• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLBridges

Just soloed the Nightfall. Went way easier than I expected, only died twice but thank goodness for the sunsinger lol. Got Light/Beware Legendary fusion rifle...I already had it in my inventory, thanks Bungie lol! Oh well, at least the extra xp right off the bat will be nice.

Didn't get to be Atheon on Hard raid but did beat gatekeepers and got Praedyth's timepiece. It's a pulse rifle with Arc damage, so that'll come in handy on some fights. Can't get to sleep, so guess I'll run some Vanguard tiger till my body resets.

Nuszka

I got 2 in the last week. One for finishing the raid on normal and one for the nightfall.

Its great even as standard lol

Think im done with this character now.
Dont wanna get him to 30 as i dont really like the look of the raid chest armour compared to this one. only a tiny bit of defense difference anyway.

Mythoclast
Hard light
Fate bringer
last word
light/beware
comedian
verdict
icebreaker
the culling
truth

Rngesus is my best friend.

Yeah i know what you mean, lvl 30 in this game seems just like an pursuit just for that number , where i have some 30 lvl friends on my list their stats are all over the place not even complementing their play or usage of ability style, they just wear that ugly ass armour for the additional 60 points in defense.

Footos22

Yeah i know what you mean, lvl 30 in this game seems just like an pursuit just for that number , where i have some 30 lvl friends on my list their stats are all over the place not even complementing their play or usage of ability style, they just wear that ugly ass armour for the additional 60 points in defense.

That and everyone would look the same.
Should let you shader different parts of your armour and not just the entire outfit.

Yeah, I use this strike for the easy "don't die in a strike" bounty, and it's always the only section where I'm a bit nervous / about to die from time to time if I'm not really careful.

When I die in this strike it's because I got distracted by something and the walker hits me with its side cannon sequential shots lol

kaiiri

Just soloed the Nightfall. Went way easier than I expected, only died twice but thank goodness for the sunsinger lol. Got Light/Beware Legendary fusion rifle...I already had it in my inventory, thanks Bungie lol! Oh well, at least the extra xp right off the bat will be nice.

Didn't get to be Atheon on Hard raid but did beat gatekeepers and got Praedyth's timepiece. It's a pulse rifle with Arc damage, so that'll come in handy on some fights. Can't get to sleep, so guess I'll run some Vanguard tiger till my body resets.

so what's the strategy with this one? last week it was super easy to solo with ice breaker and all (and you can just snipe from the other side of the map) ... but without a good void weapon seems like it'll still be hard solo-wise. = /

cjp

I just finished soloing it. It was far easier than I was expecting.

How do I deal with Prime?

I've reached this far and I don't want to fuck it up now. I'm only 27 so everything nearly one shots me.

No void weapons apart from a rocket launcher.

Ken

I got 2 in the last week. One for finishing the raid on normal and one for the nightfall.

Dont wanna get him to 30 as i dont really like the look of the raid chest armour compared to this one. only a tiny bit of defense difference anyway.

Mythoclast
Hard light
Fate bringer
last word
light/beware
comedian
verdict
icebreaker
the culling
truth

what chest piece and dye is that?

CLBridges

I've reached this far and I don't want to fuck it up now. I'm only 27 so everything nearly one shots me.

For Prime, there's the room to the left once you enter the arena. Once you go in there, no enemies will spawn there or go in there. Since juggler is on, just pick off the enemies from there behind the window and collect ammo when mobs are down. You have to come out of the room slightly to bait Sepiks into shooting range, then go back into the room and shoot it from there. Rinse and repeat until dead.

easy as hell. sepiks is really the only one you have to worry about as he does void damage. should have been arc burn.
sQJlKdQ.jpg

an9Nst0.jpg

thanks for the suros, bungie!

/s

Key2001

I just stayed in the area where the door opens at right. I had to still kill the adds since they would run up to me and attack but my Legendary Void Machine Gun easily killed everything in seconds (including the Captains).

Mythoclast
Hard light
Fate bringer
last word
light/beware
comedian
verdict
icebreaker
the culling
truth

200_s.gif

I despise you...

(not really, but you're unbelievably lucky lol)

Ken

No shader
Eclipse Maw VI
Bought from warlock vanguard. 60 marks i think. might of been more cant remember, had it a while not found anything better yet

o i just like the look of it a lot. i have the legendary FWC chest but it looks super nerdy and dumb with the Light Beyond whatever helmet

Tekku

Oh, I thought the hotfix was live because a lot of people were commenting on their weapons. But it doesn't seem like it's gone live yet. My Pocket Infinity is still the same.

MrMuscle

Oh, I thought the hotfix was live because a lot of people were commenting on their weapons. But it doesn't seem like it's gone live yet. My Pocket Infinity is still the same.

Patches usually go live when Bungie wakes up, so maybe in 7-8 hours or something.

Yeah, I use this strike for the easy "don't die in a strike" bounty, and it's always the only section where I'm a bit nervous / about to die from time to time if I'm not really careful.

Yeah I used to do this too, but it's far too easy to die to that devil walker if you fuck up a little. Hence why I do the summoning pits for that bounty now. So so so much easier and quicker

since the first hotfix about the engrams, I have not seen more than ONE legendary engram!

before the fix, I saw at least 2-4 in a week.

Levelling up the cryptarch used to always give 2 legendary engrams at the post office, since the fix, I am getting 2 blues and IF lucky 1 legendary that turns into a blue......

kuppy

pic related
xuFxLoX.jpg
Oh, I saw more of those images in a previous thread.

How do you take such screenshots without UI and from behind?

Edit: Okay, can't test it by myself right now, but it seems to be when you hit pause and Nav at the same time or very quickly. And since it's in third person I suppose before that you also do a pose. Gonna try that tonight, because the result is pretty rad.

Another Nightfall, another legendary to dismantle.

Every exotic I've gotten in this game, except two, have either been from a bounty or from Xur. And the two I did get from a engram and Nightfall reward, were two Exotics I already owned from Xur.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I have these exotics, but NOTHING beats getting an exotic from a random drop/reward.

Lakitu

st5fu
Got an Exotic Warlock helm 'Light Beyond Nemesis', for a class I don't run after soloing the Nightfall. I really wish this game had trading.

BTW, don't you like either of the exotic chest pieces? If you don't like the look of the raid chest, you could use one of the exotics and the raid helm. That way you could get to 30.

Key2001

Got an Exotic Warlock helm 'Light Beyond Nemesis', for a class I don't run after soloing the Nightfall. I really wish this game had trading.

I got my 3rd Unfriendly Giant Rocket Launcher (my 10th Legendary Heavy Weapon). I have yet to get anything useful from Nightfall.

Anybody want to do that nightfall with me? PS4, Kean Burke , level 30 Titan with Aethion's Epilogue. I want to do this before the gun gets nerfed. Add me if interested

kaiiri

Anybody want to do that nightfall with me? PS4, Kean Burke , level 30 Titan with Aethion's Epilogue. I want to do this before the gun gets nerfed. Add me if interested

damn wish I was home right now! .. i'll need to find someone with aethion's epilogue to maybe carry me through later! XD

cjp

For Prime, there's the room to the left once you enter the arena. Once you go in there, no enemies will spawn there or go in there. Since juggler is on, just pick off the enemies from there behind the window and collect ammo when mobs are down. You have to come out of the room slightly to bait Sepiks into shooting range, then go back into the room and shoot it from there. Rinse and repeat until dead.

I just stayed in the area where the door opens at right. I had to still kill the adds since they would run up to me and attack but my Legendary Void Machine Gun easily killed everything in seconds (including the Captains).

Thanks guys, worked great. Got a legendary pulse rifle, The Conduit.

Anyone know if it's any good? Might be useful seeing as ARs are getting nerfed.

Footos22

BTW, don't you like either of the exotic chest pieces? If you don't like the look of the raid chest, you could use one of the exotics and the raid helm. That way you could get to 30.

Nope. almost bought voidfnag vestments off of xur but still need a helmet drop anyway.
but even that looks like a dress.

Zakalwe

Banned
Damn, I wanted it badly. Got the Truth rocket launcher meh.

At this point I would prefer it too. My friend got 9 shards last week. I got a Judgement IV with worse stats than the Judgement IV I already don't ever use.
A Hawkmoon or a Gjallarhorn I'd be cool about.

Wow, hot fix for 10/14 is so bad. Literally the only good thing is buff to scout rifles. Bungie really is "no fun allowed".

The weapon balances are potentially good for the game. Let's wait and see how they actually play before we rage about them.

Raid exploits are bad for the game. Period. You shouldn't be able to get the prestigious gear without putting the proper effort in. Prestige is important in loot games, if everyone manages to get the hard mode gear with no effort then the accomplishment is lessened for those who put the proper effort in.

The problem is that loot is tied to rng as I reasoned here, so after your first HM run grinding for gear in the hardest content in the game via rng is just terrbile design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom