• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, how do you guys deal with seperate inventories over different characters? Do you keep stuff like Shards and Energy on one character, store 'em in the vault for all to use, or just have each keep his own seperate inventory?

Said it before will say it again with the fact you can replace the raid helm with an exotic for the same light level to hit 30 and the fact that the mythoclast will be arguably worse than suros. There is ZERO reason to run hard mode other than double loots and epeen.

Bungie will never make everyone happy. But this patch seems to adress most of the imbalance issues people have had. OP autorifles, UP scouts, crazy OP Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity.. what's not to like there? Will hopefully reduce ARs dominance, even though I love them myself.

Fixing the cheese spots against Templar is also good. I played with a group that insisted on cheesing him despite the ordinary way being just as easy and way more fun.
Pocket infinity wasn't even that bad. Though the nerf doesn't really affect me in pvp as I used the stability upgrade. But I used the larger clip in pve, so that's disappointing

Zakalwe

Banned
No patch yet. What I meant was to not touch cuurent weapons, but buff the weaker ones. If everything is good, then everything be will used.

Ultimately, they just need to stop balancing for both modes and let pve people have some cool shit.

What I means is if they just buff everything then kill times will be too fast. The Regime and Mythoclast kileld things too quickly in a game where time to kill is already pretty low.

So buffing everything to the level of the best weapons is not a good idea.

NastyBook

ibau6cw8pKxUuv.jpg

I don't know, Hunters... Feeling pretty fucking Frabjous right about now.

How do you do the tripmine section solo on nightfall?

mesh layer: sit by the green cave at the far end, kill snipers before you kill the adds. at least one void weapon to take out shielded enemies

devil walker: again, kill the 4 snipers and then shoot the devil walker's arc cannon off. doesn't matter which side you're on but if you go left you have to kill adds. once they're dead, shoot the devil walker while dodging the main turret until he goes down. rinse and repeat.

sepiks: stay in the entrance and kill everything from here, taking care to watch the 3 fallen captains that will charge at you. a void rocket makes short work of them.

15 minutes average time and you're done.

Zakalwe

Banned
mesh layer: sit by the green cave at the far end, kill snipers before you kill the adds. at least one void weapon to take out shielded enemies

devil walker: again, kill the 4 snipers and then shoot the devil walker's arc cannon off. then shoot devil walker while dodging the main turret until he goes down. rinse and repeat.

sepiks: stay in the hallway and kill everything from here, taking care to watch the 3 fallen captains that will charge at you. a void rocket makes short work of them.

Exactly this.

Meanwhile, the Titan armor sets are still incredibly disappointing.

God they are aren't they! As a Warlock only player i've never really looked too much into the Hunter or Titan armors/equip. Raiding with a few Titans the other day and was really shocked at all the disgusting "elite" legendary and exotic armor. Makes Master Chief look like his Spartan armor was built by Versace.

oh, and don't hit yourself in the face with a rocket. i had to start over after that.

i think i've died from my own explosives more than the AI recently.

Really wish I could get the God of War shader. Is it particularly rare or something?

I've received the 18237496-64703388 shader about 7 times. Really want the God of War one already.

I always get a bit overwhelmed up there, not as many opportunities to pop out, too much time in cover, etc...

I may just be too cautious though.

it's not a great spot to be honest. you don't have much cover and they can throw grenades up there. you also have a wider field of view which makes it easier for the AI to shoot you from multiple angles. the green cave funnels everything into a narrower area and you have some breathing room to move around and seek cover appropriately. grenades rarely reach you and you can kill everything before they get close.

the first week nightfall was up this strike had arc burn. that was difficult because all the fallen were threats and so was the devil walker's arc cannon. this is just a matter of precise and consistent dps on the adds and using cover when necessary. sepiks is the only enemy that took my health down to red because i was generously popping out of cover to hit him.

Haines

Banned
I can't figure the lifew of me why anybody cares about the strength of guns in pve.

Its already far too easy to wreck face and I'm not fully upgraded

excowboy

Sooo... is anyone playing on 360, who hasn't tackled the raid, and would like to do so fresh i.e. without following a guide/cheesing?
Thought not :(

th4tguy

Been lvl 28 for over two weeks now. Did my first nightfall by jumping into shockleeto's game while soloing it. Downed the devil walker and the floaty eye thing with little problem. Recieved thunderfurry for my efforts.

pringles

Exactly! What the fuck is the point of doing the most difficult content when the rewards get nerfed? It's crazy how a group of professionals do not understand such a simple matter. I am sure because the studio is so large decisions there is a lot of misinformation or communication going about them. No way no one noticed that making EXOTIC PVE weapons useless was a good idea.

Said it before will say it again with the fact you can replace the raid helm with an exotic for the same light level to hit 30 and the fact that the mythoclast will be arguably worse than suros. There is ZERO reason to run hard mode other than double loots and epeen.
Doesn't seem like Pocket Infinity will get much of a nerf and the mythoclast will probably still be awesome.

EL CUCO

devil walker: again, kill the 4 snipers and then shoot the devil walker's arc cannon off. doesn't matter which side you're on but if you go left you have to kill adds. once they're dead, shoot the devil walker while dodging the main turret until he goes down. rinse and repeat.

sepiks: stay in the entrance and kill everything from here, taking care to watch the 3 fallen captains that will charge at you. a void rocket makes short work of them.

If you go to the little room on the left, you never have to deal with fallen captains. Only a couple Shanks and some dregs, occasionally.

Magik

Looking to party up for the nightfall, weekly or daily

Psn ps4 x_Magik_ox level 27 warlock

Send invite or join progress

I can't figure the lifew of me why anybody cares about the strength of guns in pve.

Its already far too easy to wreck face and I'm not fully upgraded

I don't have any weapons I care about getting nerfed personally, but I can think of a couple obvious reasons.

1) It's fun to be over powered and wreck shit sometimes.
2) People have worked/played their asses off to get some of these weapons and then they nerf them? After doing all the work to get them, that's bullshit.

We all got exotics at the end of that Nightfall.

Ended up with a Hard Light. Not sure how to feel with the impending nerf. Gonna run one more Nightfall, pls be exotic hand cannon.

E92 M3

Doesn't seem like Pocket Infinity will get much of a nerf and the mythoclast will probably still be awesome.

To be honest, I never used the 8-shot perk for PI. The stability is better. In regards to the Mytho: It'll be as good as any top-tier legendary now. Nothing worth the hard raid.

Nodnol

If you go to the little room on the left, you never have to deal with fallen captains. Only a couple Shanks and some dregs, occasionally.

For clarification, you mean the room with the staircase?

Also, when people are tackling the three waves with the mesh layers, are you all going down towards where the Hive spawn? I've always jumped up above onto to balcony and sniped, but it's easy to get caught out by a Stealth Vandal jumping up. In dozens of runs of the strike, I've never gone down towards where the Hive spawn so I don't know what's down there.

th4tguy

How are scout rifles handling in pvp now? I have a almost fully upgraded one and still using shingen for AR. Was going to buy grim citizen iii today with crucible marks as I like ar's and my gears perks benefit AR's but I don't know what would be more worth spending my shards on to fully upgrade.

To be honest, I never used the 8-shot perk for PI. The stability is better. In regards to the Mytho: It'll be as good as any top-tier legendary now. Nothing worth the hard raid.

hopefully a fully upgraded Mytho will be as good as the non upgraded mytho after the patch. Cause I am shredding in PVP with a non upgraded mytho at the moment hahaha

E92 M3

hopefully a fully upgraded Mytho will be as good as the non upgraded mytho after the patch.

Doubtful, unfortunately. I think Bungie are smart they will quickly separate PVE and PVP balances.

Think about this guys: are they refunding us the energies for the wasted upgrades? I knew something crappy like this would happen and didn't upgrade my AR or Vex completely, but what about for everyone that did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom