• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'll login to Destiny in about 10-15 minutes so if somebody can help me out with a VoG hard mode Atheon checkpoint please hit me up on PSN (PS4 version) HighOnPCP

If you have someone to cheese Atheon for you I wouldn't mind tagging along and returning the favor with my friend during the reset raid. He helped cheese one of my alts with some other people and he's always down to help others once he gets to the checkpoint.

Ok I think I need to clarify here as I fat fingered that quote (on my phone, didn't see I had quoted him, was in Ragin Cajun mode), my statement was never directed at him,but at the community who is complaining about Bungie taking away their ability to cheat hard mode and wants changes like raid matchmaking because the barrier to entry of talking to people is just too high.

So here I go in an attempt to clarify.

People want more end-game content and you're calling them entitled? Seriously, WTF?
Not what I was talking about at all.

I don't really have any issue with the need to go through all of the raid to get to the final boss. That's part of what makes his drops so good -- it takes time to get to the boss and then you have to get lucky. Whatever. That's typical MMO stuff.
What I was talking about.

People went into the raid, not to mention the entire game, expecting more than we received. Bungie hyped it up to hell and severely under-delivered on the amount of content in this game. There is no point to replaying dungeons or raids if there is no carrot at the end of the maze. That isn't entitlement, that's wanting what you were advertised.
I agree completely, Bungie seriously fucked up on the rewards, IMO the Mythoclast is a bad thing to have the in the game as it devalues just about every other exotic in the game. I don't understand why Bungie tried to reinvent the wheel here on the way different difficulty content handles loot.

Anyway, What I was originally referring to is people being entitled to access the content without any work, and get angry when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar when someone tries to stop them.

So I think it is safe to say Bungie has added nothing positive to this game since launch

-Queens Wrath was a cheap way for low 20s to get better armour and was useless to high 20s once they nerfed the shards. Plus it was not the PvE addition everyone expected being recycled content and set a precedent that new content will be $$ only
-Iron banner was false advertising and the loot was lame
-Patches have only ruined peoples fun and finding new ways to cheese the system that plenty of other games have and allow
-They have focused on getting these shortcuts fixed instead of fixing numerous bugs such as Raid glitches (oracles not appearing, no end screen, sound cutting out, enemy health hard replenishing and more)
-Have been very quiet regarding how poor the story and gameplay elements are compared to every other game they ever released. And that includes Oni!!
-Neefing exotics to the point that none of them feel exotic or any better than a legendary
-An RNG loot system that is broken to shit and while some improvements have been made it has some serious problems (3 energy for beating the hard raid for the first time? Fuck off)

The Dark Below better be fucking good.

EL CUCO

Thanks once again for letting me tag along for the Thorn stuff, sorry I couldn't use my mic bro.

Also I was trying to pronounce your username and my girlfriend freaked out and told me how "El Cuco" was the monster her parents told her about when she was younger to make her behave.

Hahaha yeah im the Cuco when my kids dont want to go to bed!

We can do this anytime, man. I'm always on if you need help with anything just HMU. Let's hook up to Raid over the weekend.

darthbob

So I think it is safe to say Bungie has added nothing positive to this game since launch

-Queens Wrath was a cheap way for low 20s to get better armour and was useless to high 20s once they nerfed the shards. Plus it was not the PvE addition anyone expected being recycled content and set a precedent that new content will be $$ only
-Patches have only ruined people fun and finding new ways to cheese the system that plenty if other games have and allow
-They have focused on getting these shortcuts fixed instead of fixing numerous bugs such as Raid glitches (oracles not appearing, no end screen, sound cutting out, enemy health hard replenishing and more)
-Have been very quiet regarding how poor the story and gameplay elements are compared to every other game the ever released. And that includes Oni!!
-Neefing exotics to the point that none of them feel exotic or any better than a legendary
-An RNG loot system that is broken to shit and while some improvements have been made it has some serious problems (3 energy for beating the hard raid for the first time? Fuck off)

This far into development? Doubtful.

ZangBa

-Queens Wrath was a cheap way for low 20s to get better armour and was useless to high 20s once they nerfed the shards. Plus it was not the PvE addition anyone expected being recycled content and set a precedent that new content will be $$ only
-Patches have only ruined people fun and finding new ways to cheese the system that plenty if other games have and allow
-Have been very quiet regarding how poor the story and gameplay elements are compared to every other game the ever released. And that includes Oni!!

Based on all of this, they would have to try really hard at this point to convince me to pay for their cut content.

What are you even going on about? In what way is asking for some form of competent matchmaking entitled? Unlike WoW, Destiny has no endgame and is incredibly bare-bones. The raid isn't even max level content. I would have preferred the game that was shown in 2013.

I apologize, I never meant to quote you, I was making a statement about how a bunch of people are frustrated about not able to reach level 30, (I have 3, 29's by the way) how it's too hard to find groups (Clearly people never had the experience of actually reaching out to people to get groups together) and voicing their frustration that Bungie is trying to stop exploits in the raid.

recks

Ummm...I tried entering it and I can't seem to find you lol. (Very unique PSN name XD)

Any chance you could friend me? XD

PSN: Streakydude
Sent request, you can't imagine what I would do to change that ID.

Still trying to accept the others FR.

hydruxo

Yeah the fact that the raid has been out for a month and the mission complete timer after beating Atheon is still broken is just an example of where Bungie's priorities are at.

Korosenai

Need two people, preferably warlocks who have already pushed him off the ledge before, for hard mode Atheon.

Xbox One, message Korosenai. We are doing it now.

jett

D-Member

-Queens Wrath was a cheap way for low 20s to get better armour and was useless to high 20s once they nerfed the shards. Plus it was not the PvE addition everyone expected being recycled content and set a precedent that new content will be $$ only
-Patches have only ruined peoples fun and finding new ways to cheese the system that plenty of other games have and allow
-Have been very quiet regarding how poor the story and gameplay elements are compared to every other game they ever released. And that includes Oni!!

I really made a mistake paying for the season pass. Goddamnit.

ZangBa

I apologize, I never meant to quote you, I was making a statement about how a bunch of people are frustrated about not able to reach level 30, (I have 3, 29's by the way) how it's too hard to find groups (Clearly people never had the experience of actually reaching out to people to get groups together) and voicing their frustration that Bungie is trying to stop exploits in the raid.

All right, it's all good, that felt like a strangely random statement towards me, I wasn't even sure how to respond. I actually don't care that the cheesing is being fixed, it's a pretty typical thing to be patched out. The problem for me is they aren't able to fix the issues with the game itself that causes this to become so prevalent, so it just looks like them ruining the fun for everyone without some kind of compensation, some form of re-balancing, anything.

Based on all of this, they would have to try really hard at this point to convince me to pay for their cut content.

I'm done with Destiny once my characters hit 30, I'll be putting the bare minimum into the game from here on out. I'm glad I didn't buy the DLC pass, I'll be waiting on the communities verdict in a few months. But if the "Events" so far are any indication of Bungies mentality, then I'd say the game is already dead.

Afrocious

Anyone up for a hard mode VoG run at 6pm tomorrow? I have no idea why I'm doing it anymore now that the one gun I wanted is now nerfed to oblivion.

Raid - Vault of Glass
Templar Encounter
Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Ha ha ha oh fuck

If the rumors/dabatase analyses/leaks are true, then we'll be getting 4-5 "story" missions, one or two Strikes and a raid. I don't trust Bungie to make those missions interesting story-wise. From what I've seen it's something like "they're trying to re-awaken the Black Garden"(which we already destroyed in the main campaign) or "X or Y Hive faction is trying to do Z, stop them because reasons!"

Gimme a real story arc and characters I can care about. Hell, even the Exo Stranger or the Queen of the Reef would do.

ocean

Banned
Nearly at reset so I imagine anyone interested had already done it but:

Any kind soul willing to take my self-reviving, super fashionable, Ice Breaking Sunsinger alt through the Nightfall? It'd give me the rep I need to finally buy him the legendary gear he's missing to be Raid-ready.

I can return the favor and help you out with my 29 Titan tonight or tomorrow after the reset :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom