• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

No chance. In the very first raid stream I saw on the first night the guys all grouped up on that far left platform and took his shield down from there in relative safety. All those platforms are there by design, not chance.

So again, my question is why would the designers put that there when it clearly breaks a big part of the fight? And why would they then patch it out?

Either it's bad testing, which has happened in every MMO and almost every online game since the dawn of time, or it's some weird conspiracy which doesn't really make sense.

Seriously, you would be amazed at the amount of stupidly obvious things that have been missed in encounter design in previous games. Some even more dumb than this.

(Heck, Ragnaros on WoW was bugged at launch so that after you wiped on him once, he then stopped using one of his main abilities. You didn't have to do anything, he just stopped using it after you all died once. How on EARTH that got past testers is beyond me, but it wasn't deliberate either and end up being patched out)

Futaba

i would enjoy your write up. i explored some of these areas with friends earlier today. will post some pics later too.

might try to get into dusk warrens too.

Added a video for that area, add me sometime, glitching is fun :p - psn Nevada

I would love to have that one, full auto with solar burn? rad.

The raid only gave me ass shards and chatterwhites so far...

Yep, once it's upgraded it's really cool. Full auto loses a bit of precision if you choose to have higher impact, but it's still very accurate. The rate of fire is still slower than the upgraded Suros and until now it had overall lower damage (need to see after hotfix), but I fucking melt wizards now. Those fuckers at level 28 used to be really annoying before I had this SR.

My other raid rewards so far were Chatterwhite, Glass Minuet (ship) and ass shards. I'm still amazed I got Vision of Confluence considering that after playing for over 80 hours I still haven't gotten a single exotic drop. All exotics I have I had to purchase with my hard earned coins.

Last weekend I even gambled on the exotic engram Xur was selling for motes. Got a Hunter helmet. I'm a Warlock...

WITHE1982

Accessing these areas:

Jovian Complex :
Jovial complex can be accessed using the sparrow spawn glitch, access is granted by going to the sky watch area, and just to the left of the original engram cave is a hive nest, at the very bottom of that cave you will load in to "jovian complex", what you need to do is not turn the last corner but instead jump on the box by the left wall, spawn your sparrow and glitch through the wall in to the area. Video on how is here

Seraphim vault : Seraphim vault can be accessed through a series of particular jumps done after glitching through terrain volume, it's a much more complicated process so i would advise simply watching the video demonstration.

Kings Watch : Again, much like Seraphim vault the kings watch area is a bit of a pain to access and much more of a pain to describe, video can be found here.

The Dark Below : This area can be accessed by playing through the black garden mission, upon defeating the defenders at the warp gate, jump on your sparrow and ride it through, you will come out the other side still riding the sparrow - you simply need to ride it from the entrance all the way to the blocking volume later on in the level, and ride on through, video demo here. (Video isn't mine)

The Terminus : This last area, as many will remember, is accessible through the large pillar of light on Venus that has a force field around it, to simply a much more intricate reality, you climb up the left wall and jump towards the light lift, completely bypassing the forcefield blocking volume and get dragged up to the new area, video is here. (again, not my video).

Dusk Warrens : Another area accessible, this time from the moon map - video of how to access it is here.

If anyone finds this particularly interesting, I may be convinced to post a write up on my raid map findings too.

Great stuff. I love anything like this. I may try and access a few tonight if I manage the weekly and nightfall pretty quickly. Keep up the good work.

I ain't even mad about void burn again. I've been working on my Atheon's Epilogue because I wanted the Oracle bonus for raiding this week. Just about to hit it. Maybe need 1 more bounty.

That strike without arc burn is gonna be so much easier than last time.

jetsetrez

Got another exotic weapon bounty, Pocket Infinity or Super Good Advice? SGA sounds like a lot easier to get, but which is better?

Also, man, what a rush. Just finished a dozen strikes in a row to get the Vanguard marks achievement just before the reset. What a close one! :D

Jaeyden

Fucking hell. I spent the weekend fully leveling a Shadow Price and Atheon's Epilogue and then they go and nerf AR damage. SMH. I knew a nerf was coming but they never said it was damage that was the issue. They specifically said AR range was the problem, but they nerf damage and stability instead? As someone who could give two shits about PvP this sucks. Why are PvE players punished for the problems in PvP?

Added a video for that area, add me sometime, glitching is fun :p - psn Nevada

will do

do you know how to get back to the beginning of old russia? i made it passed the first gate with my sparrow but there's another gate :(

pic related
xuFxLoX.jpg

SgtCobra

I need a new auto rifle, what's the best one? (For PvE AND PvP)

Got another exotic weapon bounty, Pocket Infinity or Super Good Advice? SGA sounds like a lot easier to get, but which is better?
Imo the Pocket Infinity is better, but the SGA is very doable compared to it.

Yep, once it's upgraded it's really cool. Full auto loses a bit of precision if you choose to have higher impact, but it's still very accurate. The rate of fire is still slower than the upgraded Suros and until now it had overall lower damage (need to see after hotfix), but I fucking melt wizards now. Those fuckers at level 28 used to be really annoying before I had this SR.

My other raid rewards so far were Chatterwhite, Glass Minuet (ship) and ass shards. I'm still amazed I got Vision of Confluence considering that after playing for over 80 hours I still haven't gotten a single exotic drop. All exotics I have I had to purchase with my hard earned coins.

Last weekend I even gambled on the exotic engram Xur was selling for motes. Got a Hunter helmet. I'm a Warlock...

If only trades where possible, I got a warlock helmet and I'm a hunter :lol.

The full-auto perk VoC has is really nice, but sometimes it stops firing when the trigger is held, and I have to re-press it. Maybe a lag issue? I haven't noticed anything similar with other full-auto weapons.

ocean

Banned
Looking for 28 Weekly, Nightfall and/or 28 Daily. a_javierp on PS4.

I've been working so much on my alt that my Titan's getting jealous. Reset means it's his turn again :)

Footos22

Finished the raid on hard last night with a few gaffers.
Wanted to get it done so stayed up till 3,30 am. lol
Fuck having to deal with the oracles and templar legit on hard mode.

Our oracle cheese made it the easiest section in the whole raid.. Not gonna happen anymore after not being able to stay on the sniper platforms. same goes for the templar.

We did the gatekeepers and Atheon legit though.

I got quite the haul.

Fatebringer, Verdict, Raid gloves (although i only need the chest) legendary sparrow and i was the only one to get the mythoclast. now its getting nerfed to hell lol. Didnt even get to test the badboy out.

Fitts

Is this the week where I finally get the Last Word? Nightfall and Hard Raid, here I come!

Had a friend get the Last Word as a raid drop last night. It's awesome and I still want it, but now I need to be the first of my friends to get the Hawkmoon.

Good luck!

If only trades where possible, I got a warlock helmet and I'm a hunter :lol.

The full-auto perk VoC has is really nice, but sometimes it stops firing when the trigger is held, and I have to re-press it. Maybe a lag issue? I haven't noticed anything similar with other full-auto weapons.

I wish we could have traded them. Since that's not a possibility, I just dismantled it and the ridiculously few 3 ass shards it gave me allowed me to finish fully upgrading my Voidfang Vestments.

And I have that same issue with VoC on occasion. It happened ever since I upgraded to full auto, but since my R2 trigger broke last Sunday I thought it was just my controller showing signs of problems. If you also have the same issue I'm thinking it might be a bug.

And I had a controller brake on me for the first time in over 20 years of gaming while playing this game. I was just shooting when I noticed the trigger wouldn't return to the rest position. Never mistreated any controller, never thrown it or dropped it. I'm really careful with my gear (too much according to people who know me). Sure glad it didn't happen during the raid last Friday LOL

SkylineRKR

lmao sick at home so did Nightfall.

Atheon's a beast yet again.

Praedyth unupgraded did like 4k on the DW legs.

Void RL made short work of mobs too.

Shito

How was the "three waves of enemies" section? It's probably the only difficult bit of the strike.
Yeah, I use this strike for the easy "don't die in a strike" bounty, and it's always the only section where I'm a bit nervous / about to die from time to time if I'm not really careful.

Key2001

How was the "three waves of enemies" section? It's probably the only difficult bit of the strike.

Just head over to the hive area and just pick stuff off without. They will shot at you but there is plenty of cover and nothing will run up to you to attack you.

Also damage seems lower than previous Nightfalls. I was able to take some hits from Sepkis Prime, Devil Walker (probably not the laser though) and Captains without any problems.

Footos22

Is this the week where I finally get the Last Word? Nightfall and Hard Raid, here I come!

I got 2 in the last week. One for finishing the raid on normal and one for the nightfall.

Its great even as standard lol

Think im done with this character now.
Dont wanna get him to 30 as i dont really like the look of the raid chest armour compared to this one. only a tiny bit of defense difference anyway.

Mythoclast
Hard light
Fate bringer
last word
light/beware
comedian
verdict
icebreaker
the culling
truth

Rngesus is my best friend.

Status