• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is not a surprise at all. This is exactly how they handled Halo.

That is exactly my point. Halo is a different game from a different time, and Bungie now has the opportunity to evolve beyond Halo.

Destiny is something different. Something bigger, with greater depth and a longer lifespan. In a loot game/RPG/MMO whatever you want to call Destiny, replayability is key. Us players have to be able to adjust certain settings if the developer wants us to stick around...and us sticking around was Bungie's mission with Destiny from the very beginning.

I'm going to get sick of this game and put it down way sooner if I cannot disable the crucible announcer or adjust the volume level of the music while I play.

Nameless

What the fuck is the point of the pulse rifle? I don't mean how weak it is, but what role it plays that the auto/scout can't fulfill? It seems like something that was supposed to play that BR role, but it doesn't. That slot should probably go to a submachine archetype or something else.

Agreed. I loved them early in the game, then I got a decent AR and never had a reason to go back. If you can aim and understand the concept of burst fire then an AR literally does everything a pulse can do. I'd also say the that Scout Rifles are similarly useless, but Bungie seems intent on nerfing Autos until we're forced to use inferior rifles.

Cleared the Nightfall last night!

We stayed near the beginning, around the cliffs, and slowly whittled away at the priest. Actually, halfway through, I attempted to get to the platform cheese spot, just so we could have another angle, and was promply killed 20 feet from the rest of my teammates. They didn't have another chance to save me, unfortunately, haha, so I spent the rest of the round calling out enemy positions.

Is Plan C any good? It's the exotic I got. I'm not crazy about it so far. My other friends got a legendary scout rifle and an exotic auto.

That is exactly my point. Halo is a different game from a different time, and Bungie now has the opportunity to evolve beyond Halo.

Destiny is something different. Something bigger, with greater depth and a longer lifespan. In a loot game/RPG/MMO whatever you want to call Destiny, replayability is key. Us players have to be able to adjust certain settings if the developer wants us to stick around...and us sticking around was Bungie's mission with Destiny from the very beginning.

I agree with you. well said.

blackflag

peoples doing hard mode raid?

What level are you guys, ones that actually completed it?

It was just over 2 hours last week. So I expect that to fall dramatically. We messed around for ages on the gorgon chest.

Did it last night at 29. We had 2 30s. Gatekeeper was harder than Atheon. We didn't cheese it.

E92 M3

I'm currently in the middle of a hard mode Raid, but I can't hold my excitement. I finally got the final raid piece I need! WOOH!

old-man-dances-tosses-canes-2.gif

Level 30 here I come!

Congrats :) Can't wait for my last piece. I will be ecstatic.

I've said it before, you guys are going to be disappointed if you think the Suros is going to be ineffective now. It has a max stability upgrade that essentially cancels out the stability nerf. And the 2% damage decrease is minor.

That's what I've been thinking since the patch was announced. Back to Suros being the best gun, but hopefully I am wrong.

Skele7on

Banned
Perfect I got a baby and a toddler at home so it will be during nap time and hopefully we can get through it in a reasonable amount of time :)

Did it last night at 29. We had 2 30s. Gatekeeper was harder than Atheon. We didn't cheese it.

good to know! that was exactly what I was thinking!

Please drop me some raid gear today raid.... I have enough shards now drop gauntlets and some boots!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
HOLY SHIT is Control depressing when the other team is able to dig into B and C on Blind Watch. Kept getting paired against a fucking clan (most likely with mics) and one of them had a Mythoclast. They just cover the choke points sit pretty while the Heavy ammo spawns in their area. There was literally nothing I could do. Horrible map design.

Bizazedo

So the hotfix will be pretty good, overall, for the game.....so that's nice.

I got to rank 3 Iron Banner, though, and never got the ship. I didn't play a ton of games after hitting rank 3, but still. Kind of annoying. Hopefully, they don't wipe our progress. The one interesting thing was after hitting rank 3, the rep stops. You can't raise it further. Maybe they'll add more ranks afterwards?

I got 3 Timur's Lashes, though. How good is this Handcannon compared to others? Got a few different perks on them. One has a randomly increase size of magazine.

HOLY SHIT is Control depressing when the other team is able to dig into B and C on Blind Watch. Kept getting paired with a fucking clan (most likely with mics) and one of them had a Mythoclast. They just cover the choke points sit pretty while the Heavy ammo spawns in their area. There was literally nothing I could do.
Ayup :(. Did anyone ask DeeJ about Blind Watch on the interview yesterday?

I'm going to get sick of this game and put it down way sooner if I cannot disable the crucible announcer or adjust the volume level of the music while I play.

Late to the party here, but what settings do you want to be able to change, exactly?

rdrr gnr

Agreed. I loved them early in the game, then I got a decent AR and never had a reason to go back. If you can aim and understand the concept of burst fire then an AR literally does everything a pulse can do. I'd also say the that Scout Rifles are similarly useless, but Bungie seems intent on nerfing Autos until we're forced to use inferior rifles.
I know almost everyone on this forum is guilty of being an arm chair game designer. But, holy fuck. Do you not play your own game?

R0ckman

Okay so does Bungie not know how to properly nerf things or? What's the point of the Pocket Infinity with a 3 mag clip? It's barely worth calling it an exotic now. This is why I hate nerf begging its rarely ever done properly enough to be the immediate go to solution.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've said it before, you guys are going to be disappointed if you think the Suros is going to be ineffective now. It has a max stability upgrade that essentially cancels out the stability nerf. And the 2% damage decrease is minor.

I haven't seen anyone saying that Suros would be ineffective now. It won't be AS effective - at the very least, headshots are less damage, which is actually a pretty significant hurt on DPS since the gun was a headshot machine.

E92 M3

Okay so does Bungie not know how to properly nerf things or? What's the point of the Pocket Infinity with a 3 mag clip? It's barely worth calling it an exotic now. This is why I hate nerf begging its rarely ever done properly enough to be the immediate go to solution.

Bungie hasn't nerfed things properly since the Halo 3 (the worst Halo sandbox) beta.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'm willing to bet that even with the change, PI can dish out more damage by a large margin than any other fusion rifle. In the time it takes to fire one shot and recharge for the second shot, the PI has spit out 3 shots. I don't have much problem with this change...

Biggest complaint overall is that everyone who wants to be the max level gets funneled into the same exact armor set with at most one variable due to exotics. Everyone looks the same but with different colors. Overall there isn't much visual difference between lower end gear either.

Other than that lack of individuality I quite enjoy this even with the constant replaying of missions. Don't see it much different than constantly replaying the same multiplayer maps in other games.

Nameless

I know almost everyone on this forum is guilty of being an arm chair game designer. But, holy fuck. Do you not play your own game?

I've played this game an unhealthy amount and literally, at no point, have I had a moment where I needed to switch an AR out for a pulse rifle. I'm running pure meritocracy over here when it comes to weapons, and PRs simply never get any prolonged usage.

Maybe the audio settings are more likely to happen with Marty gone

I was hoping so, but in the latest mail sack someone asked about them and Deej dodged the question by pretending he thought they were asking about voice chat in matchmaking.

Urk did the same thing one time when someone asked him about the launch game having more character customization than what we saw in the beta. He answered as if they were asking about weapons and gear...and then the game launched with the exact same character customization options from the beta.

Fixed1979

Bungie keeps listing the version number in their patch notes.

Where can I find the current version number in-game?

If you're PS4 then you should be able to hit options on Destiny from the dashboard and select updates (can't remember what it's actually called). I would expect the number to be there.

VoC is the new mythoclast

HA, I wish! Would be set with mine maxed out.

You guys blow your Raid loads way too soon. Wouldn't it be better to do it around the weekends (fridays, saturdays and sundays)? Work and RL don't allow me such commitments during the week. And so far I only got to do the last 2 sections of the Raid...

I need Raid gear...

Zakalwe

Banned
I've played this game an unhealthy amount and literally, at no point, have I had a moment where I needed to switch an AR out for a pulse rifle. I'm running pure meritocracy over here when it comes to weapons, and PRs simply never get any prolonged usage.

Right, so them "nerfing auto rifles until we're forced to use inferior rifles" really means "ARs are too dominant, so let's give people more options".

I was hoping so, but in the latest mail sack someone asked about them and Deej dodged the question by pretending he thought they were asking about voice chat in matchmaking.

Urk did the same thing one time when someone asked him about the launch game having more character customization than what we saw in the beta. He answered as if they were asking about weapons and gear...and then the game launched with the exact same character customization options from the beta.

I wonder if they ever feel bad about the spin. I mean, do they ever meet someone who looks them in the eye while they're talking their PR and makes them feel a smidgen of shame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom