• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stillmatic

Yeah :/ I would have been fine with adjusting the magazine size with the perk to 5 but now its just 3 and that's it. Dont know if its worth using as an exotic anymore.

Huh, it's just 3 now? Is there any point in me finishing this bounty? I've just got the 200 Nightfall kills to go.

Agreed. What do they have planned for social/clan features? Any announcements? And what happened to the promised day 1 native iPad Destiny App?

I felt like I was the only one complaining about it so thanks for pointing it out. During the beta they said the iPad version would be out by launch. They could at least say 'we're working on it'...

Daemul

Welp, just found out that the Pocket Infinity is getting nerfed. Rest well sweet Prince.

Which exotic bounty is worth getting now? Pocket Infinity is getting nerfed, Invective is getting nerfed with the rest of the shotguns, Bad Juju and Thorn are currently not worthy of the title "Exotic" and Super Good Advice is underwhelming.

Welp, just found out that the Pocket Infinity is getting nerfed. Rest well sweet Prince.

Which exotic bounty is worth getting now? Pocket Infinity is getting nerfed, Invective is getting nerfed with the rest of the shotguns, Bad Juju and Thorn are currently not worthy of the title "Exotic" and Super Good Advice is underwhelming.

none of them lol.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
That pocket infinity nerf hurts.

I always had an ear-to-ear grin whenever I unloaded the magazine on some mobs. Just earlier today I finally got it to 300 damage. Sigh.

hydruxo

Why did they make the Pocket Infinity use 8 shots if they are just going to turn around randomly nerf it without any notice? It's not useless now but it's not anything special anymore. Completely takes the novelty of the gun away.

I can't wrap my head around these hot fixes sometimes, it's like they made these weapons and never tried them out or had the foresight to know what they'd be like when the game launched,

Any recommendations for legendary purchase scout rifle. That's one of the few weapons I have not seen drop for anyone since playing.

I currently use dr nope/icebreaker for pve and last word/judgment vi for pvp

Crypt Dweller from Dead Orbit, I love it and it has a much better feel that the Vanguard scout rifle. Though I got mine as a drop from Nightfall.

To stop the Atheon cheese they could just adjust the rewards accordingly. Beat him in 1-2 minutes, enjoy your Legendary Sparrow and Rare Shader.

But why even punishing people who cheese Atheon?

Correct me if I'm wrong but even Dark Souls has cheese tactics. Have FROM Software patched them out because it's not "how they wanted people to play it"?

ZangBa

Unlike WoW, destiny lets you get to 30, the highest light level without having to complete the heroic content, they give you other avenues to hit the highest possible level. Sure there's a few items you can't get outside of hard mode. But that's no different than WoW in reality. Would you have preferred hard mode had upgraded versions of the loot, and let players get to light level 31-32? Because what I'm hearing from a lot of players here just makes me think this...

0a2b76fd6d6ef6b4fe0abbff1b45d0469e4baad1f8576f08798b81cc6b1e4fb7.jpg

What are you even going on about? In what way is asking for some form of competent matchmaking entitled? Unlike WoW, Destiny has no endgame and is incredibly bare-bones. The raid isn't even max level content. I would have preferred the game that was shown in 2013.

I don't really have any issue with the need to go through all of the raid to get to the final boss. That's part of what makes his drops so good -- it takes time to get to the boss and then you have to get lucky. Whatever. That's typical MMO stuff. The issue is that instead of making the fights more approachable they just nerf each and every way that people find to beat it without addressing core issues with the entire raid (hello, portal bug!) or by upping drop rates on raid gear to get to higher levels so you can try hard mode in the first place.

Respectable, and I agree the game has fundamental design flaws that cause cheesing to be so prevalent. There wouldn't be such a need to cheese these things if the bosses weren't drawn-out bullet sponges full of one-shot hobgoblins at every corner.

Izuna

Banned
Did Hard Raid a second time before reset.

I got Raid Ship, Raid Sparrow, Vex, Last Word, Raid Sniper, Ice Breaker, Raid Gloves, Lucky Raspberry, Antheon's Epilogue, each rocket element

60 Motes of Light
60 Ass Energy
55 Strange Coins
40 Ass Shards....

But yeah okay, lemme have once a chance a week, per character, to have the chance to be LV30.

Ardenyal

Huh, it's just 3 now? Is there any point in me finishing this bounty? I've just got the 200 Nightfall kills to go.

Its 3 without perk and 8 with it right now. If you used the perk the gun would be way out of control but it really felt like something special.

Zomba13

Bad Juju. Every other Exotic will get nerfed into irrelevance if they haven't already and Bad Juju will stand victorious as the best Pulse Rifle in the game! Mwahahahahaha!

Or, you know, fuck Exotics.

Did Hard Raid a second time before reset.

I got Raid Ship, Raid Sparrow, Vex, Last Word, Raid Sniper, Ice Breaker, Raid Gloves, Lucky Raspberry, Antheon's Epilogue, each rocket element

60 Motes of Light
60 Ass Energy
55 Strange Coins
40 Ass Shards....

But yeah okay, lemme have once a chance a week, per character, to have the chance to be LV30.

come again?????

ZangBa

If they are just going to nerf every fun unique exotic into oblivion, they might as well just let us use 3 exotic weapons instead of limiting us. Exotics are the only weapons with some personality, legendary weapons are just boring rares in a different color with more numbers.

Stillmatic

Its 3 without perk and 8 with it right now. If you used the perk the gun would be way out of control but it really felt like something special.

Exotics should feel exotic/special. :( No need to nerf Exotics into Legendary status.

The reload perk replacing it better be lightning fast.

But why even punishing people who cheese Atheon?

Correct me if I'm wrong but even Dark Souls has cheese tactics. Have FROM Software patched them out because it's not "how they wanted people to play it"?

"Earning" the rarest gear in the game from a 30 second cheese job from the "hardest" content in the game... Every developers wet dream.

Zomba13

If they are just going to nerf every fun unique exotic into oblivion, they might as well just let us use 3 exotic weapons instead of limiting us. Exotics are the only weapons with some personality, legendary weapons are just boring rares in a different color with more numbers.

Yeah. Exotics were supposed to be the "over powered" weapons. They were the ones with unique aspects and cool upgrades that doe things other guns of the same type don't. If they are just going to nerf them down and make them around as good as a legendary of the same type then what's the point?

Oh right, they need to balance for PVP and not PVE fun factor.

Why nerf the guns in PVE? Raid will be harder now. This sucks! Bungie is really disappointing me so far. I do hope they fix the Atheon cheese. Now that I am level 29 I really have no incentive left to play this game. Bungie keeps taking away and they give little to nothing back.

Come on RNG bless me with the Hawkmoon one day. Also I think I'm going to keep my Hunter main, I was debating making a sunbro but not until I get raid armor and the exotics/legendaries I want for my Hunter.

Plus if I have to do the campaign one more time I will probably find a way to sell my digital copy. .it is terrible and an insult to Bungie's past work.

Knucklehead
Raid Gear
Hawkmoon

That's all I went RNG. .all I want.

Thanks once again for letting me tag along for the Thorn stuff, sorry I couldn't use my mic bro.

Also I was trying to pronounce your username and my girlfriend freaked out and told me how "El Cuco" was the monster her parents told her about when she was younger to make her behave.

recks

I would love it. Id like a shot at the helm since the chest still hasn't dropped for me yet and I'm at 29-hell. Let me know if you still have it and if you do when it would work for you that I can grab it. :)

ARs will still be king, but I'm happy scouts got buffed as all skill weapons should have higher reward. Good pistol buff there, though I have the worst drop luck ever in my mmo career in this game and will never get the last word or hawkmoon to drop.

I would yes please! Desperately need a raid gear helmet

PSN: Streakydude
If you guys still need it.
PSN x__xo__o

E92 M3

Currently reading OT1. My god, the things that happened mere hours before Destiny's launch. I still remember the Great Chicken War.

I did that recently - was fun to go back on the hype.

Yeah. Exotics were supposed to be the "over powered" weapons. They were the ones with unique aspects and cool upgrades that doe things other guns of the same type don't. If they are just going to nerf them down and make them around as good as a legendary of the same type then what's the point?

Oh right, they need to balance for PVP and not PVE fun factor.

Why nerf the guns in PVE? Raid will be harder now. This sucks! Bungie is really disappointing me so far. I do hope they fix the Atheon cheese. Now that I am level 29 I really have no incentive left to play this game. Bungie keeps taking away and they give little to nothing back.

Yes, I hope Bungie realizes that balancing for PVE and PVP should be separate. I play PVP and PVE - but they are different experiences for me.

Is it possible to do the raid on hard if you are level 28? I have a few legendary and exotic weapons maxed, but anyone looking to join up is saying you must be level 29 or 30.

HighOnPCP

So I'll login to Destiny in about 10-15 minutes so if somebody can help me out with a VoG hard mode Atheon checkpoint please hit me up on PSN (PS4 version) HighOnPCP

Bad juju and thorn are the only exotic bounties I have.

Hopefully they give them a massive buff like the massive nerf vex just got :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom