• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

Yeah I want to get a SR but I don't know which one to get. I'm sitting on an abundance of vanguard marks right now.

Me too! I kinda want a sparrow but with my luck I'll get the one from the Raid a day after.i

I've read alot of good stuff about Proxima Centauri II

Best in the game IMHO. If you can find it with Firefly (exploding headshots causing splash damage) and the reload perks you're set.

I have the Firefly perk on my dropped Epitaph sniper and it's wonderful, especially for the splash damage when a burn modifier is active. I can imagine on a Scout rifle if you can just pop heads and get 15 explosions in a row.

My only concern with that on a Scout Rifle is the splash damage may throw off my next headshot since enemies will be constantly pushed around. I guess the benefits outweigh that though!

Respect

I've read alot of good stuff about Proxima Centauri II

I got a dropped version of Proxima (but it is very similar to the one sold), but I definitely prefer any of my hand cannons to this SR...right now I think the only SR I would use is Confluence and I doubt that would be better than my HC. Guess we will see after the patch, but unless you need to be at a long range, HC will still be superior IMO.

Can the sparrow boost Xur sells be applied to the Timebreaker?

Izuna

Banned
When I get home I'm going to do the Nightfall and Weekly again on my secondary account. I will be looking to get the Hard Raid done with one character, and sharing Antheon with my secondary for another shot at getting the Helmet.

rdrr gnr

Me too! I kinda want a sparrow but with my luck I'll get the one from the Raid a day after.i

I have the Firefly perk on my dropped Epitaph sniper and it's wonderful, especially for the splash damage when a burn modifier is active. I can imagine on a Scout rifle if you can just pop heads and get 15 explosions in a row.

My only concern with that on a Scout Rifle is the splash damage may throw off my next headshot since enemies will be constantly pushed around. I guess the benefits outweigh that though!
I believe the explosion perk lowers impact and/or the headshot multiplier in PvP, but I'm not sure. So if you are looking for an overall gun, I believe the Vision of Confluence might be one of the better SRs.

Shito

It takes a bit used to, and it does still happen from time to time.
But that's why I prefer a high impact / slow fire rate rifle for this perk.

Sooo... is anyone playing on 360, who hasn't tackled the raid, and would like to do so fresh i.e. without following a guide/cheesing?
Thought not :(

I play on 360 and I have tackled the raid, but I'm looking to get a group together around 7pm CT tonight. I should already have 3 or maybe 4 people. If you still want to raid around then, message me on live.

GT: Jellycrackers

If I do the raid on normal and hard I will get rewards for both, but the chests are shared, correct?

So would it be best to save the chests for hard mode for a higher chance of heroic rewards?

blackflag

If I do the raid on normal and hard I will get rewards for both, but the chests are shared, correct?

So would it be best to save the chests for hard mode for a higher chance of heroic rewards?

The loot tables are the same. You could also just do the raid on hard and get normal and hard loot drops from the bosses at the same time.

X-Frame

I believe the explosion perk lowers impact and/or the headshot multiplier in PvP, but I'm not sure. So if you are looking for an overall gun, I believe the Vision of Confluence might be one of the better SRs.

I know -- I feel I am greatly missing out by not having those raid primary weapons with elemental damage. I only completed the raid once but got the Found Verdict shotgun which is great but I'm pretty set with shotguns.

I'll try and do the raid more this week and hopefully I get lucky.

Raxus

People that use lfg.com/net need to learn the difference between LFG and LFM. :|
Which reminds me. We really should have a guide for people who are unfamiliar with MMO terms.

LFM - LOOKING FOR MORE (group forming)
LFG - LOOKING FOR GROUP (starting or looking to get into a group)

Zakalwe

Banned
Well now all but like two of them are garbage so no big loss.

Geat/Good
The last Word
Hawkmoon
Suros Regime
The Universal Remote
Thunderlord
Gjallarhorn
Invective
Icebreaker
Patience and Time

Truth
Plan C

Decent - - -
Hardlight
Midas Multi Tool

Yeh, "two".

I know I've forgotten some.

SkylineRKR

Best Raid ever.

Prime Zealot Gauntlets and legs, the 2 I needed!

SUROS Regime

Shadow Price with fucking Field Scout and the fast reload.

And some energies.

Those expecting a slight nerf to AR's gonna be shocked. They straight kneecapped em. So much for a simple range nerf.

Auto Rifles
Base Damage decreased by 2%
Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)

Shito

Any reason why? A couple people on the last page said Proxima was better.
As I was saying a couple posts before, it depends on your playstyle.
If you favor a high fire rate versus impact, go for the Proxima Centauri. Otherwise, like myself, you should rather choose the A.1F19X-RYL.
I'd rather have my shots kill my targets one by one with criticals rather than having to fire several shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom