• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
What control scheme is everyone using? I've been using Puppeteer, which maps crouch to the right stick, for about week now and god damn if this shouldn't have been the default button layout. The core gameplay is nearly flawless imo, but it bugged the shit out of me having to take my finger off aim to slide and crouch(both of which are extremely useful). Now feel as though I have complete control over my character. The ability to strafe, turn, and aim while seamlessly crouching for better accuracy as needed makes a tremendous friggin difference.
In my opinion the best control schemes in fps's are the ones that don't require you to ever take your right thumb off the stick. Jump and crouch should be shoulder buttons or on the sticks.

With that said, I use default, haha.

Yaari

What control scheme is everyone using? I've been using Puppeteer, which maps crouch to the right stick, for about week now and god damn if this shouldn't have been the default button layout. The core gameplay is nearly flawless imo, but it bugged the shit out of me having to take my finger off aim to slide and crouch(both of which are extremely useful). Now feel as though I have complete control over my character. The ability to strafe, turn, and aim while seamlessly crouching for better accuracy as needed makes a tremendous friggin difference.

Interesting, had no idea that was even possible.

Love doing this, kneeing those at Control points is hilarious.

myisdq.gif

vwcigq.gif

Sometimes I'll forget about that ability when I melee mid-sprint. Such a nice little "surprise" to one-shot a dude with your shoulder/knee.

rugioh

Banned
Ok PSN looks like its going again, trying to do Nightfall/Heroic 28

LVL 28 Defender Titan here, I have a mic.

PSN: rugioh

Nightfall seems easier than heroic at lvl 28 thanks to triple burn modifier, almost beat the Priest solo but got one-shotted by one of the snipers. Using Aethon primary with void damage, literally rips through entire groups of Vex in single clip. Will try again in the morning.

Do you have to finish the bounties for Bad Juju, Thorn and/or Invective to have a chance at getting the Pocket Infinity bounty? It just seems more than an coincidence that the 5 exotic bounties (5th today) between my two characters have all been exactly the same choices.

No, that was the first exotic bounty I received.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Sometimes I'll forget about that ability when I melee mid-sprint. Such a nice little "surprise" to one-shot a dude with your shoulder/knee.

Yea I tend to do the same, the last few weeks I've been heavily using the Defender class but the last match I went full out attack with Striker and it helps so much more. I did miss the shoulder/knee and the superman super.

http://a.pomf.se/ipbshq.webm

oh well. arc's good as it rounds out my elements, but void would still be nice. anyone know what element is on the raid sniper?

Did Bungie already patch the Terminus platforming spot? I just got all the way to the last jump and hit an invisible wall all three times I tried to jump to the portal/beam thing.

nah you just gotta jump over the invisible wall. i hit it the first time i tried.

At this point, I feel like this game is self-aware and actively trying to annoy me in any way possible. So after doing the Raid for the third time and only receiving a so-so shotgun and a second Chatterwhite while still not having obtained any piece of Raid armor, I go and do the Nightfall. Guess what? For the first time I actually got an Exotic from it!

Sunbreakers.

The one piece of Exotic armor I already own.
That thing that has been sold by Xur for three out of four visits.

C'mon, just give me something...

I'll get my FWC Rank to 2 for the HC/SR Chest Armor and maybe collect some Vanguard Marks for a Rare Sparrow, but then I'm ready to put this game down for a while and go to Mordor. I just have nothing to work towards in Destiny anymore... I have no real use for the vendor Legendaries, I can't control getting Exotic bounties or what Exotic bounties I'll get, I can't influence the dice rolls on whether I'll get Raid armor or not, I can't influence my chances of getting loot from the Crucible, I cannot choose to take on tougher enemies to get a better chance at loot, etc.

The only reliable sources for late-end-game progression are Xur ( only on weekends ), The Raid ( weekly lockout ) and Nightfall ( weekly lockout ), all three of which ( by pure chance and RNG ) have pretty consistently not given me anything I need to make any sort of progress.

yup i don't like how you're either waiting for the next week or depending on RNG to make progress. high-end content only matters for one day, and then the rest of those days you're doing bounties replaying the same stuff hoping to get lucky.

i get what they were going for but the system needs a lot of fine tuning, even going as far to suggest an overhaul. loot patch was step in right direction, but since then i've been given shards and ascendent energy from most high end content almost exclusively. you can already dismantle legendary gear to earn the same amount, but you can use shards if the game isn't dropping any gear for you.

Trojan

Anyone want to join me for th daily heroic strike on lvl28? I could use the help if you're down, I need me then shards!

PSN: Phife24. Lvl27 Sunsinger Warlock

purg3

slept with Malkin
Got the Hard Light exotic auto rifle from the Nightfall strike. Seems okay once the stability is upgraded. Glad I didn't spend the coins on the Suros last week. People that use it, how is it in pvp/pve? Worth leveling up?

rugioh

Banned
Still have space? 28 hunter

Just got someone in here.. then then party leader dropped so not sure whats going on. I think we're set but I'll keep you posted if the spot stays free.

EDIT: Just came back, we're full here. My bad man

Finished the Nightfall and Heroic Weekly with wearethearmada and LiK. I got The Devil You Know with better upgrade abilities than the one the Vanguard is selling. Mine came with "Increased range when ADS" and "Last bullet does more damage."

Nightfall and Weekly done with wearearmada and famicom. We're a good team

Yeah, thanks for playing with me! Do you have a mic?

so wait the burn modifiers works for players too?

Doesn't burn modifier apply both ways? I'm getting 11k critical on my solar sniper, its usually 3-4k on normal non-burn missions, so it definitely works for players too.

Finished the Nightfall and Heroic Weekly with wearethearmada and LiK. I got The Devil You Know with better upgrade abilities than the one the Vanguard is selling. Mine came with "Increased range when ADS" and "Last bullet does more damage."

Yeah, thanks for playing with me! Do you have a mic?

I was about to join but by the time I changed my character the slot was already filled, so I tried solo lol.

Patroclos

Banned
just got my first legendary primary via leveling my vanguard to rank 3

how good/bad is the Bad Seed Down pulse rifle?

i was grinding tiger strikes for marks to purchase the Shadow Price AR

do i still spend the 150 marks on it or go with something else?

I don't know that you want shadow price either. It seems very close to Dr. Nope unless I am mistaken. I have Dr. Nope and with the stability upgrade it is nice but the TTK seems soooooo long. I'm thinking about going Grim Citizen instead. Anyone know about this one?

tmac456

just got bad seed down pulse rifle for leveling up vanguard. my first legendary primary

do i stick with it or purchase shadow price AR?

thoughts?

SnakeEyes

Banned
At this point, I feel like this game is self-aware and actively trying to annoy me in any way possible. So after doing the Raid for the third time and only receiving a so-so shotgun and a second Chatterwhite while still not having obtained any piece of Raid armor, I go and do the Nightfall. Guess what? For the first time I actually got an Exotic from it!

Sunbreakers.

The one piece of Exotic armor I already own.
That thing that has been sold by Xur for three out of four visits.

C'mon, just give me something...

I'll get my FWC Rank to 2 for the HC/SR Chest Armor and maybe collect some Vanguard Marks for a Rare Sparrow, but then I'm ready to put this game down for a while and go to Mordor. I just have nothing to work towards in Destiny anymore... I have no real use for the vendor Legendaries, I can't control getting Exotic bounties or what Exotic bounties I'll get, I can't influence the dice rolls on whether I'll get Raid armor or not, I can't influence my chances of getting loot from the Crucible, I cannot choose to take on tougher enemies to get a better chance at loot, etc.

The only reliable sources for late-end-game progression are Xur ( only on weekends ), The Raid ( weekly lockout ) and Nightfall ( weekly lockout ), all three of which ( by pure chance and RNG ) have pretty consistently not given me anything I need to make any sort of progress.
Haha Tiemen, the game is now going out of its way to fuck with you.

It's self-aware.

It's Skynet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom