• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Wait did Bungie just kill everyone's cheese strategy on the side platform during the Templar fight?

And did they fix the issue where the Vault of Glass mission never ends and you have to return to orbit yourself?

And I understand that the exploit might make hard a lot easier, but I'm not talking about the relic exploit/cheese/whatever you want to call it. I'm talking about having a player standing on a hobgoblin platform firing down into the arena, which is no longer allowed for some reason.

Because it affects the actual Templar boss fight, that's what I was saying.

Strider

So are people just getting the Atheon checkpoint then allowing friends to join in and then leave so a whole bunch of people get the checkpoint?

Pilgor

Oh, you're having fun playing with the rarest most exotic gun? Sorry, that's not how the game is supposed to be played.

I'm just about done with this game now.

Because you don't need to worry about anything up there? What's not to understand? The second this method was found I said that they will add soft kill zones there as soon as they can.

On the tall, single-person platforms around the arena where hobgoblin snipers spawn? Hobgoblins will spawn on the platforms right next to you and destroy you if you're not on the ball. There's no cover whatsoever up there, and the Templar can definitely shoot you right in the face during his phase.

I am not talking about the relic starting platform trick anymore.

Wait did Bungie just kill everyone's cheese strategy on the side platform during the Templar fight?

And did they fix the issue where the Vault of Glass mission never ends and you have to return to orbit yourself?

Meanwhile, still little to no social/clan features. They've got a weird sense of priorities.

_woLf

This post perfectly describes my feelings. I've gone through the raid legitimately already, twice, and I just want to get Atheon out of the way as quickly as I can, and not bother with the rest of the raid.

I wish there was a matchmaking system where I could just choose to look for people for Atheon and that's it.

I don't really have any issue with the need to go through all of the raid to get to the final boss. That's part of what makes his drops so good -- it takes time to get to the boss and then you have to get lucky. Whatever. That's typical MMO stuff. The issue is that instead of making the fights more approachable they just nerf each and every way that people find to beat it without addressing core issues with the entire raid (hello, portal bug!) or by upping drop rates on raid gear to get to higher levels so you can try hard mode in the first place.

0a2b76fd6d6ef6b4fe0abbff1b45d0469e4baad1f8576f08798b81cc6b1e4fb7.jpg

People want more end-game content and you're calling them entitled? Seriously, WTF? Sure, you can get to 30 without running the HM version of the raid -- but now that the ultimate drop from the raid is nerfed into oblivion, why bother? There are no unique skins like other mmos. No unique mounts or dyes (you can get both in the normal version.) Is it worth it to run through an incredibly long and difficult dungeon for absolutely no reward other than a slightly different skin for your ship (which is meaningless and only good for loading screens!) and a weapon that Bungie willingly put in the game knowing it was broken as fuck, just to turn it into a toothpick launcher because they can't figure out how to separate PvE and PvP damage?

People went into the raid, not to mention the entire game, expecting more than we received. Bungie hyped it up to hell and severely under-delivered on the amount of content in this game. There is no point to replaying dungeons or raids if there is no carrot at the end of the maze. That isn't entitlement, that's wanting what you were advertised.

Lima

On the tall, single-person platforms around the arena where hobgoblin snipers spawn? Hobgoblins will spawn on the platforms right next to you and destroy you if you're not on the ball. There's no cover whatsoever up there, and the Templar can definitely shoot you right in the face during his phase.

Do you even raid?

During the templar fight the hobgoblins don't spawn there anymore. Only Harpies, goblins and the odd minotaur.

milkham

there is a platform you can get on where you are safe, at least during the part where you have the relic, did it last night, the only time any of us died was when someone fell off, or if the guy holding the relic fell off. nothing spawned up there and we had cover to wait until the relic super charged up.

JNA

Banned
Meanwhile, still little to no social/clan features. They've got a weird sense of priorities.

Bungie will work very hard to make sure they babysit us on how to play the game but could care less about adding features/content that would make the game more fun.

Hey Bungie, remember that cool theater mode feature you guys had in Halo 3/Reach? You know the mode that practically made Machinima as big as it is today on Youtube? I'm still waiting for something as simple as that on Destiny. Still waiting...

Or even a reply mode! :(

I've got it, too. Got it in Nightfall earlier this week. Haven't actually tried it much yet, but maybe I will come patch. Is it good?

I really like it, regardless of perks. The Vanguard one really depends on explosive damage to be any good. The Crypt Dweller, fully upgraded, does decent impact and shoots extremely fast for a scout rifle. Not to mention the magazine size is decent, it has little recoil, and the reload time is damn fast. Probably not the strongest per shot but it's speedy and with the update who knows it might be what the doctor ordered.

Anybody on here have a group of 3(level 29+) that wants to finish the raid on hard tonight (xbox one)? Me and a couple buddies are gonna finish it around 8pm PST (in roughly 2 hours). We're at the gatekeepers part. Message me on here or my GT: Tripl3 Ocho

Dante316

The scout buff will make my attack 300 vision of confluence force to be reckonned in the vault of glass, and im also gnna get ghallahorn to attack 300 soon. Good.update.

E92 M3

Glad to see they ruined the Vex for PvE, with it's already low ammo reserves combined with a 34% reduction.

Why could it not just be modified for PvP and left alone for PvE,

... Why did they need to nerf the Infinity? I'm fine with all the other changes.

Bungie loves to suck the fun out of everything don't they.

Oh, you're having fun playing with the rarest most exotic gun? Sorry, that's not how the game is supposed to be played.

I'm just about done with this game now.

It's so obvious: PVE and PVP require DIFFERENT balances. Them trying to cater to everyone is just killing the game. How could they go ahead and make one of the best rewards in the game useless? It's because they need it balanced for PVP. Who cares that an amazing gun just got trashed right?

If we see this, how could they not. I knew Bungie would react impulsively and do it wrong.

I agree with everything you guys said.

Do you even raid?

During the templar fight the hobgoblins don't spawn there anymore. Only Harpies, goblins and the odd minotaur.

Doesn't the Templar warp right next to those platforms fairly often? Can he not just shoot you all in the face? I understand why the starting platform is corny but I guess I've never seen people try it on the side platform.

Honestly what it sounds like should Bungie should have done is nerf the relic to not constantly recharge super so the carrier would always have to be fighting Harpies, rather than suddenly make it not okay to stand somewhere enemies can stand.

JNA

Banned
To stop the Atheon cheese they could just adjust the rewards accordingly. Beat him in 1-2 minutes, enjoy your Legendary Sparrow and Rare Shader.

As unlikely as it sounds, what if there was a group that can kill Arheon in 1-2 minutes? I mean that's really unfair too.

HighOnPCP

Anyone wants hard Atheon checkpoint?

Yes please. I really just want the Timebreaker or at least a chance to get it.
I'm Vanguard rank 10...I do alot of bounties and patrol so I really want a faster sparrow.
IF I'd get the raid helmet I would lose my shit though. I just wanna become legend already haha. So yeah if you're on PS4 hit me up on PSN: HighOnPCP. Thanks.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Doesn't the Templar warp right next to those platforms fairly often? Can he not just shoot you all in the face? I understand why the starting platform is corny but I guess I've never seen people try it on the side platform.

Honestly what it sounds like should Bungie should have nerfed the relic to not constantly recharge super so the carrier would always have to be fighting Harpies, rather than suddenly make it not okay to stand somewhere enemies can stand.

That's too easy. Too obvious!

neoism

Let's just go play diablo 3 and call it a night lol

Im serious

I have almost a week off work and I planed on it I really haven't play much in the last month. Was thinking of starting a DH. Also was going through my GOTY again Dark Souls 2... I really need a good brake from the game.. :( really mad at myself for getting a year of PSN+ yesterday.... I dont even now if I will get the expansion...
I just really cant believe the feels I get from this game.. I REALLLLLY wanted to LOVE it but I just like the PVP a lot but its soooo fucking bare bones its fucking sad.. REACH is probably my favorite FPS of all time and it had sooo many things to do in MP...
4 fucking modes bungle WHAT THE FUCK......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom