• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
It's so silly Bungie made these nerfs apply to PvE as well. My sliver of an impact gun, Atheon's Epilogue, is worthless now except for Void burn Nightfalls or Void shielded Vex.

Agreed, why the hell are we getting nerfs for PVE aswell? PVP, I can understand.

What I find funny about the weapon balance update is that they are more or less removing the shotgun range they added in to the final game between beta and launch, lol.

AR's were also dropped a fair bit between the beta and final yet they still dominate, what sort of balancing was going on at bungie?

Nod. PVE: It sucks though, cause as it stands Shotguns are worthless. You never wanna get that close in the first place. The vast majority of fights happen at middle range, which is why AR's shine so bright. Scout Rifles just aren't fast enough, if you are at that range you might as well just use a sniper rifle...especially if you have an Icebreaker. So basically you are gonna use an AR/HC, maybe we will see some more pulse rifle usage. Least they didn't nerf my HC, been using it full time ever since I got the Icebreaker last weekend.

Agreed, why the hell are we getting nerfs for PVE aswell? PVP, I can understand.

Cause it is just easier/lazier to do it this way. People are vastly overstating how often AR's are used in PvE, especially on-level content.

EL CUCO

Is the patch out yet?

No, seriously.

Did the patch go live?

SfkVKM6.jpg

ZOONAMI

Maybe bladedancer isn't that OP, but issues with garbage P2P PvP makes it come across as such? I don't know, but something needs to be done to it or about it so dancer can be countered more reliably.

Now it seems like roll of a dice each time even when you think you can take him out.

ARs and Shotguns losing "long range" damage boosts FR's by that %, basically. FR's already hit like fucking truck, most of the time straight out OHK, at very large range spread. I suspect we will see a lot more FR spammers after patch, it makes shotguns less viable after all.

P.S. Shotguns were already borderline useless in PvE, now total garbage?

I get killed by nova bomb and titan smash way more often than by a blade dancer. I am a blade dancer, and there are many times that I am countered or the timing of activation is off and I get slaughtered. Bladedancer is not OP for PVP, I'd say titan might be best class for PvP, as it seems like they consistently take the most shots to put down. All three classes have their pros and cons, I honestly think the classes are pretty well balanced in PvP.

E92 M3

Anyone ever notice the game glitching and the raid gloves not increasing the reload speed with special weapons? I've had that happen once and had to re-equip it to gain the reload buff.

It's so silly Bungie made these nerfs apply to PvE as well. My sliver of an impact gun, Atheon's Epilogue, is worthless now except for Void burn Nightfalls or Void shielded Vex.

Pretty much. That thing has NO impact at all. And part of me thinks it's much slower and equal range when popping shields compared to my light/beware fusion. It's a raid weapon that's pretty much useless... so unfortunate.

Nodnol

Woop Woop just soloed the Nightfall in about 20 minutes.

Legendary Fusion Rifle for my troubles, but I'm more concerned with the XP boost over anythIng else.

Edit: Just got booted to the title screen as I was heading to orbit. Damn that was good timing!

AR's were also dropped a fair bit between the beta and final yet they still dominate, what sort of balancing was going on at bungie?

Nod. PVE: It sucks though, cause as it stands Shotguns are worthless. You never wanna get that close in the first place. The vast majority of fights happen at middle range, which is why AR's shine so bright. Scout Rifles just aren't fast enough, if you are at that range you might as well just use a sniper rifle...especially if you have an Icebreaker. So basically you are gonna use an AR/HC, maybe we will see some more pulse rifle usage. Least they didn't nerf my HC, been using it full time ever since I got the Icebreaker last weekend.

ARs are arguably the benchmark for FPS gameplay. I agree that the reason they "dominate" so much is that the majority of PvP is done at mid range - especially in a game with devastatingly good melee attacks.

Maybe bladedancer isn't that OP, but issues with garbage P2P PvP makes it come across as such? I don't know, but something needs to be done to it or about it so dancer can be countered more reliably.

Now it seems like roll of a dice each time even when you think you can take him out.

The only thing I would change with bladedancer is a decrease i the amount of time the super is active. A striker, voidwalker and the golden gun can all get 2 to 3 kills without issue, so rhe dancer should be able to do the same. Making it easier to counter would just make it useless. I think the sunsinger revive should be tweaked as well so jat the actual revive eats half the super bar - you will get a kill or two just from a tactical revive and you maintain the initiative. Striker should be marginally more vulnerable or have more frames in activation to bring their super in line with the voidwalker.

I started out in pvp as a bladedancer but actually found the grenades and super of the voidwalker to provide many more options. I have since switched to a stiker with the shoulder bash option. I find the striker to be the most powerful option and have seen my kdr increase considerably since switching classes. The shoulder bash is just to powerful on any close quarters map and the super has such a short activation time plus an over time aoe. Mobility isn't an issue and a solid shotty (invisible hand) and ar (regime) mixed with an very fast melee (chance of reset) give me options at each engagement distance. I also run with the swarm which seems much more powerful than the zombie apocalypse.

1 raid armour piece away from being able to get to 30 woohoo!

Anyone want to nightfall?

I'm worried about the patch booting us mid game

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Send a FR!

Bizazedo

I get killed by nova bomb and titan smash way more often than by a blade dancer. I am a blade dancer, and there are many times that I am countered or the timing of activation is off and I get slaughtered. Bladedancer is not OP for PVP, I'd say titan might be best class for PvP, as it seems like they consistently take the most shots to put down. All three classes have their pros and cons, I honestly think the classes are pretty well balanced in PvP.

The problem with the bolded is, as a Titan, I am also gunned down a lot before I can Fist of Havoc. So the bold doesn't mean anything besides I, as a Titan, or you as a Bladedancer, screwed up. That's what dying means, we employed our supers incorrectly.

You have to look at the upper end of when they're used properly and there Bladedancer is hands down the best.

Completed the normal raid just in time for the reboot. Got shards, energy, another raid chest armor and Vision of Confluence. Not a bad haul at all. Just need to do on Hard now.

I am a blade dancer, and there are many times that I am countered or the timing of activation is off and I get slaughtered. Bladedancer is not OP for PVP, I'd say titan might be best class for PvP, as it seems like they consistently take the most shots to put down. All three classes have their pros and cons, I honestly think the classes are pretty well balanced in PvP.

How are you countered?

The additional armor of the Titan in PvP is rather moot, you are talking at most 2 additional shots if that. Especially with the way PvP has been working, Titans go down with one FR/Shotgun-Melee combo as is.

The speed, jump, invis, OP Super are much more valuable than a slight increase in armor. Shooting at a hunter? Sorry hes gone around a corner or over a wall.

Anyone ever notice the game glitching and the raid gloves not increasing the reload speed with special weapons? I've had that happen once and had to re-equip it to gain the reload buff.

So that's what was happening. I thought it was just something funny about my alt, but then my main was taking her sweet time as well. Good to know.

Vespene

Pretty much. That thing has NO impact at all. And part of me thinks it's much slower and equal range when popping shields compared to my light/beware fusion. It's a raid weapon that's pretty much useless... so unfortunate.

Most raid weapons are pretty useless in PVP to begin with. All their perks are tailored to situational stuff that for the most part only happens in the raid itself. Hopefully they will be more useful in Crota's End.

I will lol if Bungie stealth patch the Atheon cheese with this hotfix.

If they patch the Atheon exploit but leave all the bugs and glitches in that fight the same, then I honestly don't think the game will be worth playing anymore. It would be such a sign of disrespect for the players of this game to purposely fix an exploit but ignore the dozens of bugs and glitches when fighting Atheon legit.

Then again this is Bungie, they seem to have learned game design at MISPWOSO (Maximegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Surprisingly Obvious).

panda-zebra

Congratulations on beating the Nightfall. Here are your Ascendent Shards.

ibdXh3x4oTL9A0.gif

holy RNGeebus, I only ended up with one of those gjallarhorn thingies, but last week I was blessed with 6 whole strange coins.

BTW, as nightfalls go, pretty brutal in parts I thought. Would take some serious patience and time to solo, eff that.

Shotguns in PvE should do 200% more damage, snipers should do less because they are the boss killing tool of PvE more or less due to the huge crit damage.

But what do I know.

I have not changed my stance on Bladedancers. They are OP in PvP because they have a larger window and capability to kill more players and number of kills are what matter in 90% of the game types. Personally, I think the duration should just be shorter. That way if people are all grouped up, they could still in theory wreck a room that's legit shook just like a Titan or Warlock, but they can't go chasing people down hallways that were no where near the activation. Blink lets them cover too much ground too fast.

Alucrid

Banned
holy RNGeebus, I only ended up with one of those gjallarhorn thingies, but last week I was blessed with 6 whole strange coins.

BTW, as nightfalls go, pretty brutal in parts I thought. Would take some serious patience and time to solo, eff that.

nah this was one of the easiest nightfalls yet

Did you play on hard mode? That's what I did in order to get double loot drops, thereby increasing my chances of getting my final piece, and it worked lol

I went through it last week, not sure if i want to do it again this week. was hoping to get a chest drop on normal and call it quits

Bizazedo

^^^^this so much.

Fuck pvp

When I was young, I had a deep hatred for people who hated PvP. I considered them weak and subhuman.

I grew up, though :). And while I won't say fuck PvP (because PvP is awesome), I will say any developer who doesn't separate their rulesets for PvP versus PvE is doing it wrong.

I know, I know, "it's hard too!". Tough luck, y'gotta do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom