• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the hotfix.

That auto rifle nerf is fucking nothing, and they didn't even touch the Suros lol. 2% damage, what's the point. Wouldn't surprise me if the Crucible starts to die because of this.

Pocket Infinity nerf make absolutely no sense. I hardly ever see the thing used, especially now that Ice Breaker is in play. It's just a pointless nerf. Yeah it was a great weapon but it wasn't broken by any stretch of the imagination.

Also I just have to laugh at the nerfing of the loot cave in the Rocketyard. Nobody even uses the damn thing lol.

Bungie acting like freaking amateurs at this - they made HOW many Halo games? It's like they're confused on what to nerf/buff.

E92 M3

Just saw the hotfix.

That auto rifle nerf is fucking nothing, and they didn't even touch the Suros lol. 2% damage, what's the point. Wouldn't surprise me if the Crucible starts to die because of this.

Pocket Infinity nerf make absolutely no sense. I hardly ever see the thing used, especially now that Ice Breaker is in play. It's just a pointless nerf. Yeah it was a great weapon but it wasn't broken by any stretch of the imagination.

Also I just have to laugh at the nerfing of the loot cave in the Rocketyard. Nobody even uses the damn thing lol.

Yeah pocket infinity nerf was so random (I don't use the extended clip), but it was hilarious they "fixed" for no reason. And Suros will still be the best weapon.

Navy Bean

Yeah pocket infinity nerf was so random (I don't use the extended clip), but it was hilarious they "fixed" for no reason. And Suros will still be the best weapon.
Is it still worth getting the pocket infinity? I'm one stage away so I'll probably get it anyways. Also don't have any legendary fusions.

SharkJAW

Just saw the hotfix.

Pocket Infinity/Invective can be forces to be reckoned with on rumble. Pretty much can only be avoided at range, with pocket infinity being less affected by the range, considering you can still rain brimstone and hit something no matter how shitty you are at aiming.

My judgement of guns is largely based on the PvP experience, I've just noticed.

Ominym

Banned
Deej said a bit ago, "you gotta find a balance" in response to a question about balance in the Iron Banner. Which should, by design, be unbalanced.

Come on.

BTM

Darn, and I just picked up the Pocket Infinity bounty too. Just wanted to try out the crazy extended clip thing.

There's two helmets: the blue version and the gold version.

The blue version drops only with Athean on normal.

The gold version drops only with Athean on hard.

Both are the same helmet just colored differently.

Even then, you need to pray to RNGesus to actually get it.

Edit: they're both legendary, just the color scheme is differently. Wanted to clarify that.

Fuck me I can get it on normal? I've cleared it on my lock every week and no luck. Maybe I need to delete my hunter and titan so that I can get 3 chances at it.... except that I want to have at least the titan helm too since I use an exotic chest piece on him (and WANT to use exotic chest on warlock, hence the need for the helm).

Can't believe I've done at least 7 raid clears across all my chars and have never seen anyone in my group get it. Must be even more rare than the Epilogue and Mythoclast.

There's two helmets: the blue version and the gold version.

The blue version drops only with Athean on normal.

The gold version drops only with Athean on hard.

Both are the same helmet just colored differently.

Even then, you need to pray to RNGesus to actually get it.

Edit: they're both legendary, just the color scheme is differently. Wanted to clarify that.

I thought the blue version thing was a myth and comes from data mining?
Maybe I'm wrong?

zenbot

That auto rifle nerf is fucking nothing, and they didn't even touch the Suros lol. 2% damage, what's the point.
Yeah, I'm hoping that these tiny percentages have some unexpected cumulative effect because I was expecting auto rifles, and the aforementioned Suros in particular, to be harder hit. No sane person takes a scout or pulse rifle to a Suros fight.

Ken

who thought it was ok to put shards and normal mode sparrows in hard mode treasure chest

i'm pretty close to done with the game. the game does very little to make you feel rewarded for your efforts, whether it be in PVP or PVE

Boy are they implementing these fixes in the wrong way. Why are they bringing down the base damage for the Vex Mytho for PVE? I understand nerfing it for PVP but why do it for PVE? The weapon has terrible range and the only thing going for it was it's damage. It's like they want us to have Exotics but have them feeling like they're no better than legendary.

Not to mention the 2% AR nerf. Big whoop. Seems like they're confused on what to nerf and buff.

Izuna

Banned
Did Hard Raid a second time before reset.

I got Raid Ship, Raid Sparrow, Vex, Last Word, Raid Sniper, Ice Breaker, Raid Gloves, Lucky Raspberry, Antheon's Epilogue, each rocket element

60 Motes of Light
60 Ass Energy
55 Strange Coins
40 Ass Shards....

But yeah okay, lemme have once a chance a week, per character, to have the chance to be LV30.

Quoting myself because to add, I just solo'd the Templar and got myself a Universal Remote.

BadAss2961

Boy are they implementing these fixes in the wrong way. Why are they bringing down the base damage for the Vex Mytho for PVE? I understand nerfing it for PVP but why do it for PVE? The weapon has terrible range and the only thing going for it was it's damage. It's like they want us to have Exotics but have them feeling like they're no better than legendary.

Not to mention the 2% AR nerf. Big whoop. Seems like they're confused on what to nerf and buff.
Range seems really good to me. It's like an assault/scout rifle with ridiculous damage, plus fire element. Its only weakness is the limited ammo it holds.

Figures that the night I get it is its last.

I never even got my Pocket Infinity because of waiting for the goddamned gunsmith to sell the rare fusion rifles and now they are being nerfed. Fuck this shit. I have nothing else to do in this game except collect the Exotic weapons now. If Bungie is trying to make me quit the game they are doing an amazing job of it. I wonder what the GameStop trade in value is now.

Chitown B

Did Hard Raid a second time before reset.

I got Raid Ship, Raid Sparrow, Vex, Last Word, Raid Sniper, Ice Breaker, Raid Gloves, Lucky Raspberry, Antheon's Epilogue, each rocket element

60 Motes of Light
60 Ass Energy
55 Strange Coins
40 Ass Shards....

But yeah okay, lemme have once a chance a week, per character, to have the chance to be LV30.

what's your problem again?

Dave_6

Fuck, just attempted my first raid when some non-GAFers that are on my friends list. That was rough and I didn't even finish :/ Did get some boots, shards and a legendary LMG.

todd360

Just saw a hunter cloak in crucible that said the original owner of thorn used to dominate the crucible. I loled and said no he didn't.

Chitown B

That LV30 is impossible to get to no matter how much I try? Raid gear being the only way is dumb.

RNG is random. Also it just hit one month. I wouldn't worry so much about it. What do you get at level 30? a gold star? to quit playing? I'm not sure they goal other than "I hit 30 so now I can be done"

it's not like there's an achievement for it. *shrug*

I'm 29 and I don't expect to hit 30 for a long time.

MildSoss

Man, i just finished getting the Pocket Infinity perk tonight too and now it's getting a nerf? lol I could understand it being nerfed in pvp but pve as well? What a load of BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom