• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaji

Glad to see they ruined the Vex for PvE, with it's already low ammo reserves combined with a 34% reduction.

Why could it not just be modified for PvP and left alone for PvE,

Tawpgun

The Templar nerfs are stupid because it doesn't make the fight easier at all to have people on the hobgoblin platforms or to ball up on the starting ledge with the relic. In fact, people on the platforms are basically screaming "please shoot me" to the other hobgoblins, and are also in a bad spot to see half of the oracles. Meanwhile, the everyone-ball-up-at-the-top-with-the-relic strategy is funny, but takes way longer than a normal fight and also risks an easy wipe if everyone balls up and gets shot or if the relic carrier is bad at managing his cleanse, since you'll only be able to shoot maybe half of the relics from up there.

Plus, there's the other aspect of it, which is Bungie sending signals that no, you will play everything in Destiny exactly the way we say, which kills community development. I dunno, I'm grumpy and I tweeted about it in depth.
You're cheesing the fight dude. It's not some cool smart strat.

Super solid update all around

On hard any fuck up there would be instant death for you and with no rez, likely everyone else.
1)Get splash damage by boss more than once- Everyone's Dead
2)Let harpies take over- Everyone's dead
3) Fuck up your detain and jump out of it or something- Everyone's dead
still, no reason cheese spots should be left alone it's suppse to be the hardest endgame content right now.

Wait were people in here cheesing the vault of glass boss? the templar robot thing is by no way hard at all you don't need to cheese it or camp on the pillars on the edges.

For shame gaf.

Yea, about 80+% of GAF, the funny thing is alot of people were almost proud of it too lol. This has been the thread the last week since the exploit became well known.

The checkpoint beggars
beggin.gif

The cheesers, post kill
tumblr_m5vne8N6Od1qksqoh.gif

X-Frame

The most amount of Legendary engrams that I've received since the latest engram patch has been with the Daily Heroic missions. I've received 4 engrams so far, not bad at all.

JayEH

The Templar nerfs are stupid because it doesn't make the fight easier at all to have people on the hobgoblin platforms or to ball up on the starting ledge with the relic. In fact, people on the platforms are basically screaming "please shoot me" to the other hobgoblins, and are also in a bad spot to see half of the oracles. Meanwhile, the everyone-ball-up-at-the-top-with-the-relic strategy is funny, but takes way longer than a normal fight and also risks an easy wipe if everyone balls up and gets shot or if the relic carrier is bad at managing his cleanse, since you'll only be able to shoot maybe half of the relics from up there.

Plus, there's the other aspect of it, which is Bungie sending signals that no, you will play everything in Destiny exactly the way we say, which kills community development. I dunno, I'm grumpy and I tweeted about it in depth.

I feel the same way. The fun of social games is that everyone has a bunch of different ways to beat bosses.

still, no reason cheese spots should be left alone it's suppse to be the hardest endgame content right now.

Well no, I never really liked cheesing the stuff. I just don't think the effort you put into it is worth the current reward. Most MMO-type-ish games give you some badass shit for putting up with hours of wiping and people whining and barely killing a boss.
Here it seems like you have a chance of getting same shit as normal or 3- Ascendant X

JNA

Banned

No you're right. You're absolutely right. Bungie have tried to make this game be an MMO but they are removing/not putting in the features that essentially make an MMO. And they continue to not understand the community aspect of MMOs either.

The loot cave was one thing but this and god knows what else they have in store of nerfs in PVE destroys games, especially MMOs.

Yaari

The most amount of Legendary engrams that I've received since the latest engram patch has been with the Daily Heroic missions. I've received 4 engrams so far, not bad at all.

In the one reward you get per day? Is there any point in repeating those, or do you only get a reward once?

tumblr_n5j8xzmLV81tv4k5po1_400.gif

Have you ever played an MMO, no wait, a video game before? How many boss fights do you know can be exploited so easily? Also definitely not easier, you basically take the entire encounter out of the equation if you do the strategies you're talking about.

JHall

If anyone has a cheese spot on the hard raid and wants to help me out on Xbox. That would be greatly appreciated. I have a level 30 Hunter but I need some shards/loot for my 27 warlock.

Gamertag: Going in Hot

You're cheesing the fight dude. It's not some cool smart strat.

Super solid update all around

Taking the relic back to the start and balling up might be cheesing. I actually think doing the fight regularly, at least at the gear level I'm at, is far easier. Whatever.

I'd really like to know how the heck standing on the hobgoblin sniper platforms is cheesy. It gives you a good vantage point over half of the fight, but it also leaves you hugely open to basically anything that decides to shoot at you (especially other hobgoblins, who will wreck you) and makes you pretty useless in a scramble to get all the oracles down.

It seems like a pretty good risk/reward option to be able to have a player on those platforms to me. It's also doubly stupid that there is now a place enemies can stand but you can't.

tumblr_n5j8xzmLV81tv4k5po1_400.gif

Have you ever played an MMO, no wait, a video game before? How many boss fights do you know can be exploited so easily?

I'm not even sure how to respond to this garbage.

jett

D-Member
Glad to see they ruined the Vex for PvE, with it's already low ammo reserves combined with a 34% reduction.

I don't really see the point of nerfing any gun for PVE. Bungie are really dum-dumbs for not separating PVE and PVP stats, to a certain point, anyway. I mean, shotguns in PVE are absolutely useless. All of them. Collectively garbage. It needs a PVE buff, but it absolutely does not need one for PVP.

BadAss2961

Agreed. I couldn't care less about PvP nerfs, but PvE should be left alone.

_woLf

Can we talk about how they continue to (aside from the Scout Rifle buff) just nerf and remove things that the community finds fun without replacing them with new and better things?

Sincerely, someone who still has yet to get a single legendary item from a blue engram and has only seen 1 legendary engram drop ever since the patch

ps: There is no point in playing this game aside from the weekly raid at this point, and even then it's a stretch. There is so little to do in the end game. There is no item customization -- if you want max level, you will look the way that bungie wants you to look. If you want to complete the raid, you will complete it 100% exactly like Bungie wants you to complete it.

I just don't get what Bungie is trying to do with this game anymore. They spent so much time building a universe with endless potential and they seem like they have their heads so far up their own asses that they don't know what to do with it or how to handle an MMO community.

I'm so grateful that I got to experience the Vex Mythoclast in it's prime.

RIP in peace.

As someone who has the Mythoclast, the legit way, I'm actually happy it's being nerfed. There was literally no point in me using any of my other exotics, literally the only time I would of switched off it would have been for nightfalls.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just saw someone get a legendary engram and timur's lash plus two other things I can't see off the screen from an IB match.

Taking the relic back to the start and balling up might be cheesing. I actually think doing the fight regularly, at least at the gear level I'm at, is far easier. Whatever.

I'd really like to know how the heck standing on the hobgoblin sniper platforms is cheesy. It gives you a good vantage point over half of the fight, but it also leaves you hugely open to basically anything that decides to shoot at you (especially other hobgoblins, who will wreck you) and makes you pretty useless in a scramble to get all the oracles down.

It seems like a pretty good risk/reward option to be able to have a player on those platforms to me. It's also doubly stupid that there is now a place enemies can stand but you can't.

I'm not even sure how to respond to this garbage.

Did you play it on Hard? You can't even begin to understand if you didn't.

Lima

I don't really see the point of nerfing any gun for PVE. Bungie are really dum-dumbs for not separating PVE and PVP stats, to a certain point, anyway. I mean, shotguns in PVE are absolutely useless. All of them. Collectively garbage. It needs a PVE buff, but it absolutely does not need one for PVP.

I said it before and I will say it again the minute they allowed to take your own equipment into MP was the minute they fucked up the whole game. There is a reason that no other good loot game has PvP (all the others are hot garbage in PvP, just look at Diablo).

You can't balance that shit properly between them. People cry about Bladedancer in PvP all the time. What to do? Nerf it and make it even more useless in PvE? Nah that shit is garbage and they know it.

Retool the whole PvP. Make let's say 3 standard loadouts that everyone can choose from and have rockets be pickups like in Halo like it should have been from the beginning.

We should label more things as exploits. Maybe then Bungie will get around to fixing it sooner.

Hey Bungie when are you going to fix the Atherton shield exploit where people get damaged in the shield?

It really does seem they're much quicker at fixing exploits vs issues.

Just makes me want The Last Word more than ever before.

I don't get it where in that update did something having to do with the last word get mentioned?

Fitts

Bye bye Mythoclast!

Very interested to see how the primary weapon balancing affects the game. Here's hoping that my Shadow Price doesn't become totally worthless, (I don't think I have much to fear) but I'm actually excited to dig my legendary scout out of my vault.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I said it before and I will say it again the minute they allowed to take your own equipment into MP was the minute they fucked up the whole game. There is a reason that no other good loot game has PvP (all the others are hot garbage in PvP, just look at Diablo).

You can't balance that shit properly between them. People cry about Bladedancer in PvP all the time. What to do? Nerf it and make it even more useless in PvE? Nah that shit is garbage and they know it.

Retool the whole PvP. Make let's say 3 standard loadouts that everyone can choose from and have rockets be pickups like in Halo like it should have been from the beginning.

Yep, but this would make too much sense!

Can we talk about how they continue to (aside from the Scout Rifle buff) just nerf and remove things that the community finds fun without replacing them with new and better things?

Sincerely, someone who still has yet to get a single legendary item from a blue engram and has only seen 1 legendary engram drop ever since the patch

That's what I tweeted to Bungie. They're removing whatever ways the community has found to have a little bit of fun in Destiny, while not fixing the basic flaws of the game.

Most of the people who are interested in the Vex Mythoclast, for instance, have already beaten the Raid on hard and already know how to do it. However, the Hard mode Raid takes a long time to complete and you have to do it multiple times to get the Mythoclast, due to RNG. We've already proven we could beat the Raid, we don't need or want to do it over and over again. This isn't Bungie testing the skill of its player base, it's just making us work for no salary. This is not fun.

You cannot bring down a fever by breaking the thermometer.

Please tell me what in hard mode makes standing on the sniper platforms cheesy, considering it's already dangerous on normal.

You don't have to kill adds, or shoot oracles because you all just stand together and cleanse, you won't die from the mark until the templar uses negation, then you just cleanse.. You're just being salty about not being able to exploit shit on content that's supposed to be hard.

Mindlog

That nerf really shits on the Mythoclast usefulness vs unflinching Cabal.
It's also going to exacerbate the primary ammo shortage. Need to buff that.

On the other hand Vision of Confluence is going to be a beast and even more ridiculous on solar burn missions.

*Iron Banner 3 achieved. Going to level my new Raid chest and find out just how many Gjallarhorn rockets I can carry now :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom