• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

arimanius

So I notice no difference with iron banner except I die a lot more when doing fist of havoc before I can get it off.

I'm only 26 with invective and no exotic armor.

RedFury

Iron Banner is great. I normally run about middle with a .50 kd in normal Crucible, but in IB I have been second with a 1.3 kd every time. However, 100 rep to Level 1 is a tease as the next level is 1500. WTF? C'mon, Bungie.
I'm usually #1 overall and now I'm smack dab in the middle. The Titan crucible master is a tease...you don't get the same armor :(

Can't believe I don't know this by now, but what are the main differences between the nightfall and the weekly heroic on the hardest difficulty?

If everyone dies in the NIghtfall, everyone gets sent back to orbit and you have to start from the beginning. In the Weekly, you just restart from the last checkpoint. The Nightfall also has more modifiers like Elemental Burn or Lightswitch. You can view them if you select the strike from the orbit menu.

I haven't got any, either. My two exotic weapons are from exotic bounties. I have all three exotic helmets for my titan, all three I've gotten from Xur.

My buddy got The Last Word and Icebreaker in the raid. I kri evry tiem

Why did you bother buying all three exotic helmets? You could've bought some weapons with those coins.

Buying additional exotic helmets (or any other exotic armor) seems redundant.

Got lucky today on 2 back to back raids.

Got the chest for my warlcock, which was all I needed to get to 30, followed by the exact two raid pieces i needed for my titan to get to 30.

Now I just need a quadrillion shards.

k1t4j

Just sent ya a FR.

OMG i was about to rage so hard....

So after soloing the nightfall until the boss and then getting it at like 10% hp with 2 other gaffers, destiny servers kick me out....

I joined last minute to give the killing blow and get ass shards.

Another gaffer got hard light and the other a legendary shotty. Gratz!!

NastyBook

Shadow Price is a beast, man.

Dr. Nope is an ammo burner that takes ages to kill. Shadow Price's downside is its 25 clip, but it gets the job done MUCH faster and it fires like a dream. I think it does 3x damage over Dr. Nope per bullet, probably more once I've upgraded it at the same level as Nope. Which means those 25 bullets will have caused more destruction than those 70 in the Nope anyway. A Shadow Price with Field Scout is probably lol mode, but I haven't come across it.

Grim Citizen is probably a good bet too, I think its sort of comparable to Shadow Price. Both murder Dr. Nope.
I know what I'm buying from the Vanguard Quartermaster when I get home. :D

ascendant materials should not drop after boss phases.

leave it in the chests.

drop weapons and gear. if people already have it or don't want it, they can dismantle it and get the shards anyway.

Ken

ascendant materials should not drop after boss phases.

leave it in the chests.

drop weapons and gear. if people already have it or don't want it, they can dismantle it and get the shards anyway.

that's not their vision for how people should become legend, obviously

I'm a little pissed off that all of these events are only for high-leveled players. As a level 25, I can't compete in the Iron Banner without getting my butt handed to me.

To make things worse, I'll play Strikes, story missions, and the Crucible, but 90% of the drops I see are Uncommon. I would have thought that by this point I would be seeing Rares way more often. The only pieces of Legendary gear I have came from the Queen's Event, which hardly even counts.

Back to back close Iron Banner matches lost. Both times it was one player on my team that couldn't pull his head out of his own ass long enough to not cost the entire team the match.

I really don't know why I'm bothering. Either I have to be a fucking superhero to get a measly 30 rep or I get nothing at all. It's such a ridiculously flawed system, although not that I'm all that surprised at this point considering how Bungie has handled Destiny thus far.

JNA

Banned

So after soloing the nightfall until the boss and then getting it at like 10% hp with 2 other gaffers, destiny servers kick me out....

That shotty guy was me! XD

No problem for that invite. I tried inviting you a few times before but it wasn't working. PSN being a dick as usual :(.

Nightz

Thanks for the invite! That was my first time doing a nightfall and I was freaking out when you dropped lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom