• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Anyone on PSN wanna do the final boss on the Nightfall strike? Using my friend's PS4 atm and fuck me is this slow.

Well, I wouldn't necessarily pursue Thorn if you aren't interested in PvP; if you are interested in PvP, getting a good void fusion rifle can make that step pretty easy.

This one's a cinch. There's no way to make backwards progress. It's just time. The downside is that Bad Juju is currently the worst exotic bounty available. It will be buffed though.

Ditto with Invective re: PvP primarily. If you can get a positive K/D on a regular basis, it's just a matter of time. If you can't, the weapon isn't necessarily worthwhile to you anyway.

So, based on those options and your reactions, I recommend going after Bad Juju, and keeping your eyes peeled for the buff. If I misunderstood how you feel about the Crucible just let me know.

I picked Bad Juju, thanks for the info.

Based on my calculation I will need to kill/assist 133.33 Guardians to get 10,000 points. That will take some time especially that my average kills per game are around 8

I hope my calculation is right

Question: Is there a way to turn off the friends notification on PS4? It pops right on the map

jtar86

Looking to give nightfall another shot. Gt is mast3rtarv1n just send me an invite. Lvl 27 hunter or titan whichever is needed.

SkylineRKR

I don't know that you want shadow price either. It seems very close to Dr. Nope unless I am mistaken. I have Dr. Nope and with the stability upgrade it is nice but the TTK seems soooooo long. I'm thinking about going Grim Citizen instead. Anyone know about this one?

Shadow Price is a beast, man.

Dr. Nope is an ammo burner that takes ages to kill. Shadow Price's downside is its 25 clip, but it gets the job done MUCH faster and it fires like a dream. I think it does 3x damage over Dr. Nope per bullet, probably more once I've upgraded it at the same level as Nope. Which means those 25 bullets will have caused more destruction than those 70 in the Nope anyway. A Shadow Price with Field Scout is probably lol mode, but I haven't come across it.

Grim Citizen is probably a good bet too, I think its sort of comparable to Shadow Price. Both murder Dr. Nope.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
We were at the boss, last guardian alive under the thingy where the boss can't reach you

...i shot a rocket in my face

Lmfao I did the same thing today with a grenade. Best to use a sniper or a legendary scout rifle.

I'm not on now but I'll be in tommrow if you need an extra. I still gotta do the Weekly as well.

Nebula

Struggled really hard with Nightfall with hEist22 from on here, unfortunately we did not make it.

Last week was much easier. I kept getting caught by random Hobgoblin shots, and the boss part is just annoying, the waves are big and I just got caught.

Really want to clear the Nightfall but I'll probably end up skipping this one.

Hide under the platform at the back.

Evil Beaver

Yea I tend to do the same, the last few weeks I've been heavily using the Defender class but the last match I went full out attack with Striker and it helps so much more. I did miss the shoulder/knee and the superman super.

http://a.pomf.se/ipbshq.webm

Mah Titan.

epIjXpY.jpg

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Is there seriously no new items to purchase when you hit rank 2 in the banner?? Why the fuck even include it then....

The title for this thread is legit btw. LOL

Holy shit. Bad Juju is HORRIBLE. Bungie can't patch this worthless piece of shit soon enough.

I know people talk bad about Thorn as well, but at least that gun is usable (it helps that I use Chain of Woe). Bad juju makes me feel like I am putting myself at a huge disadvantage. There's just no redeeming qualities about that weapon. I just did the daily heroic at level 28 and it was a massive struggle since I was only using that gun.

Evil Beaver

Rank 2 is 1200. Don't know about Rank 3. Probably the same as Rank 2.

Ahahaha! I like how they tease you by making you think that ranking up IB is easy.

"Welcome to medical school. Your first task is to take someone's temperature. Ok, all done? Excellent. Your second task is to perform brain surgery. You have one week to complete your task."

I picked Bad Juju, thanks for the info.

Based on my calculation I will need to kill/assist 133.33 Guardians to get 10,000 points. That will take some time especially that my average kills per game are around 8

I hope my calculation is right

From my experience the PvP part of the Bad Juju bounty is really faster (and more pleasant) compared to the required 25 strikes prior to it.

Holy shit. Bad Juju is HORRIBLE. Bungie can't patch this worthless piece of shit soon enough.

I know people talk bad about Thorn as well, but at least that gun is usable (it helps that I use Chain of Woe). Bad juju makes me feel like I am putting myself at a huge disadvantage. There's just no redeeming qualities about that weapon. I just did the daily heroic at level 28 and it was a massive struggle since I was only using that gun.

it glows green and that's about it.

instant reload is useless unless you're shooting dregs in old russia or something.

I was running a friend through Weekly Nightfall and they DCed I'm at the boss area if anyone would like to join to finish it. I soloed earlier today so I can show safe area for anyone that needs the XP buff.

PSN(4) - LifeJordan

void666

Banned

Bad juju is a great weapon
to kill low level thralls.

I have the bounty for Bad Juju, but I'm not going to drop it since I have finished all the other available exotic bounties. Looking forward to throwing it into my vault once I get it.

dacalo

To those who are having shitty RNG, just be patient. When I was level 26, I didn't have a single legendary weapon or exotic items. In a span of three days, I got an exotic helm from Xur from an engram for my warlock on first try (lucky i know), got a Thunderlord from Crucible reward, got two exotic bounties that resulted in Thorn and Invectus, and Monte Carlo from nightfall. Also purchased the rifle from New Monarchy by hitting rank 3, another legendary scout rifle from New Monarchy for hitting rank 3, and Atheon's Epilogue from the raid.

Sitting on around 45 strange coins, hopefully Xur has something good this week.

Productive day I suppose.

Finally got my legendary gloves, taking my hunter from 26 to 27. Did Daily heroic and got Zombie Apocalypse from the engram, Did the nightfall and got 9 coins, and did weekly for a bunch of blues, two of which decrypted into coins as well.

Also manage to get 64\200 kills towards pocket infinity.

Now to do the weekly and nightfall on my Titan (though, at 25 this could be pretty rough without a carry) and i'll be rolling in coins for Xur this weekend.

it glows green and that's about it.

instant reload is useless unless you're shooting dregs in old russia or something.

Bad juju is a great weapon
to kill low level thralls.

I have the bounty for Bad Juju, but I'm not going to drop it since I have finished all the other available exotic bounties. Looking forward to throwing it into my vault once I get it.
I think I get what they were going for with the above average fire rate and decent reload, but the gun just doesn't pack any sort of punch for the pathetic clip size. The clip size wouldn't be an issue if the gun did any sort of respectable damage. If I knew I could kill with 9 rounds then this gun would be damn good.

And to top it off, this was the worst bounty for the worst gun.

Nodnol

Productive night.

Nightfall done, Legendary Scout Rifle as reward.

Rare Engram turns into Unfriendly Giant, which I already have, but in a different elemental. Void too, which I seem to struggle to find.

Izayoi

Banned
Well at some point shards become more valuable.
After either getting super fucking lucky or putting 500 hours in, sure. Filling out your Exotic collection (especially in regards to Icebreaker, Hawkmoon/Last Word, and Hardlight) is more important once you're 29. Shards start piling up until you (once again) manage to get lucky and get a full raid set. This is especially true with multiple characters.

Where's the barter system for raid gear, Bungie?

Sweet, Nightfall complete x3. Got a dupe exotic chest, 12 energy, and a Thunderlord. Not bad.

Any normal raid groups forming up on PS4?

Productive night.

Nightfall done, Legendary Scout Rifle as reward.

Rare Engram turns into Unfriendly Giant, which I already have, but in a different elemental. Void too, which I seem to struggle to find.

Nice! I have a void UG, it has an upgrade for super fast reload when it's empty. Works great on Minotaurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom