “grenade” can kill a Guardian with a little left over.

The Hive raid is going to be pretty fun. From what I've tested so far the first boss is much more enjoyable than either boss fight in the Vault of Glass. Lets just say there is this fun almost escape sequence where all the guardians will want to be on their sparrows, trying to outrun a giant Ogre. Some of the Wizards have different attacks instead of that bombardment you are currently seeing, makes them less of a pain.

The Templar nerfs are stupid because it doesn't make the fight easier at all to have people on the hobgoblin platforms or to ball up on the starting ledge with the relic. In fact, people on the platforms are basically screaming "please shoot me" to the other hobgoblins, and are also in a bad spot to see half of the oracles. Meanwhile, the everyone-ball-up-at-the-top-with-the-relic strategy is funny, but takes way longer than a normal fight and also risks an easy wipe if everyone balls up and gets shot or if the relic carrier is bad at managing his cleanse, since you'll only be able to shoot maybe half of the relics from up there.

Plus, there's the other aspect of it, which is Bungie sending signals that no, you will play everything in Destiny exactly the way we say, which kills community development. I dunno, I'm grumpy and I tweeted about it in depth.

this exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom