• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidko

I was hoping so, but in the latest mail sack someone asked about them and Deej dodged the question by pretending he thought they were asking about voice chat in matchmaking.

Urk did the same thing one time when someone asked him about the launch game having more character customization than what we saw in the beta. He answered as if they were asking about weapons and gear...and then the game launched with the exact same character customization options from the beta.

Give it time. This kind of change isn't easy. Most of the time, you can't "just slap on some volume sliders". It will likely require a refactor of how the sounds are grouped, which means essentially modifying every asset.

SAiLO

Ive got 2 questions about Exotic weapon bounties. First of all, i just started the one for Thorn and im on the part that says Harvest the energies of Hive on the Moon to activate this weapon. What weapon do I need to use to get these kills? My second question is whats the easiest way to get the 200 kills for the pocket infinity bounty in the nightfall?

Doesn't matter what you use, you just need to kill Hive. I just played the "We've woken the hive" farming spot over and over until I had it done.

Best thing to do is killing the majors - you get more points and can finish this part of the bounty quicker. Two hallowed knights at the entrance respawn frequently if you move away from the area and come back.

I was hoping so, but in the latest mail sack someone asked about them and Deej dodged the question by pretending he thought they were asking about voice chat in matchmaking.

Urk did the same thing one time when someone asked him about the launch game having more character customization than what we saw in the beta. He answered as if they were asking about weapons and gear...and then the game launched with the exact same character customization options from the beta.

these guys are the masters of PR speak and dodging questions. When somebody asked Deej/Urk about clan implementation for the full-game they went on about what they hoped clans would mean. Never answered that "clans don't have any purpose besides a tag under your name" and let us move on from the topic.

Give it time. This kind of change isn't easy. Most of the time, you can't "just slap on some volume sliders". It will likely require a refactor of how the sounds are grouped, which means essentially modifying every asset.

Agreed, and like I said in an earlier post - we the players shouldn't have to tell Bungie that volume sliders are pretty much mandatory in a game like this.

They are creating more work for themselves and unfortunately learning a lot of things the hard way with this game.

these guys are the masters of PR speak and dodging questions. When somebody asked Deej/Urk about clan implementation for the full-game they went on about what they hoped clans would mean. Never answered that "clans don't have any purpose besides a tag under your name" and let us move on from the topic.
Yep, I actually just removed myself from my clan because the "DestinyGAF NA Clan 3" on my nameplate was pointless and cluttering.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Congratulations on beating the Nightfall. Here are your Ascendent Shards.

ibdXh3x4oTL9A0.gif

I've played this game an unhealthy amount and literally, at no point, have I had a moment where I needed to switch an AR out for a pulse rifle. I'm running pure meritocracy over here when it comes to weapons, and PRs simply never get any prolonged usage.

I have a nice pulse i use with the hip-fire bonus and heavy caliber rounds that stagger. Works just as well as my Grim Cit III with the bonus of slowing and staggering Mins and Prats in the VoG as well as instant reloads.

Do any assault rifles utilize armor piercing or staggering rounds? That would be very useful.

Zakalwe

Banned

I wouldn't be able to do the job they do. Takes a special type of person.

Bizazedo

HA, I wish! Would be set with mine maxed out.

You guys blow your Raid loads way too soon. Wouldn't it be better to do it around the weekends (fridays, saturdays and sundays)?
The thirst is real for some, I guess :).

But yeah, Nightfalls > Raids, importance wise. Should always go Nightfall first and then whatever due to the Rep buff.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
THIS. Mother of god let me please turn down the music!!!! And let me skip cutscenes after watching them once.

I really can't understand how Bungie could test this game and not realize that sound/music sliders would help so much. Of course, these are the same developers that thought, "Hmm, let's make a dedicated sitting on the floor button and make the players navigate through a few menus in order to use an ammo pack."

I wouldn't be able to do the job they do. Takes a special type of person.

I can't blame them, I'm sure this wasn't the vision they had for the game whatsoever so they had to try and divert any negativity away. But with the writing style of Deej I'm starting to think he went into the wrong line of work. He should be going to interviews as the reincarnation of JRR Tolkien. With his overly-elaborate style.

Bizazedo

Need more tears / hostility.

I can't wait until class re-balancing. Hunters need nerf / Titans buffed. Warlocks seem great as is, use them as a baseline :).

I really can't understand how Bungie could test this game and not realize that sound/music sliders would help so much. Of course, these are the same developers that thought, "Hmm, let's make a dedicated sitting on the floor button and make the players navigate through a few menus in order to use an ammo pack."

Sitting on the floor, which no one does = one tap of a button

Mounting up on your sparrow, which we all do all the time = press the touch pad, and then hold square for three seconds

wat

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
This weeks Nightfall was dreadfully easy, at least solo. Most likely because of Icebreaker. And the switch to void weapon when needing to take down shielded mobs helped severely. Heck... I don't know. All I know is that I feel an Icebreaker fix/nerf coming sooner rather than later. Reluctantly of course.

Got some legendary sniper rifle for it- goes straight into the vault for my alt.

Rixxan

Gotta say as a pretty successful grim citizen user i'm worried about this nerf

i hopped on this morning and dropped a nice round in the crucible but i guess it hadnt even been patched at that point

I feel like suros users have nothing to worry about because of its high stability, but the citizen has a pretty suspect stability statline to begin with, at least when compared to some of the other popular ARs

that being said im pretty beast with it so maybe ill manage

ugh i hate the uncertainty, lol

Nameless

Right, so them "nerfing auto rifles until we're forced to use inferior rifles" really means "ARs are too dominant, so let's give people more options".

Just because a weapon is effective, or even most effective, doesn't mean it's OP. It certainly doesn't mean they need an across the board nerf as a cockamamie way to get people to use other weapons.

Malo

Banned
Got two vex mythoclast, two legendary ships, legendary sparrow, and legendary raid helm for my titans from doing the hard raid twice. Thank you RNGesus.

I got in a couple of games of pvp before the hot fix and holy shit the mythoclast is ridiculous.

Hoodbury

HOLY SHIT is Control depressing when the other team is able to dig into B and C on Blind Watch. Kept getting paired against a fucking clan (most likely with mics) and one of them had a Mythoclast. They just cover the choke points sit pretty while the Heavy ammo spawns in their area. There was literally nothing I could do. Horrible map design.

It's way more depressing when your team controls B and C and everything is going fine and dandy and then some numbnuts goes and caps A and everything flips and you end up losing due to that.

Respect

I'm willing to bet that even with the change, PI can dish out more damage by a large margin than any other fusion rifle. In the time it takes to fire one shot and recharge for the second shot, the PI has spit out 3 shots. I don't have much problem with this change...

I've actually been using my PI with the stability perk ever since I unlocked it...it was just too uncontrollable for me to be effective. Did fine in PvE and PvP...though I did use the 8 clip mag on hardmode raid and worked nicely on the gatekeeper praetorians.

I'm 2 shards and a lot of a filaments away from being able to hit 29 but I have zero Raid gear so it's pointless.

Yeah it was, thanks for accepting my request.

But if you can get to 29 then you can do the hard raid (without being a total liability) which gets you a lot more gear per run. I'd rather spend the shards to hit 29, do the hard raid and get my raid gear (and shards hopefully) that way.

Edit: filaments are the easiest material to get in the game... so... I don't feel bad for you on that one.

Zakalwe

Banned
I can't blame them, I'm sure this wasn't the vision they had for the game whatsoever so they had to try and divert any negativity away. But with the writing style of Deej I'm starting to think he went into the wrong line of work. He should be going to interviews as the reincarnation of JRR Tolkien. With his overly-elaborate style.

I get why they feel the need to mitigate, sure.

I have no idea why anyone thought Deej's condescending and self-important prose was a good idea, though.

Bizazedo

It's way more depressing when your team controls B and C and everything is going fine and dandy and then some numbnuts goes and caps A and everything flips and you end up losing due to that.

Even worse is when you're stuck at A and you see that moron from the opposing team going to cap A.

And then your team kills him.

:(.

E92 M3

Prediction: The Last Word becomes one of the best and most coveted PvP weapons in the coming weeks.

I've been anticipating that as well. It's already one of the best - and I hope to get it one day.

Congratulations on beating the Nightfall. Here are your Ascendent Shards.

ibdXh3x4oTL9A0.gif

To me, that's a better reward than an exotic I won't use. 10-12 ascended shards would be great. Last week's nightfall I only got a legendary engram. Doesn't get worse than that lol.

kaiiri

thought maybe it wouldn't be possible to solo this nightfall since the only void weapons I have are blue but I diiiid it!! XD felt good! .. tho I only got a grim citizen as my reward..lawl. least I get the buff for the rest of the week. XD

Zakalwe

Banned
Just because a weapon is effective, or even most effective, doesn't mean it's OP. It certainly doesn't mean they need an across the board nerf as a cockamamie way to get people to use other weapons.

What would you do instead?

Bear in mind that if they buff other sustained damage weapons to AR efficiency then TTK would raise.

And it wasn't just a weapon, but almost an entire weapon class.

I've been anticipating that as well. It's already one of the best - and I hope to get it one day.

To me, that's a better reward than an exotic I won't use. 10-12 ascended shards would be great. Last week's nightfall I only got a legendary engram. Doesn't get worse than that lol.

I think ascendant energy would be worse than a legendary engram... but that's coming from someone who has a metric fuck ton of energy.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
The problem with the AR was that it was good at almost any range. It didn't really have a specialty. I really thought they would just make the dmg falloff sooner.

I have no idea why anyone thought Deej's condescending and self-important prose was a good idea, though.

Especially after Frankie had the job and was basically the exact opposite.

He was direct and to-the-point, humorous and charming and had legitimate passion for the game.

He would write paragraphs upon paragraphs filled with glee about the water systems in Halo 2 and 3. It was great.

E92 M3

I think ascendant energy would be worse than a legendary engram... but that's coming from someone who has a metric fuck ton of energy.

I have a shit ton, but always welcome more. They will always have a use of some kind. With legendary engram the chances are it's for a piece I wont equip.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This weeks Nightfall was dreadfully easy, at least solo. Most likely because of Icebreaker. And the switch to void weapon when needing to take down shielded mobs helped severely. Heck... I don't know. All I know is that I feel an Icebreaker fix/nerf coming sooner rather than later. Reluctantly of course.

So far every nightfall has been perfectly soloable without an ice breaker, so I don't think that's the issue.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
But if you can get to 29 then you can do the hard raid (without being a total liability) which gets you a lot more gear per run. I'd rather spend the shards to hit 29, do the hard raid and get my raid gear (and shards hopefully) that way.

Edit: filaments are the easiest material to get in the game... so... I don't feel bad for you on that one.

Wasn't asking for your sympathy, merely voicing frustration. My group isn't ready for hard raids and the nerf to the Mythoclast makes it unappealing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom