• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the raid helmet ONLY drops from Aetheon on hard mode?

I've never seen it drop at any of the other checkpoints, but I want to be sure, because if it only drops from him then from now on I'm only doing the Aetheon checkpoint on hard mode. Screw the rest of the raid.

Next patch notes prediction: From now on at the weekly reset players in the raid will be returned to orbit and have their raid progress reset.

realcZk

You consider it better by far than the Last Word? Are you considering the PvP viability too? Honest question. I own Last Word and it's easily my best PvP gun. Stat wise, it only looked like hawkmoon had better range and a larger clip. It had a slight increase to impact, but that didn't seem large enough to be better far. Not to mention that Last Word gets a stability upgrade, can fire full auto, and gets bonus precision damage when your target is shooting back at you (96 dmg in PvP). The only issue with the Last Word is clip size and range in very few situations.

fatebringer > all

last word seems fun in PvP but I'd still take Thorn

27 Warlock LFG Vault of Glass, full clear preferred. I have ran through multiple times on my other characters, normal and hard. Just need to clear on my alt this week. PSN The_reckoning (PS4)

"My primary concern is that your favorite character in Destiny is someone on your friend's list"

"I'm not in promise-making mode"

LOOOOOOOOOOOL, DeeJ pls

Didn't know you could get Ascendent materials from chests. Is this new? I've done like a thousand chest runs before the patch, and the most I've ever gotten are blue engrams and ships.
wcPribU.jpg

You consider it better by far than the Last Word? Are you considering the PvP viability too? Honest question. I own Last Word and it's easily my best PvP gun. Stat wise, it only looked like hawkmoon had better range and a larger clip. It had a slight increase to impact, but that didn't seem large enough to be better far. Not to mention that Last Word gets a stability upgrade, can fire full auto, and gets bonus precision damage when your target is shooting back at you (96 dmg in PvP). The only issue with the Last Word is clip size and range in very few situations.

Hawkmoon has a damn high impact and when it triggers bonus damage a head shot does around 125 damage

realcZk

Over Last Word? YOU HEATHEN. I haven't been able to try fatebringer yet. Maybe I'll stick around with Destiny long enough to get that to drop.

/LastWordStanning

haha last word looks awesome. hip fire and no rof limit is insane. I just love my Thorn poison but I'm sure I could be convinced. not for PvE though I think fatebringer wins that battle. Hawkmoon is a close second

Damn hate when I hit the bottom of a page, question rarely gets looked at then. Gonna try once more.

I've never seen it drop at any of the other checkpoints, but I want to be sure, because if it only drops from him then from now on I'm only doing the Aetheon checkpoint on hard mode. Screw the rest of the raid.

Next patch notes prediction: From now on at the weekly reset players in the raid will be returned to orbit and have their raid progress reset.

ZangBa

Watching this radio show on Twitch, but the questions are pretty bad, and Deej is wasting so much time talking when he could be more concise. :/

Namikaze1

Damn hate when I hit the bottom of a page, question rarely gets looked at then. Gonna try once more.

There's two helmets: the blue version and the gold version.

The blue version drops only with Athean on normal.

The gold version drops only with Athean on hard.

Both are the same helmet just colored differently.

Even then, you need to pray to RNGesus to actually get it.

Edit: they're both legendary, just the color scheme is differently. Wanted to clarify that.

SharkJAW

Hawkmoon has a damn high impact and when it triggers bonus damage a head shot does around 125 damage
Total health is somewhere around 190, if not less in PvP, iirc, so you hit the point of diminishing returns. Since you can't one hit them with the bonus damage unless they've been softened up, the smallest amount of bullets you can kill with is 2 bullets, same as Last Word, except the bonus damage is more guaranteed for last word if you end up in a 1v1. The extended clip on Hawkmoon is most definitely better for back to back encounters. How does the reload speed look on it? I'll admit the Last Word clip is small, but I've been able to strafe into cover and reload and finish the job if I've missed. Hawkmoon wins the range conversation hands down, though.

haha last word looks awesome. hip fire and no rof limit is insane. I just love my Thorn poison but I'm sure I could be convinced. not for PvE though I think fatebringer wins that battle. Hawkmoon is a close second
Yeah, I'd figure high impact handcannons are the best for PvE. I'd most definitely prefer the bigger clip from hawkmoon or fatebringer for PvE. The RoF on Last Word puts you toe to toe with the best ARs, and I play PvP a lot trying to cash in bounties/get marks (and after the patch, probably better).

Maaaan, once you get used to that Last Word RoF, you let it rip even if your opponent is 100 m away and you know damn well the only way you'll hit them is if you shoot it like it's a semi automatic.

I like Deej statements abut how people need to stop whiteknighting and protecting Bungie from criticism. They are all adults who are getting paid for a service.

ZangBa

I like Deej statements abut how people need to stop whiteknighting and protecting Bungie from criticism. They are all adults who are getting paid for a service.

Probably the best thing he's been able to say right now. It's been a snooze-fest since the start, though.

Just saw the hotfix.

That auto rifle nerf is fucking nothing, and they didn't even touch the Suros lol. 2% damage, what's the point. Wouldn't surprise me if the Crucible starts to die because of this.

Pocket Infinity nerf make absolutely no sense. I hardly ever see the thing used, especially now that Ice Breaker is in play. It's just a pointless nerf. Yeah it was a great weapon but it wasn't broken by any stretch of the imagination.

Also I just have to laugh at the nerfing of the loot cave in the Rocketyard. Nobody even uses the damn thing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom