• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two ascendant shards from that daily heroic. One of the easier ones in a long time.

Need to get the Weekly Heroics and Nightfall on both of my characters, a lvl 29 Defender Titan and a lvl 27 Sunsinger Warlock. Too bad Flatulator's not online. :'(

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone on PS4 needs someone for the Nightfall, add me: ultrajari

Level 28 warlock

Sojgat

Starting to get really sick of semi-auto/burst fire weapons jamming when they have a full auto upgrade. Seems to only happen in PvP.

Is this a lag issue or is my controller worn out?

welp, solo'd it on my alt as well and got ass shards. looks like this week's nightfall haul is a gun everybody already bought 3 weeks ago.

oh well. the only content that still drops a weapon i'll actually use is the templar.

Zakalwe

Banned
Well, Invective isn't that much better than The Comedian that I'd say it's worth spending the exotic space for it. And yes, also partially depending on damage type use.

Inective is brutal if you can control the full auto. A double tap is also incredibly effective.

When I use the Invective I use it as a primary and build around it, the Comedian (I have a dropped version with slightly different stats) I use as a back up cqc weapon/panic button.

Two different shotguns for different situations imo. I think the Invective has enough of an edge to want to put it in the exotic slot if you want to run a shotgun as a primary though.

Key2001

Starting to get really sick of semi-auto/burst fire weapons jamming when they have a full auto upgrade. Seems to only happen in PvP.

Is this a lag issue or is my controller worn out?

My Pulse Rifle with the Full Auto upgrade does this all of the time in PVE. I haven't tested it in PVP since I don't play PVP much.

It is the only weapon I have with the upgrade and was thinking that perhaps some upgrades clash with it. For example, my Pulse Rifle also has the Secret Round (Missing a shot from this weapon's burst will fire a fourth shot) upgrade.

hitlerat

Hey guys...

I´m a warlock 27 (with a Sun Breakers full upgraded, and all others ordinary legendaries)
Should I upgrade my others legendaries or try to get others in raid? I never tried that, but I´ll try this week if I find a group!

ocean

Banned
Hey guys...

I´m a warlock 27 (with a Sun Breakers full upgraded, and all others ordinary legendaries)
Should I upgrade my others legendaries or try to get others in raid? I never tried that, but I´ll try this week if I find a group!
The Raid is a lot easier at 28 since you can deal full damage. If you don't want to play Hard Raid, don't use any shards beyond those required to hit 28 until you get Raid gear.

Carn82

go to the green cave at the back of the room. lots of cover and you can see almost all the enemies as they spill into the room. take out the snipers before you mop up the other adds.

Ah, yes, makes sense. That already was my goto destination when in trouble, heh

Sojgat

My Pulse Rifle with the Full Auto upgrade does this all of the time in PVE. I haven't tested it in PVP since I don't play PVP much.

It is the only weapon I have with the upgrade and was thinking that perhaps some upgrades clash with it. For example, my Pulse Rifle also has the Secret Round (Missing a shot from this weapon's burst will fire a fourth shot) upgrade.

Bad JUJU, Invective, and Invisible Hand all do it constantly for me. I've stopped relying on the full auto function, and just pump the trigger.

pringles

Hey guys...

You should be able to upgrade those legendaries without shards to get you to 28. Maybe you need one shard upgrade on a legendary too, I'm not sure. Being 28 makes the raid a lot easier though so I would aim to get there but using as few shards as possible on non-raid/exotic gear.

Hey guys...

I also had all legendary armor. In order to reach level 28, I had to full upgrade my gauntlets and chest armor. I upgraded my helmet and legs without using ass shards. But it could be different for you.

E92 M3

I woke up and still mad lol. How can a smart studio like Bungie not realize that balancing for PVE and PVP are two different things? And with that said, having more OP weapons is a lot better than having 1 useful weapon. Don't nerf, buff. Make everything viable! I've been saying this since Halo 3 - but they won't change their methods.

Are we still blaming:

1323092-untitled_1.jpg

?

Zakalwe

Banned
I woke up and still mad lol. How can a smart studio like Bungie not realize that balancing for PVE and PVP are two different things? And with that said, having more OP weapons is a lot better than having 1 useful weapon. Don't nerf, buff. Make everything viable! I've been saying this since Halo 3 - but they won't change their methods.

Are we still blaming:

1323092-untitled_1.jpg

?

They can't just buff or kill times would be stupid. Nerfing is fine if done right.

Has the balance patch hit yet?

E92 M3

They can't just buff or kill times would be stupid. Nerfing is fine if done right.

Has the balance patch hit yet?

No patch yet. What I meant was to not touch cuurent weapons, but buff the weaker ones. If everything is good, then everything be will used.

Ultimately, they just need to stop balancing for both modes and let pve people have some cool shit.

Can't acess bungle on the phone. Internet is down here. Anyone kind enough to paste te patch note ?

Summary
The most recent hotfix (1.0.2.2) for Destiny goes live on October 14th. This hotfix includes a number of changes to weapon balance across archetypes (e.g., lowering Auto Rifle effectiveness and increasing Scout Rifle damage output), specific weapons (Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity) and includes a number of fixes to issues with the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass.

We're still working on a larger update which will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance.

General
Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance

Classes
Titan
Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended
Warlock
Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne

Weapons
General
Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping
Auto Rifles
Base Damage decreased by 2%
Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)
Hand Cannons
In-air accuracy now increased
Scout Rifles
Base damage increased by 6%
Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
Shotguns
Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
Exotic Weapons
Vex Mythoclast
Base Damage decreased by 34%
Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
Pocket Infinity
Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk
Perks
Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed

Activities
Strikes
Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary
Raid - Vault of Glass
Templar Encounter
Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Destinations
The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan
tada

Deku Tree

The whole point of working your butt off to get an exotic is to have a huge OP gun in PvE. Why can't Bungie just normalize all stats for similar guns in PvP to make things fair? Make all Blues, Greens, Purples, and yellows of the same type behave exactly the same. Upgrades don't count either. And then leave PvE guns OP plz.

amar212

This, 100000X

TTK is the BEST THING in Destiny PvP. BEST. If they ever change it, it will become new COD and that will be a sad day for me.

TTK should stay the same, or even be prolonged for additional bullet, whatever. But I agree about nerfing. Everything that benefits the TTK stays like it is - is excellent.

pringles

Bungie will never make everyone happy. But this patch seems to adress most of the imbalance issues people have had. OP autorifles, UP scouts, crazy OP Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity.. what's not to like there? Will hopefully reduce ARs dominance, even though I love them myself.

Fixing the cheese spots against Templar is also good. I played with a group that insisted on cheesing him despite the ordinary way being just as easy and way more fun.

Solo'd the last part for the Thorn exotic bounty. Took me over an hour to finish but used IB and stayed in that last room until Xyor showed up.

Bungie will never make everyone happy. But this patch seems to adress most of the imbalance issues people have had. OP autorifles, UP scouts, crazy OP Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity.. what's not to like there? Will hopefully reduce ARs dominance, even though I love them myself.

Fixing the cheese spots against Templar is also good. I played with a group that insisted on cheesing him despite the ordinary way being just as easy and way more fun.

Pocket Infinity was fine for PVE. :'(

E92 M3

The whole point of working your butt off to get an exotic is to have a huge OP gun in PvE. Why can't Bungie just normalize all stats for similar guns in PvP to make things fair? Make all Blues, Greens, Purples, and yellows of the same type behave exactly the same. Upgrades don't count either. And then leave PvE guns OP plz.

Exactly! What the fuck is the point of doing the most difficult content when the rewards get nerfed? It's crazy how a group of professionals do not understand such a simple matter. I am sure because the studio is so large decisions there is a lot of misinformation or communication going about them. No way no one noticed that making EXOTIC PVE weapons useless was a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom