• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vex is fully upgraded! just in time for the nerf! :D

nnyZQOh.jpg

Goddammit Bungie. T-T

hydruxo

Really wish I could get the God of War shader. Is it particularly rare or something?

I've received the 18237496-64703388 shader about 7 times. Really want the God of War one already.

The way you get shaders in this game is just baffling to me. You're pretty much stuck looking crappy until you stumble upon a shader you like. But meanwhile, here have numerous ugly purple or blue shaders!

Deku Tree

mesh layer: sit by the green cave at the far end, kill snipers before you kill the adds. at least one void weapon to take out shielded enemies

devil walker: again, kill the 4 snipers and then shoot the devil walker's arc cannon off. doesn't matter which side you're on but if you go left you have to kill adds. once they're dead, shoot the devil walker while dodging the main turret until he goes down. rinse and repeat.

sepiks: stay in the entrance and kill everything from here, taking care to watch the 3 fallen captains that will charge at you. a void rocket makes short work of them.

15 minutes average time and you're done.

Are there less adds if you do Nightfall or other missions solo?

vakarian32

just solo'd nightfall on my titan, void rockets and ice breaker made it easy enough. got an exotic helm for reward, insurmountable skullfort, pretty happy with that :D

WITHE1982

you all make this sound so easy! excited to tackle this when I get home now. XD

There's something quite exhilarating about soloing the nightfall strikes (I think it's the danger of one shot ending your game and sending you back to orbit). I did the last one and looking forward to doing this one tonight.

ocean

Banned
Alright, Nightfall got me 400 Vanguard Reputation and some new Exotic gauntlets for my Titan called No Backup Plans.

They look sweet, but using them would entail buying (and leveling) a Legendary helmet to replace my Inmost Light, as well as obviously taking the gauntlets to +30. I'll do it eventually but it'll take a while. Can't complain!

kaiiri

The way you get shaders in this game is just baffling to me. You're pretty much stuck looking crappy until you stumble upon a shader you like. But meanwhile, here have numerous ugly purple or blue shaders!

that and everyone and their mom uses the same shaders.... (cause there's only like 1 or 2 that look good!)

MrMuscle

Are there less adds if you do Nightfall or other missions solo?

It definitely felt that way last week. I did it on my Titan with my two brothers first. Then i did it on my Warlock with just one of my brothers and we both noticed how few mobs there were in comparison to when we were 3 people.

Oh, I saw more of those images in a previous thread.

How do you take such screenshots without UI and from behind?

Edit: Okay, can't test it by myself right now, but it seems to be when you hit pause and Nav at the same time or very quickly. And since it's in third person I suppose before that you also do a pose. Gonna try that tonight, because the result is pretty rad.

yup. on ps4 you emote, double tap options and then hit share. takes some practice to get the timing to sync with the pose you want and to make the hud disappear right away. is worth it though!

some shots i've been hoarding:

wkMa27I.jpg

hoONTrP.jpg

aHiNuT6.jpg

iZBuNT1.jpg

XBfd8UF.jpg

0KchusF.jpg

K41Azub.jpg

EL CUCO

you all make this sound so easy! excited to tackle this when I get home now. XD

Lol just bring void weapons and keep your distance. Getting Melee'd is probably the only reason you have to be careful with because its a one hit kill.

For clarification, you mean the room with the staircase?

Also, when people are tackling the three waves with the mesh layers, are you all going down towards where the Hive spawn? I've always jumped up above onto to balcony and sniped, but it's easy to get caught out by a Stealth Vandal jumping up. In dozens of runs of the strike, I've never gone down towards where the Hive spawn so I don't know what's down there.

The room immediately on the left as soon as you enter Sepiks area.

As far as the 3 mesh waves, I handled it this time from the platform above. They throw arc grenades some times, but if you're in the left corner behind the container/cover they dont touch you. If it would've been arc burn, that platform would be way more dangerous. Vandal and Dregs do like to jump up there so you have to be a bit vigilant for them. I was mowing down dregs, vandals, acolytes with my primary and taking out the snipers and any thing with shields using a void sniper.

Bravo123

Neo Member
Just did the Nightfall and got Bad Seed Down pulse rifle (might be useful with the patch)
Really wanted a legendary/exotic Hand Cannon to drop, 4 days playtime and non have dropped :(

Tekku

Was at the end of the Nightfall strike, going solo. Boss was down to 10%HP then a fucking Dreg knifed me the second my Ward of Dawn dropped. Died instantly. Fuuuuu!!

Deku Tree

yup. on ps4 you emote, double tap options and then hit share. takes some practice to get the timing to sync with the pose you want and to make the hud disappear right away. is worth it though!

some shots i've been hoarding:

wkMa27I.jpg

hoONTrP.jpg

aHiNuT6.jpg

iZBuNT1.jpg

XBfd8UF.jpg

0KchusF.jpg

K41Azub.jpg

Destiny photo mode. Seriously if you are playing solo there is no reason for Destiny to not have a photo mode.

ocean

Banned
Question: is XP shared between weapons and armor? As in, to quickly level a weapon up I need to equip fully upgraded armor?

So I killed Raid boss on Hard and it marked me as having loot on normal and hard on bungie.net.

This a new change, pick normal or hard, only loot for one?

forrest

formerly nacire
PS3 Forrest_Crump
Lvl 27 Hunter

Hey guys, looking for people who regularly group/raid, etc. Been playing solo up to this point and I'm ready to do Nightfall and VoG. Loosely know VoG fights from vids online. I have a headset. Thanks!

EL CUCO

The Cryptarch gave me "Strange Suspect" (Lgnd Pulse Rifle) out of a Blue. He must not be feeling well.

Also, Strange Suspect stock is already 100x better than Bad Juju upgraded.

Kensuke

I have a group looking to do the hard raid right now. We have four level 30's and we just need 1 more guy. Who wants in?

PSN: Wretched_Walrus

Full now, sorry Daraman.

Yaari

Just completed Nightfall. Was probably the most difficult one yet, for me anyway. We were standing in the hall at the last boss and that Captain spawn caught us by surprise, so we had to start all over.

Luckily we managed to beat him eventually, someone got a Universal Remote, and I got a Plan C myself. Not sure how good it is but I like a Fusion Rifle with Arc, as I have both a Void and a Fire Legendary Fusion Rifle, this is a much appreciated addition to my arsenal of weapons.

Does anyone have a Plan C? It sounds interesting, reduced charge time when weapon swapping, seems like a fun weapon to swap towards when you also get the reduced charging perk?

None of us seemed to have a Arc weapon so the Captains were a nightmare to get down.

The game isn't designed around enjoying the challenge.

If you don't actually enjoy playing the game you should probably stop playing. I play the game because the shooting mechanics are rock solid and it's a ton of fun to play with my friends. The Raid is the only substantial PvE content that lets me bring a whole five of them along!

If you are doing the hard raid and die while others are playing and they finish the checkpoint and gear/rewards are given do you get it if you are down too?

ocean

Banned
Can't believe some of you guys can solo the Nightfall :| I am a filthy casual indeed.

If any of you pros is feeling generous let me know if you're up for a little carrying - my 26 alt could use the XP bonus :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom