• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay23

Thanks. I seriously needed that encouragement lol

By the way, does anyone have Fate of All Fools? Is it even a real gun? I know it is supposedly a bounty gun but I've literally never seen anyone using it, let alone talking about it anywhere.

Theres 4 exotics that we haven't seen in the wild yet, probably dlc.

Fate of All Fools-Scout rifle
Necrochasm-AR
No Land Beyond-Sniper
Dragon's Breath-Rockets

cakely

Got my 27 Titan to the end of the nightfall and got one shot by a captain in the final area. Such fun, balanced gameplay.

You were soloing it underleveled? I don't think that was intended to be easy.

I did this weeks nightfall twice but I had two friends both times.

ZangBa

Ah, well if that's what your comment is about then I can understand. 1 level in Nightfall is pretty huge though. The burn modifiers hurt even harder when you're even just 1 level under the content.

Haven't played hard mode raid, are any burn modifiers active?

It doesn't have those modifiers. Regardless, no reason the raid, which is supposed to be the most difficult content in the game, is actually the most reasonable, whereas nightfalls just feel like one-shot fests. Even on my main character who is 30 has been one shot in nightfalls. The last thing they need to be adding to strikes is huge damage modifiers, why can't they impose some other restrictions like no auto-rifles allowed or something, at least then there would be variety.

You were soloing it underleveled? I don't think that was intended to be easy.

I did this weeks nightfall twice but I had two friends both times.

I like soloing nightfalls, I've been doing it for a few weeks now. I didn't ask for it to be easy, though, just reasonable. Nothing is reasonable about being one-shot.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Wow I've now been kicked 3 times, with 3 separate error messages, in 5 min. 12 pts away from ib rank 2. Reading the patch notes along with bungie's insistence on nerfs and killing player agency rather than content and bug fixes is really pushing me to take this back to gamestop. Their flippant hand waving for "dlc"(cut content) and pr isn't helping either.

raindoc

The Mythoclast will do 34% less damage after the hotfix right?
Why is everyone freaking out? Just take a deep breath and remember HOW GOD DAMN BROKEN it is and that after 34% damage reduction it will still do...A SHIT TON of damage lol.
you're kidding, right?

NastyBook

The Mythoclast will do 34% less damage after the hotfix right?
Why is everyone freaking out? Just take a deep breath and remember HOW GOD DAMN BROKEN it is and that after 34% damage reduction it will still do...A SHIT TON of damage lol.

Uhhh dude, we're talking about PVE, and in PVE without its massive damage my scout rifle outclasses it every step of the way. 34% damage reduction in PVE means -

Vision of Confluence Scout rifle - more ammo reserve, almost never run out of ammo, easier to get crits (100% perfect stability), does fire damage just like Mytho

Mythoclast - only thing it had going for it was more base damage, take 34% of that away, and it is now outclassed by VoC on every measure

My friends birthday started an hour ago. He already got a legendary gun drop and the cryptarch package had a legendary gun. Hmmm don't every rush and change their birthdays yet haha.

Milennia

I'm fine with the vex nerf as the precision buff is decent, didn't use it for raiding anyway.

The AR nerf I'm perfectly fine with too because I love them and they are still great.

Key2001

DesertFox

Uhhh dude, we're talking about PVE, and in PVE without its massive damage my scout rifle outclasses it every step of the way. 34% damage reduction in PVE means -

Vision of Confluence Scout rifle - more ammo reserve, almost never run out of ammo, easier to get crits (100% perfect stability), does fire damage just like Mytho

Mythoclast - only thing it had going for it was more base damage, take 34% of that away, and it is now outclassed by VoC on every measure
I need this weapon. Is it exotic or legendary, and does it drop from normal or hard mode? Any particular boss?

Mindlog

On my Warlock I can't decide between the raid helm which is great and Apotheosis Veil which has a touch more discipline. I'll definitely keep them both. The question is, 'Which one to shard first?'

Will probably meet some resistance with this, but Icebreaker needs a damage adjustment. Every time I bring up my special weapons my Patience and Time is just sitting there looking all sad. P&T can be a fun PvP tool. However, there are plenty of other non-exotics that can get the job done which frees up an exotic in the primary or heavy slot.
I need this weapon. Is it exotic or legendary, and does it drop from normal or hard mode? Any particular boss?
It drops from both normal and hard. I've seen it drop from bosses. Wouldn't be surprised if it's in the chests as well.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Exactly. Love this gun. Only thing I use.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It is a legendary that drops in both normal and hard. I like it, but it has less range than most other SRs.

I'm also a bit annoyed because the game gave me a second one. lol

Korosenai

Need two for Atheon hard mode, at least one warlock.

It resets in an hour, so if you want another chance at the mythoclast you better join!

Xbox One, message Korosenai.

It drops from Normal raid. Legendary, fire damage, primary slot weapon. I've got three copies of it now, one for each of my toons lol. Only one is upgraded max. The one on my Titan is at 50%, and the one on my Hunter is around 30%. It dropped off Aetheon once, but I can't remember where I got the other two. I'm pretty sure it can drop from the Templar fight too, probably other checkpoints as well. I think only Aethon's Epilogue is restricted to the boss man himself.

It's pretty much the most useful all-around weapon in the game IMHO.

JNA

Banned
Alright shoutout to Breakfuss for assisting me in getting the hard mode checkpoint :D.

Now I actually need help. I can't actually solo cheese Aethon because I'm only a Hunter so I was wondering if someone or some people can help me cheese hard mode Aethon here.

Any takers? 0_0

Lima

It drops from Normal raid. Legendary, fire damage, primary slot weapon. I've got three copies of it now, one for each of my toons lol. Only one is upgraded max. The one on my Titan is at 50%, and the one on my Hunter is around 30%.

It's pretty much the most useful all-around weapon in the game IMHO.

I did like it for solar burn missions like the nightfall two weeks ago but the thing was that the damage output from scout rifles was too low. There never was a single reason to pick them over a good hand cannon.

After that buff though the Vision and Mida Multi tool are gonna be godlike.

I did like it for solar burn missions like the nightfall two weeks ago but the thing was that the damage output from scout rifles was too low. There never was a single reason to pick them over a good hand cannon.

After that buff though the Vision and Mida Multi tool are gonna be godlike.

The reason was always the magazine size. I've never been a fan of hand cannons. You may be looking at damage per bullet, but you need to factor in rate of fire and how many times you're reloading in say, 50 shots.

I didn't actually sit down with a calculator and do the math, but my gut was just telling me that over the long haul I was putting out more damage more consistently with scout rifles than with hand cannons. They're also easier to aim with and get crits with at medium to long range. The muster test was doing any high-level content solo. I was soloing level 28 weekly heroics and nightfalls at level 26/27 using scout rifles. Hand cannons? Not so much. Auto rifles? Only if they were really good (suros, aethons), but then I was running out of ammo. Scout rifles are just bread and butter, all day every day.

Hell, they're basically semi-auto snipers (although much lower damage) with 5x the magazine size.

I've been using scouts PvE since day one and every time I try something else I always go back to them. If I could get a void and an arc damage primary slot legendary scout rifle like the VoC, I'd probably never need another weapon again since my Gjallarhorn pretty much one shots anything I wouldn't use them on, even on Hard mode raid.

I don't get why you rebalance PVE and PVP the same, it makes no sense to me. Bungie is singlehandedly making me want to just stop playing altogether with these incompetent decisions. Between that and two straight events that are loads of bullock's, I'm starting to lose significant interest in playing this game as the days go by. I honestly expected more from them.

malfcn

Hoped into a hard cheese group before bed.
Got a sparrow and another epilogue.

The last guy that joined for 2 minutes got a Vex.

Sergoes

Could go all emo and make a video to put on youtube of the patch notes followed by dismantling the weapon to sad music.

Hah I'm mostly joking about the whole trading part. To be honest, I could see opening up trading to be horrible. Already on destinylfg.net you see people trying to buy/sell Atheon kills. I would imagine this would extend quickly to items. Even an auction house could spoil the game horribly like vanilla Diablo 3. The only addition I could possibly see would be the ability to trade with people in your fireteam when something drops, but most things beyond that could be horribly exploited.

Paertan

Fantastic Scout Rifle. I have two of them. One unused in vaults since stats are identical but if I ever get tried of switching weapons between characters I will levle it up =)
It really makes the VoG easier.

And Wizards aint got shit on me no more in Strikes/Missions/etc

Proxy

Man fuck it. I would have to win 9 more games to hit rank three in Iron banner and that's not happening with these teams I get put on.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The exploding bike is pretty dumb. Especially since there's no cool down timer when you blow it up. I still wish I got some raid gear though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom