• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

Geat/Good
The last Word
Hawkmoon
Suros Regime
The Universal Remote
Thunderlord
Gjallarhorn
Invective
Icebreaker
Patience and Time

Truth
Plan C

Decent - - -
Hardlight
Midas Multi Tool

Yeh, "two".

I know I've forgotten some.

I got the Universal Remote from the Raid, is it really one of the best ones? I just unlocked the final unique upgrade but haven't used it yet in PvP, and the thought of running two shotguns on my Titan sounds awesome.

Zakalwe

Banned
I got the Universal Remote from the Raid, is it really one of the best ones? I just unlocked the final unique upgrade but haven't used it yet in PvP, and the thought of running two shotguns on my Titan sounds awesome.

It's a great pvp weapon if you like shotguns. It's a good shotgun itself with great range, and running dual shotguns or a shotgun/sniper or shotgun/fusion is a lot of fun.

It's a bit underwhelming in pve.

rdrr gnr

It's not. And the incoming nerf won't help it. It just doesn't make sense to have a primary shotty equipped as my rare Suros shotgun from the gunsmith has as much range.

EL CUCO

178 marks and 66 till I cap for the week.

I need to buy something and I really want the Shadow Price, but I'll wait to see what the general consensus is after today's nerf.

hydruxo

As I was saying a couple posts before, it depends on your playstyle.
If you favor a high fire rate versus impact, go for the Proxima Centauri. Otherwise, like myself, you should rather choose the A.1F19X-RYL.
I'd rather have my shots kill my targets one by one with criticals rather than having to fire several shots.

Gotcha, thanks for the insight. I've only briefly used scout rifles so I haven't paid attention to which ones are best. Should be fun to use with the buff though.

Can I solo the nightfall at 27? Both of my characters are there, probably won't hit 28 on my warlock until later this week. I have an ice breaker and a supremacy with void damage. I'm the highest level player of the group of guys I play with, would it be worthwhile to bring a level 26 with me or is it just a hassle? Tried last weeks nightfall but couldn't clear it.

ocean

Banned
Yeah wtf nightfall gives exotics? I got 5 ass energies and 9 shards the two times i did it.
I've run Nightfall 4 times. Always Strange Coins and/or Ascendant Materials. Today? No Backup Plans (Exotic Gauntlets for my Titan).

Believe. Weekly 28 gave me a Bad Seed Legendary Pulse Rifle too. I'm on a roll! But upgrading all this shit is impossible.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Another raid, got Suros this time. Always wanted that rifle.

My friend has been stuck on 29 for 3 weeks now. I feel so bad for him. He just needs 1 piece and it never drops haha :(

noomi

Guys, is the patch live? Curious how the Aurora ship looks like after the update, hope they don't make it too shitty looking :( It's my fav one

Zakalwe

Banned
It's not. And the incoming nerf won't help it. It just doesn't make sense to have a primary shotty equipped as my rare Suros shotgun from the gunsmith has as much range.

The "sense" is in having dual shotguns, shotgun with primary ammo, a shotgun/sniper, or a shotgun fusion.

It's not the best shotgun, no, but it's a good shotgun and it's real benefit is the explanation above.

I've run Nightfall 4 times. Always Strange Coins and/or Ascendant Materials. Today? No Backup Plans (Exotic Gauntlets for my Titan).

Believe. Weekly 28 gave me a Bad Seed Legendary Pulse Rifle too. I'm on a roll! But upgrading all this shit is impossible.

Wow. I just get mats. Maybe they've upped the chances of getting decent shit from them this week?

Yes its normal Raid :)

This was the weapon I wanted, but I never thought I get it so I upgraded a vendor one... gonna dismantle that.

Yeah. I have yet to mess around with an exotic primary (and don't really want to at this point with the Ice Breaker and Invective filling most needs... still hunting a void fusion rifle though), but it's the best gun in the game in my opinion if it has the Field Scout and fast reload perks.

Basically just hold down R2 until everything is dead.

Wish they'd just nerf the auto rifle in crucible instead of of PvE also. Shit seems like some pretty big changes. Hope my exotic doesn't feel way weaker. Pretty shitty for them to do this, but make exotics better later. Could have at least done both at the same time.

deftangel

took a programming course
Sooo... is anyone playing on 360, who hasn't tackled the raid, and would like to do so fresh i.e. without following a guide/cheesing?
Thought not :(

I'm on 360 and haven't done the Raid yet. Level 27 Warlock with Red Death, Epitah 2261 and The Cure (none fully upgraded yet). UK based though but feel free to ping me a FR on Live if you're still looking.

Zephyl

Another raid, got Suros this time. Always wanted that rifle.

My friend has been stuck on 29 for 3 weeks now. I feel so bad for him. He just needs 1 piece and it never drops haha :(
I feel your friends pain lol. Besides that anyone know when the patch is going live?

rdrr gnr

The "sense" is in having dual shotguns, shotgun with primary ammo, a shotgun/sniper, or a shotgun fusion.

It's not the best shotgun, no, but it's a good shotgun and it's real benefit is the explanation above.
I mean I guess that great for people who don't want a shotty taking up the special slot, but it's an exotic that is outclassed by a rare Suros from the gunsmith.
Nope, first one.
It's very good.

Really really excited about this patch. Bungie is slowly moving in the right direction. Crucible has been a mess with all the insta-shotgun kills and SUROS Regime dominance. I can't wait for the playing field to diversify and scout rifles to finally make an appearance. My MIDA Multi Tool is already a beast, but it's going to wreck fools now.

Now...PLEASE...let us disable the crucible announcer. "Zone secured" type of messages are okay because they contribute to gameplay, but all of the extra fluff like

"your light is better than this"
"you misjudged your enemy"
"this is a massacre"

try playing crucible for more than an hour. You will not be able to tolerate this guy. It's cringe-worthy in the worst way possible.

Bungie - please give us some audio options. I am NOT referring to matchmaking chat, and neither was the latest mail sack guy. We want to disable music and voice sometimes. It's 2014 and everyone else is allowing it in their games.

Anyone have any experience with the conflux pulse rifle and pulse rifles in general in pvp? I got one from nightfall last night and it seems to have a high fire rate and good stability (but a small mag). I don't know if it is worth spending the time to upgrade or should I focus on somwthing else. I have been running suros in pvp for weeks now and hope that it is made less godly so that I can start experimenting with other tools.

Also, does it seem possible to solo this week's nightfall with a level 26 titan? My warlock won't have any issues, but I am lothe to spend materials to upgrade my titan armor unless it is absolutely necessary. I did solo last week's nightfall at level 26 but got by with range and camping out of bounds....

gatti-man

Wish they'd just nerf the auto rifle in crucible instead of of PvE also. Shit seems like some pretty big changes. Hope my exotic doesn't feel way weaker. Pretty shitty for them to do this, but make exotics better later. Could have at least done both at the same time.

Yeah this is kicking me in the nuts too. Ive been building my weapons around the vex so i didnt buy the ice breaker and bought a legendary sniper. Now its cut 34% i mean i expected a nerf but holy shit thats strongest nerf ive ever heard of.

rdrr gnr

Really really excited about this patch. Bungie is slowly moving in the right direction. Crucible has been a mess with all the insta-shotgun kills and SUROS Regime dominance. I can't wait for the playing field to diversify and scout rifles to finally make an appearance. My MIDA Multi Tool is already a beast, but it's going to wreck fools now.

Now...PLEASE...let us disable the crucible announcer. "Zone secured" type of messages are okay because they contribute to gameplay, but all of the extra fluff like

"your light is better than this"
"you misjudged your enemy"
"this is a massacre"

try playing crucible for more than an hour. You will not be able to tolerate this guy. It's cringe-worthy in the worst way possible.

Bungie - please give us some audio options. I am NOT referring to matchmaking chat, and neither was the latest mail sack guy. We want to disable music and voice sometimes. It's 2014 and everyone else is allowing it in their games.
YOU'RE CRUSHING THEM

Your Team: 7580
Enemy:7550

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah this is kicking me in the nuts too. Ive been building my weapons around the vex so i didnt buy the ice breaker and bought a legendary sniper. Now its cut 34% i mean i expected a nerf but holy shit thats strongest nerf ive ever heard of.

Can't believe you passed up the IB. Though I do agree the nerf was pretty heavy, and I think a combo of something like VoC and IB would be probably best now.

Rubenov

Which reminds me. We really should have a guide for people who are unfamiliar with MMO terms.

LFM - LOOKING FOR MORE (group forming)
LFG - LOOKING FOR GROUP (starting or looking to get into a group)

Thanks. I thought LFM meant looking for mate.

VsyAUzu.jpg

Totally the same voice

Deku Tree

How do I get the special Destiny setting for the Playstation gold headset? Is it better than the default setting? Thanks!

Wondering how this patch will impact my doctor nope. It's already hard to keep the thing steady.

I have the same question about my Hex Caster ARC. The thing already has minimal impact and an extremely high rate of fire and lots of bullets and very difficult handling...

gatti-man

Can't believe you passed up the IB. Though I do agree the nerf was pretty heavy, and I think a combo of something like VoC and IB would be probably best now.

I figured by the time bungie nerfed it i would roll one in the raid and the nerf wouldnt be that bad. Wrong on both counts.

Question.... I ran Nightfall last night (Archon Priest) solo, was my second time, do rewards only drop the first run through? I got nothing at reward screen. RNG at its finest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom