• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighOnPCP

An Exotic Weapon being powerful in PVE should be nerfed? Do tell how it's broken for PVE.
They're trying to balance these things for both PVE and PVP together. It should not be that way. All they had to do was not allow you to bring your equipment into PVP. Have AR, FR, Snipers, Rockets and Special Weapons in PVP but keep them separate. It makes it easier on them and on us in terms of the balance of everything.

All they're doing is nerfing weapons that people complain about being overpowered in PVP. Does the Suro need a nerf for PVE? No but they're going to nerf it next given the complaints about it for PVP.

I was only talking about the PvP aspect. Them nerfing it in PvE too is bullshit, I agree.
But since PvP is the reason for the nerf I was referring only to that gamemode and in that gamemode that gun is BROKEN.

dengatron

Whaat? I thought I'd get bonus reputation for having the iron banner shader + emblem + towel. I was getting 30 before I hit rank 2, toweless. Now with the towel I'm getting 33 per win. God damn it.

I've mostly won IB games and I capped my weekly Crucible marks several games ago. How the hell is someone supposed to reach rank 3 in a week? Shit, you can't even do a few of the bounties (the easiest ones) until you reach rank 2. What a mess.
Ive been 3 for days. Did most of the bounties and won a ton of games. Being 3 doesnt get you much however

I was only talking about the PvP aspect. Them nerfing it in PvE too is bullshit, I agree.
But since PvP is the reason for the nerf I was referring only to that gamemode and in that gamemode that gun is BROKEN.
And nobody is disagreeing. Nobody has complained about the gun for PVE but Bungie wants to just slap a nerf on it for both. Pretty much applies to all their hot fixes.

Ive been 3 for days. Did most of the bounties and won a ton of games. Being 3 doesnt get you much however

That machine gun looks nice. Main thing is the bounties for wearing all the IB gear are locked behind level 2 and they're easy as shit. All the other bounties are pretty wacky.

HighOnPCP

And nobody is disagreeing. Nobody has complained about the gun for PVE but Bungie wants to just slap a nerf on it for both. Pretty much applies to all their hot fixes.

Yeah it sucks. I don't like where Destiny is going or at least where I think it's going.
Who knows maybe after the first 2 DLC expansions the game will feel that much better/more complete and balanced...maybe it'll be like 1 or 2 days worth of new missions strikes etc. and we're back at "zero" afterwards. Only time will tell I hope they make some good decisions in the future because I still love the game.

Are people actually able to get on and play? I've had this message all day:

ATTENTION!

You have lost connection to Destiny servers. your permissions to access multiplayer gameplay may have changed or your profile may have been signed in elsewhere.

For more information, visit help.bungie.net

Both of which are not the case. My PS+ is still good for another 1.5 years. I'm able to access the store, upload trophy data, and view friends.

Only thing I've noticed odd is that there's a red x to the left of my name when I go to my profile via the dashboard.

Edit: And of course mythoclast is getting a nerf before I even get it. Didn't even want it for PvP which I hardly have time to get to after the PvE bounties and activities.

Frenden

Banned
I just listened to half of the Guardian Radio podcast. Deej's speaking is as rambling and off-topic as his prose is self indulgent. That was painful. And I feel like I learned nothing.

Ken

whoever said crucible awards struggling players is probably on to something

isdMRM0czDsUu.jpg
irIrmwXIg9ttI.jpg

BreakJohn

oh man forget the mythoclast they just murdered the shotguns imo. i already felt like shotguns weren't all that great in PvE in fact i was hoping for some sort of buff! since to me they feel like a high risk/medium reward type of weapon at the moment. only to find out they were nerfed now because people find them overpowered in PvP.

oh man forget the mythoclast they just murdered the shotguns imo. i already felt like shotguns weren't all that great in PvE in fact i was hoping for some sort of buff! since to me they feel like a high risk/medium reward type of weapon at the moment. only to find out they were nerfed now because people find them overpowered in PvP.

Yeah they're already shit in PVE. Why didn't they just tone down the amount of damage per pellet in PVP? If it had to be shotgun + melee/2 shots for a kill at least that'd give you time to react.

SharkJAW

I don't mind the shotgun nerf PvP-wise. Every match was basically "how can I move around this map while staying out of shotgun range and keeping shotgunners in line of sight?" Shotgun + melee was a force to be reckoned with, too. It would still happen before you could attempt running away or realize what happened.

So my Warlock is at 29 and I'm currently leveling a Titan (at level 7 right now.)

I'm doing most of the leveling for this new Titan through PvP and I'm doing okay holy shit do I miss having the guns and abilities I'm used to. It's not even about missing the Warlocks specific abilities but man I just feel so...weak with this stripped down character. I've been too used to just mowing everything down.

Axis

So now I'm convinced that this game wants me to use a scout rifle for some reason.

Last night I got cryptic dragon from am engram and tonight I got mida multi - tool. It's cool that I've finally gotten an exotic weapon, but I would have much preferred it to be a hand canon.

Anyone ever use mida multi-tool, how is it?

HighOnPCP

Only got an ugly ship and 3 energies for atheon on hard.
Got atheon's epilogue, chatterwhite and THE LAST WORD for completing normal haha.
Ok.

Nobody ever used shotguns in PvE because all the bosses have mechanics where you instantly die if you get too close to them.

The Citadel.

After 100 hrs, i find a back rook that has this huge blue teleporter to a ship in the sky, the first i have seen this.

You can glitch your way up the elevator to a DLC area which isn't populated yet. But there are apparently 2 dead ghosts you can revive up there. I've meaning to check that place out awhile now.

DesertFox

Got my 27 Titan to the end of the nightfall and got one shot by a captain in the final area. Such fun, balanced gameplay.
Huh? You went into nightfall underleveled so you're taking extra damage already on top of 300% increased damage from all sources.

One shotted by a Captain sounds about right.

Paertan

Only time I use shotgun is Vault of Glass against Minotaurs. But only because I don't have a Void Fusion Rifle yet.

Very glad they buff Scout Rifle! I mostly use Hand Cannon or Scout Rifle so is a good hot fix for me.

Need to hurry and level up my Pocket Infinity so I can try it out with 8 bullets before that get nerfed. Still it will be a good Fusion Rifle.

Futaba

Updating with latest info:

PSA regarding unintended accessible ghosts.
Jovian Complex : 0
Seraphim vault : 1
Kings Watch : 2
The Dark Below : 0
The Terminus : 0

ZangBa

Huh? You went into nightfall underleveled so you're taking extra damage already on top of 300% increased damage from all sources.

One shotted by a Captain sounds about right.

Yeah, 1 level is so underleveled. I should expect to get one-shot because that's good design and very fun. Technically I was underleveled for the raid and didn't get one shot by anything on hard, or any other content in the game for that matter. Hell I was 3 levels under for some missions and did just fine with my friend. Nightfalls just suck, and they aren't fun.

Two Words

Yeah, 1 level is so underleveled. I should expect to get one-shot because that's good design and very fun. Technically I was underleveled for the raid and didn't get one shot by anything on hard, or any other content in the game for that matter. Hell I was 3 levels under for some missions and did just fine with my friend. Nightfalls just suck, and they aren't fun.
Elemental burns, man.....

joecanada

Anyone know if pulse rifle was affected by the patch? Was using bad seed down a lot but bought grim citizen... Now I'm thinking I better hang on to seed....

It gets better and goes by fast. I went from 18 to 23 today with my alt

Thanks. I seriously needed that encouragement lol

By the way, does anyone have Fate of All Fools? Is it even a real gun? I know it is supposedly a bounty gun but I've literally never seen anyone using it, let alone talking about it anywhere.

Futaba

thats the whole point of the burn properties, to ramp up the difficulty. hard mode raid doesnt have the same burn element applied so thats why theres a difference.

DesertFox

Ah, well if that's what your comment is about then I can understand. But they are intended to be unforgivingly difficult. 1 level in Nightfall is pretty huge though. The burn modifiers hurt even harder when you're even just 1 level under the content.

Haven't played hard mode raid, are any burn modifiers active? Edit: nvm I guess it doesn't

It goes beyond that. Whatever they are doing with their servers for PvE isn't translating to PvP. It's a laggy mess, not sometimes, but always. Design philosophies that make PvE fun and enjoyable make PvP a mess. They don't perfectly translate nor does the weapon normalization as the abilities still apply. I've said it before, it's as if Bungie has never made a game before. Their decisions absolutely defy logic and compound the fact the core game itself leaves so much to be desired.

Mhm.

I don't know why, just why they can't have a different balance set for PvP. Just keep the weapons as they are in PvE-Don't fucking nerf my Universal Remote- and nerf them for just PvP.

It's infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom