• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the people who are interested in the Vex Mythoclast, for instance, have already beaten the Raid on hard and already know how to do it.

I'm going to contest that. I think the majority of completions as of now have been done using the cheese method, or by people who are skipping the raid up until Atheon. Even if they don't cheese, they are still exploiting a save state.

ZangBa

You were never much of an MMO player I take it?

Fighting only Atheon is like eating your dessert before dinner!.

Kinda late because I had to go to the store, but I have actually played MMO's for years. The difference here is there is no reason for me to do anything but the last boss, in something like WoW, at least I got points to buy gear and in some cases reputation. It wasn't as easy to get fully geared out in WoW either in order to reach that point.

I finally got Vanguard to Rank 2, and got enough Marks for a piece of armor. But I'm terrified, it'll be my first Legendary and I'm hesitant to "waste" my marks in the case that something from the other vendors or Xur is a better but, since it seemed to take forever to get what I have. Is there any particular recommendation, or just buy what offers the best STR/DIS/INT buff? Should I buy to replace a blue that has the lowest Light amount (Gauntlets in this case)?

jay23

That hunter super sounds terrible hope it's not true.

I don't mind the nerfs, PvP was getting annoying with everyone running around with shotguns.

Also I hope people complaining about exploits aren't cheesing nightfall every week lol.

You don't have to kill adds, or shoot oracles because you all just stand together and cleanse, you won't die from the mark until the templar uses negation, then you just cleanse.. You're just being salty about not being able to exploit shit on content that's supposed to be hard.

On the sniper platforms? I'm talking about the platforms around the arena that the hobgoblins spawn on during the conflux defense phase and oracle phase, not the starting platform trick for the Templar fight.

And please, don't give me that shit. I've done the raid four times and only tried the starting-area relic trick once. My group pretty unanimously decided that it was funny, but that doing the fight normally was much better.

i feel like they're just using duct tape at this point and wont be able to actually 'balance' or 'fix' this game until destiny 2. unless they take it offline for 3 days while implementing a title update that overhauls literally all of its mechanics, the pve/pvp weapon split in particular.

Ken

I'm getting so sick of AFK'ers in Vanguard strikes.

Sorry, Vote to Kick is not in Bungie's vision of how Destiny is played.

I finally got Vanguard to Rank 2, and got enough Marks for a piece of armor. But I'm terrified, it'll be my first Legendary and I'm hesitant to "waste" my marks in the case that something from the other vendors or Xur is a better but, since it seemed to take forever to get what I have. Is there any particular recommendation, or just buy what offers the best STR/DIS/INT buff? Should I buy to replace a blue that has the lowest Light amount (Gauntlets in this case)?

I'd replace your blue. Also don't worry too much about making a wrong purchase; you can make the marks back next week.

Fitts

It's still gonna be amazing in PvP... of course it'll take more skill to use since your gonna need more precision shots but yea, good players are still gonna absolutely own with that gun.

I'm fine with that. If it's exclusively those who are highly skilled excelling with it in PVP then I have zero problems with the Mythoclast. However, if the skill-less are still able to dominate or even do atypically well with it as they've been able to then let this be the first in a series of nerfs.

blackjaw

Any recommendations for legendary purchase scout rifle. That's one of the few weapons I have not seen drop for anyone since playing.

I currently use dr nope/icebreaker for pve and last word/judgment vi for pvp

colinp

Banned
I swear that I'm the only person in this thread that has the Crypt Dweller legendary scout rifle. Everybody keeps talking about the multi-tool or the vanguard one.

I've got it, too. Got it in Nightfall earlier this week. Haven't actually tried it much yet, but maybe I will come patch. Is it good?

That hunter super sounds terrible hope it's not true.

I don't mind the nerfs, PvP was getting annoying with everyone running around with shotguns.

Also I hope people complaining about exploits aren't cheesing nightfall every week lol.

It seems like more of a utility thing. Like, imagine dropping it in the Raid in places you know Praetorians are going to come out or something. Which makes sense, since the Hunter is missing a "Utility" subclass.

3mgly5C.png

Bracing myself for DeeJ saying Bungie are listening to the community while calling boss cheesing "not the way they intended the game to be played"

Also, roleplaying and "exciting content very soon!"

Lima

On the sniper platforms? I'm talking about the platforms around the arena that the hobgoblins spawn on during the conflux defense phase and oracle phase, not the starting platform trick for the Templar fight.

And please, don't give me that shit. I've done the raid four times and only tried the starting-area relic trick once. My group pretty unanimously decided that it was funny, but that doing the fight normally was much better.

Yeah if you stand on any of these platforms during the templar fight (the far right one being the most popular) you can only focus on the templar. You never need to worry about the ads or oracles. Only get cleansed and shoot the templar.

Any recommendations for legendary purchase scout rifle. That's one of the few weapons I have not seen drop for anyone since playing.

I currently use dr nope/icebreaker for pve and last word/judgment vi for pvp

The A1Fx8494540a6540f6f410sd6f1sdf06dsf1d0d0 from the Vanguard quartermaster. It's the best scout rifle that you can purchase.

Edit: Quote removed as I'm on my phone and somehow keep fat fingering the multi quote button.

Unlike WoW, destiny lets you get to 30, the highest light level without having to complete the heroic content, they give you other avenues to hit the highest possible level. Sure there's a few items you can't get outside of hard mode. But that's no different than WoW in reality. Would you have preferred hard mode had upgraded versions of the loot, and let players get to light level 31-32? Because what I'm hearing from a lot of players here just makes me think this...

0a2b76fd6d6ef6b4fe0abbff1b45d0469e4baad1f8576f08798b81cc6b1e4fb7.jpg

Deku Tree

I think this might be the first night since launch that I am not going to play Destiny... I need sleep... be back tomorrow after the reset.

EL CUCO

El Cuco thanks so much for having me along. I got d/c right at the end (bungie servers) but it looks like it completed the bounty for me.

Good stuff same here. That thing was BRUTAL! My heart almost exploded from joy when I saw Xyor finally show up!

Kaji

I said it before and I will say it again the minute they allowed to take your own equipment into MP was the minute they fucked up the whole game. There is a reason that no other good loot game has PvP (all the others are hot garbage in PvP, just look at Diablo).

You can't balance that shit properly between them. People cry about Bladedancer in PvP all the time. What to do? Nerf it and make it even more useless in PvE? Nah that shit is garbage and they know it.

Retool the whole PvP. Make let's say 3 standard loadouts that everyone can choose from and have rockets be pickups like in Halo like it should have been from the beginning.

Couldn't agree more, I am gutted that the gun I earned weeks ago after hours in hard mode (before all this edge cheese) is being nerfed into the floor for my fav mode (PvE) where it wasn't overpowered considerably at all, it did some great damage but what it lacked was ammo reserves which I found a great balance in PvE.

Damn it Bungie, how can common sense from a developer go so far out the window? Not to mention hot fix the templar but not Atheon as well.

G_G

It seems like more of a utility thing. Like, imagine dropping it in the Raid in places you know Praetorians are going to come out or something. Which makes sense, since the Hunter is missing a "Utility" subclass.

the problem then, of course, is that they start dropping it in front of doors to control points in crucible.

i feel like they're just using duct tape at this point and wont be able to actually 'balance' or 'fix' this game until destiny 2. unless they take it offline for 3 days while implementing a title update that overhauls literally all of its mechanics, the pve/pvp weapon split in particular.

if only they would

Strider

With the Templar cheese gone too along with a nerfed Vex (which was my carrot on a stick) idk if I even want to do the hard raid again this week. I have a feeling that's gonna take a while considering... ya know... I've beaten the raid 5 times and not even level 30 yet...

That damage reduction sucks.

I do however look forward to more PvP going forward as my handcannon will be even more powerful now. muahahaha. Now Bungie... Drop me a Hawkmoon or Last Word please.

arimanius

Nerf to titans buff to warlocks.

sarcasm

Anyone seen this stuff posted on Reddit from someone claiming to be a tester The Dark Below Expansion? I'll spoiler it just in case it turns out to be real.

Reddit Link

Pastebin Link

And warlocks get the best 3rd subclass. Titan one sounds horrible. Needed to be a big sword.

Bungie wants everyone to be a warlock confirmed.

Ok, but I'm referring to how that exploit affects hard mode. I get that it really doesn't matter for normal, but it has far reaching effects on hard.

ZangBa

That's what I tweeted to Bungie. They're removing whatever ways the community has found to have a little bit of fun in Destiny, while not fixing the basic flaws of the game.

Most of the people who are interested in the Vex Mythoclast, for instance, have already beaten the Raid on hard and already know how to do it. However, the Hard mode Raid takes a long time to complete and you have to do it multiple times to get the Mythoclast, due to RNG. We've already proven we could beat the Raid, we don't need or want to do it over and over again. This isn't Bungie testing the skill of its player base, it's just making us work for no salary. This is not fun.

You cannot bring down a fever by breaking the thermometer.

This post perfectly describes my feelings. I've gone through the raid legitimately already, twice, and I just want to get Atheon out of the way as quickly as I can, and not bother with the rest of the raid.

I wish there was a matchmaking system where I could just choose to look for people for Atheon and that's it.

Yeah if you stand on any of these platforms during the templar fight (the far right one being the most popular) you can only focus on the templar. You never need to worry about the ads or oracles. Only get cleansed and shoot the templar.

The A1Fx8494540a6540f6f410sd6f1sdf06dsf1d0d0 from the Vanguard quartermaster. It's the best scout rifle that you can purchase.
that scout was my first found and owned legendary weapon, it's what I rock most of the time alongside hand cannons, honestly a good mid range scout rifle.

Ok, but I'm referring to how that exploit affects hard mode. I get that it really doesn't matter for normal, but it has far reaching effects on hard.

And I understand that the exploit might make hard a lot easier, but I'm not talking about the relic exploit/cheese/whatever you want to call it. I'm talking about having a player standing on a hobgoblin platform firing down into the arena, which is no longer allowed for some reason.

AR's got hit hard, and suddenly it doesn't seem worth it to try and acquire a Vex Mythoclast in the raid anymore. I'm fine with nerfs but in this game they come with the extra problem of taking away incentive to play the game outside of pvp for loot, which kind of sucks.

edit: I just got a pocket infinity the other day, and now I'm not even gonna get the chance to see how powerful it is with the enhanced battery perk. I might just go ahead and break it down for the energies.

SgtCobra

Quick question guys, I can choose between these exotic bounties:

Shattered memory fragment.
A voice in the wilderness.
Or Tolands legacy?

J-Rzez

Anyone wants hard Atheon checkpoint?

I would love it. Id like a shot at the helm since the chest still hasn't dropped for me yet and I'm at 29-hell. Let me know if you still have it and if you do when it would work for you that I can grab it. :)

ARs will still be king, but I'm happy scouts got buffed as all skill weapons should have higher reward. Good pistol buff there, though I have the worst drop luck ever in my mmo career in this game and will never get the last word or hawkmoon to drop.

Lima

And I understand that the exploit might make hard a lot easier, but I'm not talking about the relic exploit/cheese/whatever you want to call it. I'm talking about having a player standing on a hobgoblin platform firing down into the arena, which is no longer allowed for some reason.

Because you don't need to worry about anything up there? What's not to understand? The second this method was found I said that they will add soft kill zones there as soon as they can.

Yeah, I still want it. I already aim for head shots, so...

Exactly, I'd say about 75% of my kills with the mytho are head shots so it's fine with me, it will just sometimes in PVE cause me to go with other guns than the Mythoclast, which is a positive in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom