• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patroclos

Banned
Grats! Stick with that thing until you get the ammo clip buff. It really makes that weapon pretty great imo.

Thanks and Thanks for the tip. I had Dr. Nope fully upgraded except for ass energy and this thing already crushes it. I don't know if I can get rid of it ever. It looks amazing. Pics don't do it justice. Takes the sting totally out of not buying a Suros.

patchday

Good thing I didn't spend any time upgrading the pocket infinity. I think I subconsciously left if for last somehow knowing this nerf was coming.

I am confused though, with the full auto perk gone, what makes this exotic fusion rifle well... exotic?

Yes you are confused because that's not what they are nerfing :)

edit-

Pocket Infinity
Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Why even bother patching Atheon after nerfing the Mythoclast. Like anyone is going to put themselves through the grief for it now.

Haines

Banned
Balance and nerfs aren't the same thing. Nothing is fixed when they just tank the good stuff because they designed it poorly.

I completely disagree.

Nerfing the op bullshit will make crucible.much more skill based and fun.

They also added a couple buffs.

EZ mode guns like shottys and AR's have no room being op. Heavys are OK because ammo is scarce.

jtar86

I have a checkpoint at the final boss of the normal raid. Need someone to cheese him for before the reset. I wasn't able to finish it saturday with my group so I would hate for the checkpoint to go to waste. Just send a message to mast3rtarv1n on x1.

Magwik

Banned
I completely disagree.

Nerfing the op bullshit will make crucible.much more skill based and fun.

They also added a couple buffs.

EZ mode guns like shottys and AR's have no room being op. Heavys are OK because ammo is scarce.

Crucible will never be balanced, skill based, or fun with a simple hotfix. It would need a complete overhaul.

Patroclos

Banned
It's like ripping off a bandaid.
No need to pussy foot about it. All the Playstation exclusive stuff is dumb.

Lol. It's OK. I had Dr Nope. It's already an improvement. After using that forever it feels so easy to kill with this thing. It's becoming a Pokemon type thing with me, I gotta catch em all!

I thought Hawkmoon was PS exclusive? No good, too?

Haines

Banned
Crucible will never be balanced, skill based, or fun with a simple hotfix. It would need a complete overhaul.

I'm not looking for another cs:go

It doesn't need to be competitive but i do agree it launched pretty bad but the patches can't really come much quicker

Magwik

Banned
Lol. It's OK. I had Dr Nope. It's already an improvement. After using that forever it feels so easy to kill with this thing. It's becoming a Pokemon type thing with me, I gotta catch em all!

I thought Hawkmoon was PS exclusive? No good, too?

Hawkmoon is PS Exclusive and is by far the best hand cannon, and might be one of the best exotics in the game.

Hah, this game is so fucking stupid sometimes. Fourth time I get the exotic bounty thing, and fourth time it's for the same shitting weapons (handgun, shotgun, pulse rifle).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
People are actually upset they're fixing exploits.
K8WcZ5l.png

More about the nerfing of exotics.

ultron87

I don't know why it took me so long to realize why I vastly prefer Clash to Control: You are way less likely to get triple killed by a super in Clash, and that is the most frustrating thing in the game to me.

Overdoziz

Banned
More about the nerfing of exotics.
Literally everybody and their mother was complaining about the Vex whatchamacallit. Making it so you need to get critical hits to do roughly the same amount of damage as with body shots before the patch seems pretty reasonable. The Pocket Infinity nerf just makes it so you can't hold down the trigger for half the duration of a match without reloading. Being able to hold down the trigger is already a pretty ridiculous feature, having that with just about the biggest magazine you can have on a Fusion Rifle was pretty silly.

1 super per game for each player and only one heavy spawn once a game in the middle of the map. Special ammo drastically reduced also. No orbs either in pvp.

This game has way too low a ttk and then there's a whole bunch of one shot BS all over the place.

E92 M3

Lol, Bungie continuing to be completely out of touch.

Nerfing PvE damage and PvP damage? ARs are now totally useless in both.

Why even bother trying to get Mythoclast anymore?

Yeah, I just realized ARs will be bad for PVE, too. Good thing I held of on wasting shards for the Shadow Price. It just pisses me of so much that they balance weapons the same for two DISTINCTIVELY different modes.

Typical backlash to nerfs as predicted.

It will be a better game for it.

Our complaints aren't about PVP balances. The weapons are being ruined for PVE, too. The Mytho is an Exotic weapon gained from beating the hardest boss in the game. It should be damn strong. Bungie are one of those developers that don't know limits when it comes to nerfing and buffing. If something is nerfed, just consider it useless, not balanced. 34% is ridiculous for an exotic weapon from a hard raid.

No one would have any complaints if they balanced weapons for PVE and PVP separately. Guess it requires more effort on their front, though.

SharkJAW

Hawkmoon is PS Exclusive and is by far the best hand cannon, and might be one of the best exotics in the game.

You consider it better by far than the Last Word? Are you considering the PvP viability too? Honest question. I own Last Word and it's easily my best PvP gun. Stat wise, it only looked like hawkmoon had better range and a larger clip. It had a slight increase to impact, but that didn't seem large enough to be better far. Not to mention that Last Word gets a stability upgrade, can fire full auto, and gets bonus precision damage when your target is shooting back at you (96 dmg in PvP). The only issue with the Last Word is clip size and range in very few situations.

Oh shit, they're asking him why the story is shit

Edit: DeeJ's answer: "This feedback has been well received"

"Story is not my primary concern when I play games, I'm a clan nerd"

Oh boy here we go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom