• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I get the special Destiny setting for the Playstation gold headset? Is it better than the default setting? Thanks!

I have the same question about my Hex Caster ARC. The thing already has minimal impact and an extremely high rate of fire and lots of bullets and very difficult handling...

Download the app from the psn store for headsets and plug in headset it makes volume levels better IMO in terms of.music and pew pew.

realcZk

Question.... I ran Nightfall last night (Archon Priest) solo, was my second time, do rewards only drop the first run through? I got nothing at reward screen. RNG at its finest?

Nightfall/Weekly rewards are only available once per week. You can get the weekly rewards at different heroic difficulties but you get all at once (9 strange coins) at level 28 and then you're done till next week for end-mission loot.

noomi

Auto Rifles

Base Damage decreased by 2%
Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)

Just got Atheons auto rifle..... wonder how this will affect it, the rifle basically has no impact to begin with so your saying it's going to be even weaker now? :/

SkylineRKR

Just got Atheons auto rifle..... wonder how this will affect it, the rifle basically has no impact to begin with so your saying it's going to be even weaker now? :/

The Atheon's Stability is decreased for sure. Even with the perk I had a harder time hitting Oracles straight. Yeah you could say its even weaker, though still handy in the Vault.

realcZk

The Epilogue is pretty weak to begin with IMO, especially compared to things like the SUROS and Shadow Price/Vaquisher in PvE and PvP EXCEPT for when there's void burn ofc. It takes almost a full extended (84 shot) clip to drop an oracle in VoG hard mode and it's pretty much worthless for killing any adds there quickly. It is good at dropping void shields on the praetorians/minotuars though. I have mine fully upgraded at 300 DMG and I'm level 29 so it should get a little better when I attempt it again at level 30.

squadr0n

Ive got 2 questions about Exotic weapon bounties. First of all, i just started the one for Thorn and im on the part that says Harvest the energies of Hive on the Moon to activate this weapon. What weapon do I need to use to get these kills? My second question is whats the easiest way to get the 200 kills for the pocket infinity bounty in the nightfall?

Fixed1979

The Epilogue is pretty weak to begin with IMO, especially compared to things like the SUROS and Shadow Price/Vaquisher in PvE and PvP EXCEPT for when there's void burn ofc. It takes almost a full extended (84 shot) clip to drop an oracle in VoG hard mode and it's pretty much worthless for killing any adds there quickly. It is good at dropping void shields on the praetorians/minotuars though. I have mine fully upgraded at 300 DMG and I'm level 29 so it should get a little better when I attempt it again at level 30.

Shit really? I assumed with the additional damage to oracle perk it has would be incredibly valuable, plus the void damage for shields. Is it worth upgrading?

I tried getting XP for it through PVP and PVE but it's pretty much useless. Average probably 1.2-2.4 K/D with Shadow Price, using the Epilogue I'm at like 0.6-0.85. Was just going to stick with bounty XP upgrades.

Ive got 2 questions about Exotic weapon bounties. First of all, i just started the one for Thorn and im on the part that says Harvest the energies of Hive on the Moon to activate this weapon. What weapon do I need to use to get these kills? My second question is whats the easiest way to get the 200 kills for the pocket infinity bounty in the nightfall?

Doesn't matter what you use, you just need to kill Hive. I just played the "We've woken the hive" farming spot over and over until I had it done.

realcZk

Shit really? I assumed with the additional damage to oracle perk it has would be incredibly valuable, plus the void damage for shields. Is it worth upgrading?

It's likely worth upgrading and is good in normal mode for defense and strikes with void burn modifiers, but I was dropping praetorians a lot more quickly as a level 29 in the VoG hard raid using TDYK (fully upgraded vanguard handcannon). Once I get my fatebringer maxed out it should be quite nice against oracles.

noomi

That's too bad, I just got it on Saturday and haven't even begun leveling it yet. Going to use the hell out of it for the nightly and weekly though for that nice void burn :)

rdrr gnr

What the fuck is the point of the pulse rifle? I don't mean how weak it is, but what role it plays that the auto/scout can't fulfill? It seems like something that was supposed to play that BR role, but it doesn't. That slot should probably go to a submachine archetype or something else.

EL CUCO

ha, exactly. It's pointless and distracting and hearing the guy does not get me pumped up like Jeff Steitzer does in the Halo games.

Please just let us disable it if we want to.

In case you haven't noticed, Bungie is not about what YOU want, they're about what THEY want for you.

Fixed1979

It's likely worth upgrading and is good in normal mode for defense and strikes with void burn modifiers, but I was dropping praetorians a lot more quickly as a level 29 in the VoG hard raid using TDYK (fully upgraded vanguard handcannon). Once I get my fatebringer maxed out it should be quite nice against oracles.

I'll throw XP into it for now and see how it goes, I don't have another primary I need to level so I'll just swap over to it when I turn in bounties. I have enough material to fully upgrade two weapons, one was going to be the Ice Breaker and this was going to be the second.

Maybe I'll wait until I buy my void machine gun from the Vanguard vendor later this week before making a decision.

void666

Banned
Doctor Worthless

Nooooo. I love my doc nope. I hated it at first though.
The initial recoil is really strong but after the first few bullets it's more manageable. And gunslinger's trance helps a lot.
But i know there are probably better high rof ARs out there.

Well, i just hope it's still viable after the patch. They shouldn't patch all ARs across the board.

In case you haven't noticed, Bungie is not about what YOU want, they're about what THEY want for you.

Based on Destiny's lack of settings/options you typically see in FPS/MMO games, their design philosophy says, "if you disagree with us, you're wrong." Just for fun, boot up the latest Call of Duty or World of Warcraft game and look at the settings menu. Then compare it to Destiny.

Bungie needs to know: giving players flexibility means extending the life of their game. I play a ton of Diablo 3 because it lets me disable music & voice and play my own tunes. That allows me to be entertained for a longer period of time, because I'm not hearing the same in-game music over and over, and I don't have to hear the same cheesy, annoying lines from the characters. I would happily spend more time in crucible were it not for the abrasive announcer constantly chiding me and essentially taking me out of the zone.

I shouldn't have to spell this out for Bungie. They should know better.

excowboy

I'm on 360 and haven't done the Raid yet. Level 27 Warlock with Red Death, Epitah 2261 and The Cure (none fully upgraded yet). UK based though but feel free to ping me a FR on Live if you're still looking.

Awesome! My GT is excowboy83. I also need to level up my weapons. Have found some other folks through clans so maybe we can get a group together :)

Based on Destiny's lack of settings/options you typically see in FPS/MMO games, their design philosophy says, "if you disagree with us, you're wrong."

Bungie needs to know: giving players flexibility means extending the life of their game. I play a ton of Diablo 3 because it lets me disable music & voice and play my own tunes. That allows me to be entertained for a longer period of time, because I'm not hearing the same in-game music over and over, and I don't have to hear the same cheesy, annoying lines from the characters. I would happily spend more time in crucible were it not for the abrasive announcer constantly chiding me and essentially taking me out of the zone.

I shouldn't have to spell this out for Bungie. They should know better.

this is not a surprise at all. This is exactly how they handled Halo.

jay23

Anyone doing normal raid tonight on XB1?

I might also be interested in carrying each others alts through nightfall/weekly heroic.

Bizazedo

Patch notes are good. Slightly worried about my Vanquisher VIII for PvP, but worst case scenario I have a Shingen-E with a stability perk and stability upgrade. Bar is 100% full haha.

Why the fuck does everyone and their mother have a Mythoclast? Thank god that shit is getting a nerf.

Indeed. I was in one Iron Banner match last night and there were four of them. Considering the % of people with the hard raid mode trophy / achievement, that's a bit silly.

I'm assuming an Atheon cheese fix is coming, too, but it's probably harder to fix / fixing the Templar will help some of the people down in getting there. Of course, if people share checkpoints, meh....

SkylineRKR

That's too bad, I just got it on Saturday and haven't even begun leveling it yet. Going to use the hell out of it for the nightly and weekly though for that nice void burn :)

Its absolutely shredding through Void Burn events. For that reason alone everyone should at least keep it.

blackflag

Really really excited about this patch. Bungie is slowly moving in the right direction. Crucible has been a mess with all the insta-shotgun kills and SUROS Regime dominance. I can't wait for the playing field to diversify and scout rifles to finally make an appearance. My MIDA Multi Tool is already a beast, but it's going to wreck fools now.

Now...PLEASE...let us disable the crucible announcer. "Zone secured" type of messages are okay because they contribute to gameplay, but all of the extra fluff like

"your light is better than this"
"you misjudged your enemy"
"this is a massacre"

try playing crucible for more than an hour. You will not be able to tolerate this guy. It's cringe-worthy in the worst way possible.

Bungie - please give us some audio options. I am NOT referring to matchmaking chat, and neither was the latest mail sack guy. We want to disable music and voice sometimes. It's 2014 and everyone else is allowing it in their games.

If you think that Suros isn't going to dominate or that scout rifles are suddenly going to be awesome in PVP I think you are gonna be surprised. I have both Suros and Mida so if it did I'd be fine but it's not going to work out that way imo.

Daemul

I'm currently in the middle of a hard mode Raid, but I can't hold my excitement. I finally got the final raid piece I need! WOOH!

old-man-dances-tosses-canes-2.gif

Level 30 here I come!

Had a pretty good long weekend.
Friday: Beat weekly strike and nightfall to somehow gather 14 strange coins to buy my icebreaker
Saturday: Finished up the exotic bounty for PI (though I guess will be not as great now)
Sunday: Played some good strikes and did most of the vault, got some raid boots.
Monday: Finally beat Atheon for the first time. A guy dropped out so there was only 5 of us, but we were actually doing better without him. Was able to get a sixth completely out of the blue (guy saw my lfg from like 45 minutes before) and we absolutely destroyed Atheon on our second try. Who needs to cheese when you're a well-oiled machine?!

Mattiator

Sweet, wasn't anything against you or anything just wanted to know so I cam arrange the rest of my friends so we can accommodate :D

But sounds like you're going to fit in just fine!

Perfect I got a baby and a toddler at home so it will be during nap time and hopefully we can get through it in a reasonable amount of time :)

Skele7on

Banned
peoples doing hard mode raid?

What level are you guys, ones that actually completed it?

Perfect I got a baby and a toddler at home so it will be during nap time and hopefully we can get through it in a reasonable amount of time :)

It was just over 2 hours last week. So I expect that to fall dramatically. We messed around for ages on the gorgon chest.

hydruxo

I've said it before, you guys are going to be disappointed if you think the Suros is going to be ineffective now. It has a max stability upgrade that essentially cancels out the stability nerf. And the 2% damage decrease is minor.

recks

Completed Nightfall, got an Legendary engram as reward, which decrypted into 2 shards.

I'm sure one day RNG will bless me with something to use my 53 shards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom