• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

arimanius

We're still working on a larger update which will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance.

This part of the patch notes has me the most intrigued. Depending on what the class balances are it will probably make or break me from continuing to play.

TTG

What's the point of Pocket Infinity's auto fire if it has a 3 round magazine? Well, I'm not going out of my way to get those 200 kills...

lol welcome to crucible with randoms

3X4u18m.jpg

UdBx4J9.jpg

Bungie math:

- take best gun in game, reduce damage by one third
- make raid harder, making said gun less useful
= much fun for everyone

I completely get how people in PvP are ticket at the Mytho, and maybe a PvP specific nerf might have been a good idea. I don't see why a PvE nerf for the Mytho was such a priority. Or maybe Bungie can't be selective in this regard programmatically.

One undeniable message here: awesome raid rewards are only awesome temporarily, and your efforts to obtain same should be minimal in keeping with that.

To hell with fixing the broken raid, right?

I really feel there's nothing left for me to do in this game, and even if there was something cool to get, it'd probably be declared OP by the Bnet forum community shortly thereafter.

RIP Mytho.

Anyone wanna group up for Iron Banner? I wanna get to level 2 for the towel at least. Can't afford to roll the dice worth random team for rep anymore.

Bungie math:

= much fun for everyone

I completely get how people in PvP are ticket at the Mytho, and maybe a PvP specific nerf might have been a good idea. I don't see why a PvE nerf for the Mytho was such a priority. Or maybe Bungie can't be selective in this regard programmatically.

One undeniable message here: awesome raid rewards are only awesome temporarily, and your efforts to obtain same should be minimal in keeping with that.

I really feel there's nothing left for me to do in this game, and even if there was something cool to get, it'd probably be declared OP by the Bnet forum community shortly thereafter.

RIP Mytho.

I'm still going to use it, 25% modifier to crit damage which is 300% right? If anything it may actually be stronger for me now.

So I'm getting an error that I've lost permission to play multiplayer or that I'm signed in somewhere else. Online has been fine for me on everything else. Is this a known issue?

Edit: nvm. Required a whole ps4 reboot.

Afrocious

Bungie math:

= much fun for everyone

RIP Mytho.

This is similar to how I feel. I figured it was neat to have the gun be OP since it's an exotic. You'd think more Exotics would be that godly but they're not.

Now that I'm level 30 and have all the raid gear, I can see this week or next being the last few times I run hard mode. I'd really like to get the platinum trophy since I'm close, but aside from that, I think December might be the next time I sit down to seriously play the game.

jaaz

Good thing I didn't spend any time upgrading the pocket infinity. I think I subconsciously left if for last somehow knowing this nerf was coming.

I am confused though, with the full auto perk gone, what makes this exotic fusion rifle well... exotic?

Good thing I didn't spend any time upgrading the pocket infinity. I think I subconsciously left if for last somehow knowing this nerf was coming.

I am confused though, with the full auto perk gone, what makes this exotic fusion rifle well... exotic?

it's yellow, and...

Exactly. I don't know if that's a popular vote but I don't need my guns to preform the same way they do in PVP Vs PVE

Yeah, and about that...

As far as PvP goes, doesn't regular crucible take care of those differences anyways? Iron Banner may be the minor exception and even it's over tomorrow.

So in essence this nerf wasn't really needed.

It's great that it has a buff to head shots, but I am not great at that element. Lucky to hit my target at all :)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Based on all of this, they would have to try really hard at this point to convince me to pay for their cut content.

He forgot not enough loot. Since faction rewards are also dropped loot.

Game continues to get worse. I'll be glad when COD and Halo MCC come out.

Izayoi

Banned
Lol, Bungie continuing to be completely out of touch.

Nerfing PvE damage and PvP damage? ARs are now totally useless in both.

Why even bother trying to get Mythoclast anymore?

With a 34% damage nerf and +.25 crit buff, headshots will now do as much damage as body shots used to.

yea I'm not sure where the hell my math went there, what I mean to say is I'm fine changing it so it still rewards skill for headshots etc. Maybe they will adjust it again, this Nerf seems a bit harsh, maybe for appeasement purposes.

foxdvd

So the big damage boost to scout rifles is a 6% damage boost? I know there will always be someone who defends their scout rifle, but in PVE there should have been a huge bump to headshot multiplier as well. Not sure what improved target acquisition means, I have no problem getting critical hits all the time, I just hate seeing my green hand cannon do double the damage with critical hits vs my legendary scout rifle.

_woLf

Destiny: The game that was so frustrating it made other Activision games look better
Man, that has got to be one of the most depressingly true statements I've read in a long time.

On a different note, does anyone have an Atheon hard mode save going and happen to need another person? I'm only level 28 but I have a lot of experience running it on normal mode.

jaaz

Maybe I know nothing of game testing, but if these so-called cheeses really need a hot fix, how the hell did they get past play testing? Like the Templar cheese, there are fricking step by step platforms all the way to the cheese platform, and it even has a place to duck and shoot from. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a group can camp there with the relic and snipe away. It's like it was put there deliberately for players to find.

If an "exploit" this obvious really got past Bungie's play testing, I am genuinely worried at their ability to balance Destiny gameplay long-term.

Maybe I know nothing of game testing, but if these so-called cheeses really need a hot fix, how the hell did they get past play testing? Like the Templar cheese, there are fricking step by step platforms all the way to the cheese platform, and it even has a place to duck and shoot from. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a group can camp there with the relic and snipe away. It's like it was put there deliberately for players to find.

If an "exploit" this obvious really got past Bungie's play testing, I am genuinely worried at their ability to balance Destiny gameplay long-term.

everything is within jumping distance with perfect line of sight to oracles and enough cover to hide from adds. i refuse to believe it wasn't intended. they just didn't expect it to be widespread and now they're in panic mode.

Afrocious

I thought this same thing too. Then it makes me wonder who exactly did they invite to play this raid that one time they were hyping it up as being extremely difficult.

Not that raiders from actual MMOs cheese, but I think they would've used the fact everyone uses guns and how there are literal platforms outside of the arena to their advantage.

ZServ

Exactly. I don't know if that's a popular vote but I don't need my guns to preform the same way they do in PVP Vs PVE

especially considering players dont need to know that it's a pvp specific nerf. It can still seem really good while not being broken. No one would go "wow this gun doesnt destroy absolutely everything, this is not fun." Doesn't even need to be a publicly explained nerf. Just hide it.

Ardenyal

Try finding a lvl 20 fusion rifle with 3 in the mag. Try finding one at lvl 4 even... shits exotic yo

I agree. If there was only one cheese spot, I would understand, but it's like EVERY boss has a cheesing spot. The Templar, Atheon, the Archon Priest, hell, even the Fallen and Hive waves in Devil's Lair. You don't even need to glitch to them, they're just there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom