• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiiri

got proxima centauri ii from ranking up in vanguard. how is it compared to other scout rifles? with the buff to scout rifles I was thinking of maxing this one up since i'm sitting on quite a few ass energy.... but.... not if it sucks. lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I like the update

Except for the Pocket Infinity nerf. Don't quite understand why it's necessary
I have to assume it was being spammed in PVP. Or was until the Vex Myth was the rage.

Also, sorry I couldn't bring you in to the raid BTW, by the time PSN messages went through (it still lags like minutes for me), the party was full. :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there any point to leveling my weapons to 300 attack? I've done it with the weapons I use in hard mode raid but does it have any effect outside of the raid if I am level 29?

got proxima centauri ii from ranking up in vanguard. how is it compared to other scout rifles? with the buff to scout rifles I was thinking of maxing this one up since i'm sitting on quite a few ass energy.... but.... not if it sucks. lol.

I have one of those. The stability is pretty poor but it's range is forever and ever. It's a sniper rifle pretending to be a scout rifle. Mine's almost maxed as it was actually my first Legendary ever, I used it until I got Lord High Fixer and then Suros. I don't know if the scout buff will make me want to use it instead of Suros, but I might use it over Shadow Price when I'm using my Ice Breaker.

JayEH

Wow, so um my team didn't capture any control points for a couple of minutes and the Speaker got really angry. I've never heard him scream like that lol.

I have to assume it was being spammed in PVP. Or was until the Vex Myth was the rage.

Also, sorry I couldn't bring you in to the raid BTW, by the time PSN messages went through (it still lags like minutes for me), the party was full. :(

naw man you're good I ended up hitting up another group for a quick chz haha

Gonna do normal tomorrow if you want in! Yay for regular templar again

3185982.jpg

:(

squidyj

Help me understand the scout rifle changes

its a 6% base increase which seems pretty self explanatory

what, then, is damage vs combatants?

kaiiri

I have one of those. The stability is pretty poor but it's range is forever and ever. It's a sniper rifle pretending to be a scout rifle. Mine's almost maxed as it was actually my first Legendary ever, I used it until I got Lord High Fixer and then Suros. I don't know if the scout buff will make me want to use it instead of Suros, but I might use it over Shadow Price when I'm using my Ice Breaker.

exact same boat i'm in. I have suros maxed.. shadow price up to the ass energy upgrade... and like you said I also switch to shadow price when I switch to ice breaker. meh I guess it's worth a try if it's actually a pretty good scout rifle. thank ya sir for info!

commish

What trick would that be? I need to get the Invective Bounty, and need all the help I can get.

I believe that the best way to get exotic quests (as well as to improve your return on emblems) is to turn in at least 3 at once, and turn them in AS FAST AS YOU CAN. Mash the submit button. I've received over 15 exotic bounties so far...

kaiiri

I believe that the best way to get exotic quests (as well as to improve your return on emblems) is to turn in at least 3 at once, and turn them in AS FAST AS YOU CAN. Mash the submit button. I've received over 15 exotic bounties so far...

I second this method. I almost always turn in 3-5 bounties at a time and I've gotten the bounties like... 5 or 6x I think.

Trojan

Joke post or serious? If real, that's a fucking hilarious exploit that I'm going to try ASAP.

Obscured

Strange, I just got it tonight for the first time after 100+ hours after turning in one bounty. I have turned in several at once previously.

JNA

Banned
Much love to the people with me in hard mode cheese. It's a shame I got crap tho. Just a ship and a scout rifle I already have on my other character.

What a bunch of balls. :(

grimmiq

Much love to the people with me in hard mode cheese. It's a shame I got crap tho. Just a ship and a scout rifle I already have on my other character.

I'd give you my spare Mytho if I could XD Atleast you got the Trophy ;p

commish

Joke post or serious? If real, that's a fucking hilarious exploit that I'm going to try ASAP.

I've been saying it for a couple of weeks,so no joke post:p I dont' think it's any type of exploit at all. Just something I noticed. I also tend to get more motes of lights, strange coins, etc from emblems doing the same thing

grimmiq

Is nothing sacred, even if the trophy can be gained by just cheesing Atheon?

*shrug* Beat him legit before, it's not that hard if everyone is geared and communicates well..Though I was always on the portal team, no clue if the Suplicants are a lot harder ;p Legit Hard Mode for me was "Eat my Gyallerhorn bitches!" then stand in the bubble and shoot my Epilogue..

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II

I know those feels.. Heck, I'm still salty for getting crap for beating hard.

FyreWulff

The thing is, they could have patched it the day after if it was really that big of a deal to them. Letting it go for over a week means that a ton of groups have downed him using this method. I really think they're just going to consider it a creative use of game mechanics. They haven't denounced any cheesing so far in raids and strikes. If anything there could be a big outcry by players just getting to Atheon not having a shot at the same loot that cheesing players have had access to. My guess is that if it bothers Bungie, they'll factor this into future encounters, so that you can't knock off bosses in the next raid. Even then I'm sure people will keep finding ways to cheese bosses. I just wonder if they'll stick with a sit back approach and not patch them.

You just can't patch on console as fast as you can on PC.

There's stuff they can change fast, like what items give out and costs of stuff (soft settings), then there's stuff that just takes a while due to internal cert and console cert (patching geometry, "hard" settings)

And all 4 platforms have to update in sync or otherwise you get drama from the userbase or deployment issues

squidyj

whore ass piece of shit

they give you shit like "complete strikes without dying" and then allow the most bullshit

"killed by the architects" deaths out of fucking nowhere.

clearly the only way to succeed is to run level 8 devil's lair and hide in a fucking corner.

Trojan

I've been saying it for a couple of weeks,so no joke post:p I dont' think it's any type of exploit at all. Just something I noticed. I also tend to get more motes of lights, strange coins, etc from emblems doing the same thing

Wow, ok I am going to start doing this. I could use another Destiny ritual, like the order in which I turn in my Cryptarch engrams
and still get shafted

Ken

whore ass piece of shit

they give you shit like "complete strikes without dying" and then allow the most bullshit

"killed by the architects" deaths out of fucking nowhere.

clearly the only way to succeed is to run level 8 devil's lair and hide in a fucking corner.

isnt killed by the architects just a deej way of saying suicide

The range and impact is pretty damn high. First legendary I got. Test it out after the hotfix in Crucible then consider upgrading.

Ken

i killed myself by meleeing a legionairre lololol pls to tell me how.

the legionairre's girth was too much and you were sucked into his gravity field and died

it's the new "Killed by the Guardians"

except now it's also a pun because architects also refer to the map maker killing you

i've gotten killed by the architects when nova bombing an enemy too close to me so /shrug

le.phat

Because there was no need for a PVE adjustment - it's supposed to be a super wepon.

No its not. Its just another exotic, no reason to stand above the other exotics by a margin that wide. It should be rare, yes. But the hard raid is not hard enough to warrant such an OP weapon in the first place.

I did the raid with my alternate the other night with some randoms that I helped out during patrol. We got to Atheon but it was too late so we never finished. I feel like I should try to get it done before the reset. Anyone up for killing Atheon real quick? I'm a level 29 sun singer. PSN ck716

I don't have much experience using the relic btw.

FyreWulff

i've gotten killed by the architects when nova bombing an enemy too close to me so /shrug

You could get Guardians killed in similar situations in Halo (ie not falling off the map), it's basically engine shorthand for "i'm not sure what killed you, so i don't have a string to show. GUARDIANS"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom