• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

is the fix patch up yet? i'm trying to see what it feels like

for some reason, all this "nerfing" doesn't inspire much confidence, granted some things were overpowered but i hope they won't be patching every time people complain about something

I have a shit ton, but always welcome more. They will always have a use of some kind. With legendary engram the chances are it's for a piece I wont equip.

Fair enough. I am just pretty set on my weapons right now. Really just need a good void special/heavy (non-shotgun) and a legendary hand cannon at the moment to fill out my "most wanted" list. So the energies aren't at the top of my priority list.

Shards on the other hand... I have four right now and need another 20 to hit level 29. I cannot seem to get them.

is the fix patch up yet? i'm trying to see what it feels like

for some reason, all this "nerfing" doesn't inspire much confidence, granted some things were overpowered but i hope they won't be patching every time people complain about something

It's not all nerfs - scout rifles will be receiving a much-needed buff.

Curious how many hours you've logged in crucible if you don't think ARs and shotguns needed a nerf.

Wasn't asking for your sympathy, merely voicing frustration. My group isn't ready for hard raids and the nerf to the Mythoclast makes it unappealing anyway.

And I wasn't offering you any sympathy, hence the "I don't feel bad for you" statement.

I was only trying to offer an opinion and some thoughts around your statement. I will refrain from doing that going forward.

Deku Tree

Fair enough. I am just pretty set on my weapons right now. Really just need a good void special/heavy (non-shotgun) and a legendary hand cannon at the moment to fill out my "most wanted" list. So the energies aren't at the top of my priority list.

Shards on the other hand... I have four right now and need another 20 to hit level 29. I cannot seem to get them.

I'm in the opposite boat. Have shards. Have level 29. Need two pieces of raid gear. Need better weapon drops. I have a few exotics, but for some weapons I am still running blues if I want say a machine gun or to use the right burn for a mission with a specific weapon.

Shito

This weeks Nightfall was dreadfully easy, at least solo. Most likely because of Icebreaker. And the switch to void weapon when needing to take down shielded mobs helped severely. Heck... I don't know. All I know is that I feel an Icebreaker fix/nerf coming sooner rather than later. Reluctantly of course.
Nah, we'll be okay: Ice Breaker is meh in PVP.

Flo_Evans

Thanks for he help in nightfall tstrider! Got an exotic chest piece. Now I need to buy a legendary helmet lol.

Wish it was the other Titan one bit oh well.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So far every nightfall has been perfectly soloable without an ice breaker, so I don't think that's the issue.
Mmmmmm. Okay. It's only affecting PvE balance so there's no chorus of people yelling at Bungie to fix it. Guess I'll just carry some of my friends through Nightfall to make up for the disappointing lack of challenge. Heck the only reason it took nearly an hour was because I had to wait for the gun to charge. Maybe AI should be able to shoot at least half as far as your maximum range. They can barely target acquisition because of how far away I usually am. I imagine some of the Strikes are less easy to solo. Like that time I tried to solo the Nexus... Blagh.
Nah, we'll be okay: Ice Breaker is meh in PVP.
Meh is an understatement. Can't collect ammo and don't spawn with ammo. It's useless unless you have 15 seconds to burn getting set up somewhere.

Sitting on the floor, which no one does = one tap of a button

Mounting up on your sparrow, which we all do all the time = press the touch pad, and then hold square for three seconds

wat

Totally agree, the d-pad usage is a head scratcher in the game. There should have have been a contextual popup menu for the silly non-gameplay stuff.

TsuWave

It's not all nerfs - scout rifles will be receiving a much-needed buff.

Curious how many hours you've logged in crucible if you don't think ARs and shotguns needed a nerf.

did you read what i said?

i've logged enough hours in the crucible btw

tumblr_inline_ndfyv2DzDq1r3825d.png

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
that eight bullet clip hurts though

8 is quite manageable IMO. Especially if you have Chain of Woe or perks like"bottom half of magazine", etc.

BAM
BAM
BAM
<----- most things are dead by the time you get here if you're getting precision shots
BAM
BAM
BAM
BAM
BAM

did you read what i said?

Yeah, it sounds like you don't think the nerfs are legitimate and are only based on what the vocal minority is complaining about.

I'm saying after spending dozens of hours in crucible, I think these nerfs will diversify gameplay and have a positive effect on the fun factor in crucible.

Strider

Thanks for he help in nightfall tstrider! Got an exotic chest piece. Now I need to buy a legendary helmet lol.

Wish it was the other Titan one bit oh well.

Still an exotic lol :p I got a legendary engram. I didn't even realize that was a possible reward. Thought it only dropped regular legendaries.

Was good though since it leveled up the cryptarch and the gift gave me 2 more legendary engrams... So no complaints. Although one of these days I hope to see a Last Word or Hawkmoon as a nightfall reward.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Im surprised they havent nerfed the Icebreaker yet.

Meh. It's difficult to use up close and the ammo regen is pretty slow in hectic situations. The dmg is high but not absurdly high. Although I get the feeling we won't see Solar modifiers too often going forward, lol.

Ice Breaker is always Solar, right?

realcZk

I think I saw you guys doing the raid last night (or night before?), were you doing it on hard? How did it go? Good loot?

I should be available to rock around 5:30pm Central.

Yep we beat it on hard, took a break on the weekend and then resumed last night from the gatekeeper. I got the Fatebringer but still need my raid gloves. Ska is 30 now. That new patch though, no more Templar cheese so we have to do it legit again lol.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Meh. It's difficult to use up close and the ammo regen is pretty slow in hectic situations. The dmg is high but not absurdly high. Although I get the feeling we won't see Solar modifiers too often going forward, lol.
The gun itself isnt the issue. The fact that its basically an infinite special ammo synth is lol.

Nameless

What would you do instead?

Bear in mind that if they buff other sustained damage weapons to AR efficiency then TTK would raise.

And it wasn't just a weapon, but almost an entire weapon class.

I'm ok with a 2% damage reduction, but a class wide stability nerf just seems odd and lazy. Handling tweaks should be made on a per weapon basis. Something like Hard Light will probably be totally useless now, where as before, despite its limitations, it still rewarded you for being able to control the recoil(which many of the good ARs do).

Flo_Evans

Still an exotic lol :p I got a legendary engram. I didn't even realize that was a possible reward. Thought it only dropped regular legendaries.

Was good though since it leveled up the cryptarch and the gift gave me 2 more legendary engrams... So no complaints. Although one of these days I hope to see a Last Word or Hawkmoon as a nightfall reward.

Yeah this chest piece makes me look like a ninja turtle. I wonder how fast the revive perk is? Seems kinda lame vs and extra grenade. I think though it's worth having for njghtfall and normal raid maybe to swap out for a tricky revive.

nillapuddin

Beat Raid on Hard last night

Game: Congrats! Here's your Sparrow and 3 Ascendant Energy

Me: ...

I don't think I will ever have the desire to run the raid in hard mode again (sans cheesing) 3 out of the 4 people in my group got sparrow/ship and energy.

Its just debilitating.

One of my friend has run 3 times and still only received shards from 9~ drops, I feel so awful for him. Atleast I got a raid chest piece.

EL CUCO

I've been noticing that there's moments when Sprint is not responding to clicking the stick. At first I thought it was to simulate running fatigue, then I realized the Sprint is unlimited.

I almost wiped yesterday during the 26 Summoning Pits (trying to kill Xyor) because of that. I'm playing on PS4. Is this happening on all platforms?

realcZk

I've been noticing that there's moments when Sprint is not responding to clicking the stick. At first I thought it was to simulate running fatigue, then I realized the Sprint is unlimited.

I almost wiped yesterday during the 26 Summoning Pits (trying to kill Xyor) because of that. I'm playing on PS4. Is this happening on all platforms?

Yeah there's some invisible cooldown on how soon you can sprint after interrupting it. Gotta slow down your spinmetal farming runs somehow.

Jaleel

Noticed this since day 1. PS4 aswell, it only happens when you try to sprint after stopping while sprinting. Like, there is a delay before you can sprint again.

TsuWave

Yeah, it sounds like you don't think the nerfs are legitimate and are only based on what the vocal minority is complaining about.

I'm saying after spending dozens of hours in crucible, I think these nerfs will diversify gameplay and have a positive effect on the fun factor in crucible.

that's your interpretation, i clearly stated some things were/are overpowered.

i'm concerned about the tweaking though, i have a feeling i've spent more hours in the crucible than the average destiny gamer, and i don't want these patches to become a common occurrence, part of the fun on these things is to adapt and overcome

Well that was a little annoying.

I solo'd my way, right up to the door of Mr Sepiks Prime on the nightfall.
Then 2 rude and uninvited friends join me, take down Sepiks, and leave with legendary engrams, Purifier VII, and all I get are 9 strange coins.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm ok with a 2% damage reduction, but a class wide stability nerf just seems odd and lazy. Handling tweaks should be made on a per weapon basis. Something like Hard Light will probably be totally useless now, where as before, despite its limitations, it still rewarded you for being able to control the recoil(which many of the good ARs do).

Isn't that what they did tho? The change to stability varies from 4% to 21%, depending on the weapon.

Yep we beat it on hard, took a break on the weekend and then resumed last night from the gatekeeper. I got the Fatebringer but still need my raid gloves. Ska is 30 now. That new patch though, no more Templar cheese so we have to do it legit again lol.

Wow. Ska is not messing around.

I am 20 shards from 29. Then I'll feel comfortable doing hard raid (maybe this coming weekend if I can manage all those shards).

Can we still run the normal raid later this week? I hear it gives shards. I NEED SHARDS DAMMIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom