• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Range seems really good to me. It's like an assault/scout rifle with ridiculous damage, plus fire element. Its only weakness is the limited ammo it holds.

Figures that the night I get it is its last.
Even then, I don't see anything wrong with that for PVE. The gun needed a nerf for PVP. It should and does feel like an exotic badass weapon in PVE. The nerf feels like they're just nerfing it for the sake of shutting up complainers.

Next thing they'll be nerfing will be the Ice Breaker.

E92 M3

Bungie just doesn't want you to feel like a badass in this game. Everything has to be a struggle, a grind. I don't get it.

I am beginning to think like that, too. The Mytho was the first time I felt like a "Legend" in PVE. Now they're taking it away from us.

That LV30 is impossible to get to no matter how much I try? Raid gear being the only way is dumb.

Yes, I need the raid boots to get to 30 and it does suck it's quite random for this stuff.

HighOnPCP

If you have someone to cheese Atheon for you I wouldn't mind tagging along and returning the favor with my friend during the reset raid. He helped cheese one of my alts with some other people and he's always down to help others once he gets to the checkpoint.

Hey man I just read this I'm sorry, I just went straight into it. I did it with my brother and suprisingly it took me a while this time lol...I only got a ship and 3 energies so I don't even feel bad for cheesing it. Maybe next time man I love cheese that's never gonna change lol

Izuna

Banned
RNG is random. Also it just hit one month. I wouldn't worry so much about it. What do you get at level 30? a gold star? to quit playing? I'm not sure they goal other than "I hit 30 so now I can be done"

it's not like there's an achievement for it. *shrug*

I'm 29 and I don't expect to hit 30 for a long time.

Ugh... I would just rather this game allowed me to solo through my progression. I did the Templar solo, there is no real teamwork involved other than finding 5 other people who aren't terrible, ready to play for an extended period of time.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I never even got my Pocket Infinity because of waiting for the goddamned gunsmith to sell the rare fusion rifles and now they are being nerfed. Fuck this shit. I have nothing else to do in this game except collect the Exotic weapons now. If Bungie is trying to make me quit the game they are doing an amazing job of it. I wonder what the GameStop trade in value is now.
If you haven't tried it, don't knock it. The 8-round magazine on full auto threw the gun everywhere, so if they've dumped the 8-round option but increased the reload speed instead then I'd give it a go before badmouthing it.... especially since you haven't even gotten the gun yet.

E92 M3

I love how on the podcast they guy was mentioning how people are complaining about the Mytho, yet he didn't mention everyone is talking about PVE.

BadAss2961

Even then, I don't see anything wrong with that for PVE. The gun needed a nerf for PVP. It should and does feel like an exotic badass weapon in PVE. The nerf feels like they're just nerfing it for the sake of shutting up complainers.

Next thing they'll be nerfing will be the Ice Breaker.
Oh I agree with you, this sucks. They can do whatever they want with PVP because it needs the balance, but i'd much prefer these weapons be left untouched for PVE.

Can't help but feel cheated after putting in so many hours for shit that just gets nerfed to hell,.

rdrr gnr

Bungie's philosophy seems to be that if it's fun -- let's get rid of it. This hotfix, again, emphasizes how much of an atrocity their approach to PvP really has been. The Vex should be one the best weapons in PvE, it should be a monster. Yet it along with PI are getting across the board nerfs? Same applies to autos.

And what's with that Titan agility nerf. Eat a fucking dick. Why spend any time "fixing" what isn't a problem, while Defender Titan is by far the worst PvP class?

HighOnPCP

Does anyone have a checkpoint at the Gorgon maze on heroic VoG?
If so please let me know I just want to snatch those 2 chests I'm not gonna lie but the game is just so stingy sometimes I don't even feel bad about it lol

So yeah please if someone has the checkpoint right at the gorgons for PS4, please hit me up!

E92 M3

Bungie's philosophy seems to be that if it's fun -- let's get rid of it. This hotfix, again, emphasizes how much of an atrocity their approach to PvP really has been. The Vex should be one the best weapons in PvE, it should be a monster. Yet it along with PI are getting across the board nerfs? Same applies to autos.

Indeed, the damn PVP is intruding on the creativity of PVE weapons. The Mytho was an amazing reward for a tough challenge. Fucking ban it from PVP, but don't nerf it and make it useless. I can't believe Bungie are balancing weapons for PVE and PVP with the same brush. I am telling you guys, it's because it will probably require more effort to do different balances so they decide to just say "fuck it" and throw the PVE players under the bus. I play a lot of PVP, but I know the PVE experience is completely different.

I love how on the podcast they guy was mentioning how people are complaining about the Mytho, yet he didn't mention everyone is talking about PVE.

Well that was a waste of damn time. No transparency at all, roundabout talking. It did seem obvious to me, both the people hosting the station and Deej don't particulary understand or care about PVE that much though.

Indeed, the damn PVP is intruding on the creativity of PVE weapons. The Mytho was an amazing reward for a tough challenge. Fucking ban it from PVP, but don't nerf it and make it useless. I can't believe Bungie are balancing weapons for PVE and PVP with the same brush. I am telling you guys, it's because it will probably require more effort to do different balances so they decide to just say "fuck it" and throw the PVE players under the bus. I play a lot of PVP, but I know the PVE experience is completely different.

Give it the little check mark box, combat zone [√], can't use it.

Chitown B

Ugh... I would just rather this game allowed me to solo through my progression. I did the Templar solo, there is no real teamwork involved other than finding 5 other people who aren't terrible, ready to play for an extended period of time.

a) it's a MP game. It's meant to be played with people, and definitely so are raids which is why you need more than one person for most of the parts. You killed the Templar with only you playing? with what?

b) after you hit 30, then what?

NastyBook

I feel like dismantling my PI now. There is no point in using it without the Extended Battery perk.
I'm thinking about scrapping it, too. That perk was the only reason I even wasted my time for the damn bounty in the first place. My Purifier VII shits on it, so I might as well stick with it.

Also, thinking about doing the Weekly Nightfall before it changes. Anybody else that might be interested and need to do it, let me know. I'm gonna try to use the cheese spot to get the adds before the Archon releases, too, so I'm gonna be crawlspacing it as soon as I get in there. Also plan on using the Icebreaker on the mobs near the rocks in front of that giant ass Fallen ship before the Pike scene. Probably won't be talking on the mic either.

Also, I am sick unto DEATH of the Naraka SR5. Watch the buff make it the best Rare Scout Rifle in the game, then they'll stop putting it in Engrams.

E92 M3

Well that was a waste of damn time. No transparency at all, roundabout talking. It did seem obvious to me, both the people hosting the station and Deej don't particulary understand or care about PVE that much though.

It seemed like that - though I don't know how Deej feels. PVE is the foundation of Destiny, and they would be very wrong to ignore it for the people that will move to COD in a month.

Give it the little check mark box, combat zone [√], can't use it.

Anything to differentiate the weapon balances. It frustrates me so much that Bungie doesn't think about the changes they are making it. It's like they completely failed to realize that PVE players don't want to be screwed for a mode they don't play.

SharkJAW

Just looked at the DLC leak. Interesting if true. It would also make sense that the Hunter got a more PvE based subclass. I'd be inclined to try it out.

raindoc

I said it before and I'll say it again: keep exotics out of the crucible.
I'd go even further and say that legendary items should be banned too - not because they're OP, but because the need to keep a second set of gear would keep rare and uncommon items interesting for higher level players.

Just looked at the DLC leak. Interesting if true. It would also make sense that the Hunter got a more PvE based subclass. I'd be inclined to try it out.

link please.

HighOnPCP

The Mythoclast will do 34% less damage after the hotfix right?
Why is everyone freaking out? Just take a deep breath and remember HOW GOD DAMN BROKEN it is and that after 34% damage reduction it will still do...A SHIT TON of damage lol.

SharkJAW

I said it before and I'll say it again: keep exotics out of the crucible.
I'd go even further and say that legendary items should be banned too - not because they're OP, but because the need to keep a second set of gear would keep rare and uncommon items interesting for higher level players.
I totally agree. Maybe the even smaller weapon pool would stymie Bungie's balancing incompetence.

Raxus

Be nice if titan and warlock got a PvP heavy class as well. Striker is really the only titan option outside of control.

I have zero sympathy after having dealt with this Auto Rifle / Mythoclast nonsense. Let it all burn. Hopefully from here on out they put some effort into keeping things balanced.

Izuna

Banned
a) it's a MP game. It's meant to be played with people, and definitely so are raids which is why you need more than one person for most of the parts. You killed the Templar with only you playing? with what?

b) after you hit 30, then what?

Templar can be killed easily solo. Raid's design only requires teamwork because it is unlikely to be at two places at once. Teammates don't interact with each other, they're all playing solo at different parts of the map. On hard where you can't revive, this is totally true. Solo Nightfall is fun, and even then, Nightfall is only not shit because of the lack of damage spongy enemies. When you play solo, this game adjusts the damage to the point where it makes sense.

(B) -- It's part of the game's progression. It's levelling up. Raid gear you have one chance a week. I had to make another character because looking forward for a small chance of something once a week shouldn't be in any game.

Evil Within just unlocked, and here I am leveling a hunter alt. This weird, frequently bad game must just happen to fit into some misshapen hole in my brain.

Korten

Banned
Wtf, my internet shit the bed, so I rebooted it. My laptop is fine now, but still not my PS4.

Destiny can't connect to servers, and Shadow of Mordor says there is no internet connection. Despite being able to see friends online...

Also able to get to the PSN store.

BadAss2961

Why is everyone freaking out? Just take a deep breath and remember HOW GOD DAMN BROKEN it is and that after 34% damage reduction it will still do...A SHIT TON of damage lol.
34% is A LOT.

I'm PvE by far, so i'll test it out tomorrow to see how viable it still is. That kind of damage nerf could make it a weapon that looks really cool but isn't really all that beastly.

Chitown B

Templar can be killed easily solo. Raid's design only requires teamwork because it is unlikely to be at two places at once. Teammates don't interact with each other, they're all playing solo at different parts of the map. On hard where you can't revive, this is totally true. Solo Nightfall is fun, and even then, Nightfall is only not shit because of the lack of damage spongy enemies. When you play solo, this game adjusts the damage to the point where it makes sense.

(B) -- It's part of the game's progression. It's levelling up. Raid gear you have one chance a week. I had to make another character because looking forward for a small chance of something once a week shouldn't be in any game.

I play with a clan and we use teamwork the whole time. We interact the whole time. Maybe you need a better group of people. How do you kill the Templar with one person (solo)? You need to have the shield, then shoot him with it, then drop it and shoot him? then pick it up? or are you using a different definition of "solo"?

Again I say, what happens once you reach 30? Looks like you're trying to find an excuse to be done with the game. Maybe you don't like it very much.

E92 M3

Because there was no need for a PVE adjustment - it's supposed to be a super weapon.

I have zero sympathy after having dealt with this Auto Rifle / Mythoclast nonsense. Let it all burn. Hopefully from here on out they put some effort into keeping things balanced.

PVP and PVE are two different experiences. Creativity and fun are more important than balance in PVE.

Can some one fill me in on what's been going on? What's all this talk with Deej? There's a patch coming? Man I can't wait for my computer to get fixed.... Microsoft customer support is an atrocity. Its absolutely ridiculous and disgraceful. Ugh i'm so pissed off at them right now....

Stillmatic

Do we know what's likely for the next weekly? I think all strikes have been done now right? So I guess it'll reset to the first seeing as DP can't happen.

An Exotic Weapon being powerful in PVE should be nerfed? Do tell how it's broken for PVE.
They're trying to balance these things for both PVE and PVP together. It should not be that way. All they had to do was not allow you to bring your equipment into PVP. Have AR, FR, Snipers, Rockets and Special Weapons in PVP but keep them separate. It makes it easier on them and on us in terms of the balance of everything.

All they're doing is nerfing weapons that people complain about being overpowered in PVP. Does the Suro need a nerf for PVE? No but they're going to nerf it next given the complaints about it for PVP.

A_Gorilla

Banned
I think I'm ready to attempt the raid for the first time on normal. Please, if anyone's willing to guide me through it. I'm a level 28 Sun Warlock on the PS4.

PSN ID: El Bombastico

I've been playing MMOs for more than a decade and it baffles me that in 2014 a company like Bungie doesn't realize that you have balance PvE and PvP separately and that you NEVER EVER balance things by nerfing something because it's OP in PvP and also tell the PvE players to go fuck themselves because it's nerfed for them too. What's even the point of PvE players doing the Hard raid anymore if the super-ultra-megaweapon you get from completing it is nerfed because all the PvP players cried about it?

I've said it a number of times in these OTs, but Bungie are increasingly hellbent on not learning any lessons from how online games are designed. There's something like 20 years of prior experience in how to design loot game, MMO, RPG-style leveling, etc. from many previous games and Bungie just doesn't have a clue and doesn't seem to give a shit. I'm stilll trying to figure out how you can be THIS CLUELESS in 2014 about how online game is designed.

Whaat? I thought I'd get bonus reputation for having the iron banner shader + emblem + towel. I was getting 30 before I hit rank 2, toweless. Now with the towel I'm getting 33 per win. God damn it.

I've mostly won IB games and I capped my weekly Crucible marks several games ago. How the hell is someone supposed to reach rank 3 in a week? Shit, you can't even do a few of the bounties (the easiest ones) until you reach rank 2. What a mess.

rdrr gnr

It goes beyond that. Whatever they are doing with their servers for PvE isn't translating to PvP. It's a laggy mess, not sometimes, but always. Design philosophies that make PvE fun and enjoyable make PvP a mess. They don't perfectly translate nor does the weapon normalization as the abilities still apply. I've said it before, it's as if Bungie has never made a game before. Their decisions absolutely defy logic and compound the fact the core game itself leaves so much to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom