• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solo'd nightfall on my 28 lock, with icebreaker everything up to final boss is pretty easy - snipe from a far distance, nothing ever shot at me.

I'm sure its been mentioned here but if you want to cheese the last boss solo, take a weapon that has armor penetration on it. I used Final Death, a sniper rifle and swapped to Ice Breaker to regen ammo.

You can clear all the adds before the boss from the entrance ledge, just snipe from there and run out to clear the stragglers. Practice getting under the little ramp room, if you cower under the actual ramp portion nothing can hit you at all. With an armor piercing gun you can shoot at the boss who is stomping around above you, although its hard to really see much especially when a bunch of mobs start stacking. It took me a good 30 minutes to kill him, but didn't really require any effort just swapping weapons every 60 seconds and firing off a bunch of shots at pixels that looked like they were him.

SnakeEyes

Banned
My team and I gave up on that strategy since all the enemies' shots go through the gaps and hit you. Instead, we hung out at the entrance (where you drop in) and lured the boss to us. You can avoid half the adds this way.
And our group killed the Archon Priest within 10 seconds of him dropping, just by using Gjallarhorn shots ;-)

Nhutty

Played a solid night of Iron Banner last night, I'm lvl 25 Titan and can compete against Guardians up to lvl 28.

Lvl 29/30 is a lot harder and whilst they can be killed have a massive difference in armour and attack than you.

Still enjoying PVP except for maps with vehicles, hate them with a passion. I should probably use vehicles more...

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So I want to do the Nightfall, but I can't seem to get any elemental primary weapons. I have sniper rifles and shotguns of every element, and machine guns as well, but all my primaries are sans element. What do pls halp

nowai

After either getting super fucking lucky or putting 500 hours in, sure. Filling out your Exotic collection (especially in regards to Icebreaker, Hawkmoon/Last Word, and Hardlight) is more important once you're 29. Shards start piling up until you (once again) manage to get lucky and get a full raid set. This is especially true with multiple characters.

Where's the barter system for raid gear, Bungie?

Ugh, I have over 60 shards. All I need are raid gloves and my titan is 30.

Doing the raid with characters and only getting shards as drops makes me scrooge mcduck with mats, but nothing to upgrade.

I was hoping to just raid equal iron banner gloves, but they are like all other legendaries. Pass.

This damned game hates me...

I just solo'd my way through Nightfall (boss was a PITA and took almost 10 minutes so I wouldn't die) and what does the game decide my effort is worth?

9 strange coins...

The game keeps telling me "just go ahead and buy your stuff, cuz I'm not gonna give it to you".

I just hope Xur has Heart of the Praxic Fire this weekend...

Cømet

Banned
And our group killed the Archon Priest within 10 seconds of him dropping, just by using Gjallarhorn shots ;-)

I am so god damn pissed I missed that when Xur had it. Last time I did raid we all died, but one 'lock self revived and fired Gjallarhorn twice at Aethon and beat his ass down. What a win that was.

Fuggin rocket launcher. God damn it.

T.O.P

Banned
Lmfao I did the same thing today with a grenade. Best to use a sniper or a legendary scout rifle.

I'm not on now but I'll be in tommrow if you need an extra. I still gotta do the Weekly as well.

Yup tried another run with no luck

Enough nightfall for the day

So I want to do the Nightfall, but I can't seem to get any elemental primary weapons. I have sniper rifles and shotguns of every element, and machine guns as well, but all my primaries are sans element. What do pls halp

Primaries dont have elements? I could be wrong.

SnakeEyes

Banned
How many did it take?
There were two of us firing, so I'd say 10 shots? I'm pretty sure Chainshada and I both have ours maxed out.

Cømet;133345847 said:
I am so god damn pissed I missed that when Xur had it. Last time I did raid we all died, but one 'lock self revived and fired Gjallarhorn twice at Aethon and beat his ass down. What a win that was.

Fuggin rocket launcher. God damn it.
I bought it and then 2 days later had it drop during the raid for me. I do not have the best luck with RNG...

But yeah, Gjallarhorn is brutal with Atheon too. He eats it when Time's Vengeance is active, that's for sure!

I'll be online and ready for weekly strike, nightfall and daily in less than 30 minutes.

Level 29 Titan (both subclasses maxed)
8 exotic weapons
Many legendaries

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Add me and let's play!

Raid hard mode.

BzYR6LWCMAEtpFz.jpg

darkwing

This damned game hates me...

I just solo'd my way through Nightfall (boss was a PITA and took almost 10 minutes so I wouldn't die) and what does the game decide my effort is worth?

9 strange coins...

The game keeps telling me "just go ahead and buy your stuff, cuz I'm not gonna give it to you".

I just hope Xur has Heart of the Praxic Fire this weekend...

I picked up the Heart from a random chest from a legendary engram

but I already had sunbreaker XD

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Hit level 29. I really wish the raid armor for hunters looked more like the astrolord set. The current raid gear for hunters is hideous. *edit* except the chest and head pieces.

Overdoziz

Banned
Got an exotic Titan helmet from nightfall on my Titan, got an exotic Hunter helmet from nightfall on my Hunter, got two legendary engrams from the weekly on my Hunter, and when turning those in I leveled up the Cryptarch and got another legendary engram.

Today was a good day.

I picked up the Heart from a random chest from a legendary engram

but I already had sunbreaker XD

I caved last weekend and just decided to buy the Sunbreakers from Xur, just like I bought the Suros. Otherwise I wouldn't have any exotics.

Thanks to both those purchases I was able to participate yesterday in na Atheon fight and got Vision of Confluence, by far the best thing the game has decided to give me (i.e. not bought).

Whoa, did the weekly heroic at 28 with a friend earlier and he was so easy to cheese. We just stayed at the little edge where we enter and took turns sniping and rocketing the boss. Easy as pie.

Also, we were a 27 hunter and 25 warlock. Would have been impossible with last week's strike.

k1t4j

ok GAF so I took matters into my own hands and am at the boss section in nightfall strike.

I just need to make the boss spawn, what will be easier to pull? At the entrance or under the platform?

Also if anyone want to join and help would be great. I took it really slow, nice and easy and used my Final Boss sniper to carry my all the way, all in all 10 minutes to get to the boss.

PSN: Kitaj84

first 2 come first serve :)

JNA

Banned
ok GAF so I took matters into my own hands and am at the boss section in nightfall strike.

I just need to make the boss spawn, what will be easier to pull? At the entrance or under the platform?

Also if anyone want to join and help would be great. I took it really slow, nice and easy and used my Final Boss sniper to carry my all the way, all in all 10 minutes to get to the boss.

PSN: Kitaj84

first 2 come first serve :)

Just sent ya a FR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom