• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I played a strike with one player just standing still through it all. Reported, for what it's worth.

it doesn't help that the strike playlist auto loads the next game. i'm used to going to orbit on my own, so i've been stuck in a few unwanted strikes before.

AFKing the whole match though probably isn't an accident.

Tekku

I just need 40 more Nightfall kills and Pocket Infinity will be mine! Mwuahahahaha!

It's crap without upgrades though so it's quite painful to carry it around for the first couple of hours. I still haven't gotten the full-auto upgrade, which is a drag, so I keep switching to other weapons. I feel like I'm never gonna get it. :D

DjRalford

Woohoo, Cryptarch be praised,RNGesus love me.

my lvl10 care package contained 2 legendry engrams and a blue, 2 ass shards, a legendary chest piece, which was melted for 3 shards, and the swarm. Then my care package from crucible rank 3 contained the final boss.

With the shards my exotic chest piece is now fully upgraded.

being able to trade would fuck up the economy and gameplay of this game....
very glad its not in.

I agree completely I just wish that they'd also stop giving me purple engrams for classes other than my own. Why the hell did they not patch this when they patched what the engrams give I wonder. I'm 48 hours in now and not a single legendary gear drop that I can use.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There's not so much a wall as there is a hurdle. I believe you have to have at least one piece of legendary armor to hit 25 (I can't remember for sure). But yea, enough grinding and you can just buy this piece... b/c you know DAMN WELL rahool the bitchmade bitch isn't going to hook it up for you.
You do. It's a whole mini-goal in my first guide!
It's crap without upgrades though so it's quite painful to carry it around for the first couple of hours. I still haven't gotten the full-auto upgrade, which is a drag, so I keep switching to other weapons. I feel like I'm never gonna get it. :D
It's not. Without upgrades it's a decent fusion rifle with solid range and crazy high impact. Its charge time is just high as an offset (learn to "cook" the blast, especially in PvP).

Equip it along with fully maxed other items when turning in bounties to level it quickly. You could max it without ever firing it if you so chose.

rNilla

Oh wow, after 5 years of lurking I can finally post! Be gentle GAF...

At last I can curse RNGesus with the rest of you:

wmN0qNl.jpg

MildSoss

After two weeks of the Pocket Infinity bounty sitting in my inventory i've finally completed it. This weeks nightfall is so much easier to try and run with a fusion rifle.

Congratulations to Maledict for his Vanquisher VIII drop and super-congratulations with a dash of jelly to DoctorPayne for the Suros Regime present at the end of this week's nightfall!

I "only" got 12 ascendant energy, but it was fun so :D (also first legendary from rare engram: LIGHT/Beware double :D)

Hoodbury

Welcome to GAF. What are you cursing in that image? That everyone got a blue and you didn't? Whoopitidoo.

Was that gentle enough? :p

Key2001

Do you have to finish the bounties for Bad Juju, Thorn and/or Invective to have a chance at getting the Pocket Infinity bounty? It just seems more than an coincidence that the 5 exotic bounties (5th today) between my two characters have all been exactly the same choices.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
At this point, I feel like this game is self-aware and actively trying to annoy me in any way possible. So after doing the Raid for the third time and only receiving a so-so shotgun and a second Chatterwhite while still not having obtained any piece of Raid armor, I go and do the Nightfall. Guess what? For the first time I actually got an Exotic from it!

Sunbreakers.

The one piece of Exotic armor I already own.
That thing that has been sold by Xur for three out of four visits.

C'mon, just give me something...

I'll get my FWC Rank to 2 for the HC/SR Chest Armor and maybe collect some Vanguard Marks for a Rare Sparrow, but then I'm ready to put this game down for a while and go to Mordor. I just have nothing to work towards in Destiny anymore... I have no real use for the vendor Legendaries, I can't control getting Exotic bounties or what Exotic bounties I'll get, I can't influence the dice rolls on whether I'll get Raid armor or not, I can't influence my chances of getting loot from the Crucible, I cannot choose to take on tougher enemies to get a better chance at loot, etc.

The only reliable sources for late-end-game progression are Xur ( only on weekends ), The Raid ( weekly lockout ) and Nightfall ( weekly lockout ), all three of which ( by pure chance and RNG ) have pretty consistently not given me anything I need to make any sort of progress.

Definity

Played five or so matches of iron banner.
There may be just a slight difference in the way the game feels but it's pretty close to crucible. If you didn't tell me I would think it's crucible mode.

They really need to give access to max light gear some other way than raiding and the iron banner would've been a perfect match for that.

I got my first lucky drop after 30 odd hours of play....and just after grinding through Vanguard 2 and buying all my legendary gear!

Care package from leveling rahool dropped 3 legendary engrams, which all turned into equipable legendary chests for my character - a warlock! Chances of all 3 being my class were around 4% and that's ignoring the chance of dropping 3 legendaries at once.

Shame they were all virtually identical to the one I had to buy from the vanguard vendor 3-4 hours beforehand! :)

A reasonable drop of ass shards though (each one gave 3).

I've also got enough coins to buy an exotic piece when Xur arrives later this week, so after getting a little stuck at level 23 I should be able to get to 27 and then 28 if I grind.

RNGesus shows its true power in Crucible. One time, I had back-to-games of ~3.2 K/D ratio only to get nothing. Some random in the last game got The Last Word with 0 kills.

Blessed based RNGesus indeed.

Any one looking to do the Raid right now?

We've got 3 right now. 29 titan, 28 hunter, 28 hunter.

PSN: Primatibus (not my account, but my friendslist won't show up.)

Yaari

Struggled really hard with Nightfall with hEist22 from on here, unfortunately we did not make it.

Last week was much easier. I kept getting caught by random Hobgoblin shots, and the boss part is just annoying, the waves are big and I just got caught.

Really want to clear the Nightfall but I'll probably end up skipping this one.

Nameless

What control scheme is everyone using? I've been using Puppeteer, which maps crouch to the right stick, for about week now and god damn if this shouldn't have been the default button layout. The core gameplay is nearly flawless imo, but it bugged the shit out of me having to take my finger off aim to slide and crouch(both of which are extremely useful). Now feel as though I have complete control over my character. The ability to strafe, turn, and aim while seamlessly crouching for better accuracy as needed makes a tremendous friggin difference.

Any one looking to do the Raid right now?

We've got 3 right now. 29 titan, 28 hunter, 28 hunter.

PSN: Primatibus (not my account, but my friendslist won't show up.)

Are you just starting? Have you done it already? Normal or Hard? If Yes, Yes, Normal - I am game - I need to get over my failure with the nightfall

Edit:
- 28 Sunsinger

hydruxo

Did Bungie already patch the Terminus platforming spot? I just got all the way to the last jump and hit an invisible wall all three times I tried to jump to the portal/beam thing.

just a tip guise, in the weekend i was having problems specially with destiny and decided to log out both my accounts. in one (the main one i was having problems) , it was because sony released a new TOS. after accepting it i dont have problems anymore (only the stupid psn friends list)

tmac456

just got my first legendary primary via leveling my vanguard to rank 3

how good/bad is the Bad Seed Down pulse rifle?

i was grinding tiger strikes for marks to purchase the Shadow Price AR

do i still spend the 150 marks on it or go with something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom