• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

That's the worst thing about the end game, everyone in each class looks the damn same.

I've got an idea on how to make my Titan look unique, but it involves RNGesus smiling down on me and gifting me a very specific shader.

Yup, huge oversight by Bungie. How many years has Transmogrification been a thing in WoW?

Vespene

holy RNGeebus, I only ended up with one of those gjallarhorn thingies, but last week I was blessed with 6 whole strange coins.

BTW, as nightfalls go, pretty brutal in parts I thought. Would take some serious patience and time to solo, eff that.

There's a way to cheese almost every stage of the strikes. This week with Devil's Lair, there are 3 encounters, all featuring delicious cheese strats that, hey, the devs must have seen coming because some of them are so obvious.

Stage 1 - Dinklebot Horde Mode: Hide behind the train near the hive cave and shoot them as they stare at you from the distance. They won't follow you in.

Stage 2 - Devil Walker: Bring a few special weapon ammo packs and snipe the walker from near the entrance to the zone. Most of his attacks won't be able to reach you. Praedyth's Revenge thanks to void burn.

Stage 3 - Sepiks Prime: Dance around the stair immediately left of you when you enter the area. You can shoot through the stair steps with sniper or scout rifles while his attacks are too fat to strike you back. Have another guy taking cover in another corner to take down adds getting close to you. Use The Swarm machine gun to void damage him through the railings as well.

Mindwipe

When I was young, I had a deep hatred for people who hated PvP. I considered them weak and subhuman.

I grew up, though :). And while I won't say fuck PvP (because PvP is awesome), I will say any developer who doesn't separate their rulesets for PvP versus PvE is doing it wrong.

I know, I know, "it's hard too!". Tough luck, y'gotta do it.

The weird thing is, outside of Iron Banner, Destiny *has* a mechanism for doing this correctly already - impact.

So why wasn't it used? It's so weird. I feel like Bungie have no idea what they're doing with PvE in this game. Like at all (like I didn't know that from the disaster that is the storytelling).

Juraash

Never the balcony.

At the back next to the green blocked off cave.

The rest will work.

Go to the cave by the trains, the mobs will not even come over there. Slowly pick them off.

Spider boss, left building as you enter (has 3 solar panels on it) hide behind the back left ac unit on the roof and snipe without anything shooting you.

Prime, left building as you enter, do not go downstairs. Only thing you'll have to worry about is a few grenades and some fire.

Will take no more than 30mins.

Thanks guys, I'll have to take a crack at it later this evening. I've done the others with relative ease so I'm excited to try this one out.

Most raid weapons are pretty useless in PVP to begin with. All their perks are tailored to situational stuff that for the most part only happens in the raid itself. Hopefully they will be more useful in Crota's End.

Hmm, idk.. In my opinion Praedyth's Revenge, Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence and Hezen Vengeance are among the best of any weapon in their respective class.

Aetheon's is just... terrible. Shame as the others are so good.

I do agree that a main attraction of them is the oracle disruptor and the damage they do to them.

Navy Bean

Smh at Future War Cult. I spend weeks running errands for you as a Warlock and when I hit level 3 what do you give me??? A useless legendary Hunter helmet.

Update is live. :(

Fare thee well, OP Vex Mythocast. I hardly knew ye!

Suros as well. That weapon is all about precision. I don't play much PVP but I'm sad that weapon is being gimped in PVE

Smh at Future War Cult. I spend weeks running errands for you as a Warlock and when I hit level 3 what do you give me??? A useless legendary Hunter helmet.

I got to level 3 with all 3 factions and didn't get anything good. One gave me boots, other gave me one strange coin and one gave me an ass energy

Bladedancers are one of the easiest supers to counter. I use BD and that super requires perfect timing to be effective against a good team. Titan slam and warlock are unavoidable win buttons. Point is, at the end of the day everything is balanced out.

I feel like only dumb uses are easily countered. It takes at least two people to do so and, short of them having heavy ammo or a super of their own, the only way they'll take that dancer down is if he/she activated way too far away from them (or dumb luck like both of them having great shotguns already pulled out). Again, Bladedancer's OPness in PvP is specifically in it's ability to chase, and it's long duration allowing a loooong window of chase (plus quick health/shield regen). Titan and Warlock supers aren't easily countered, but they are one and done AOEs that will only get multiple kills in a tightly packed group while the bladedancer can kill two people close together, drop down on an unsuspecting third, then quickly sprint down the hall where they take two more that weren't even close enough to hear it originally activated. Ie they have more opportunity to get more kills than any other super.

EL CUCO

I got 1 ass shard and 1 mote of light for ranking up the Vanguard today. Its the 3rd time they do this to me :(

I feel like only dumb uses are easily countered. It takes at least two people to do so and, short of them having heavy ammo or a super of their own, the only way they'll take that dancer down is if he/she activated way too far away from them (or dumb luck like both of them having great shotguns already pulled out). Again, Bladedancer's OPness in PvP is specifically in it's ability to chase, and it's long duration allowing a loooong window of chase (plus quick health/shield regen). Titan and Warlock supers aren't easily countered, but they are one and done AOEs that will only get multiple kills in a tightly packed group while the bladedancer can kill two people close together, drop down on an unsuspecting third, then quickly sprint down the hall where they take two more that weren't even close enough to hear it originally activated. Ie they have more opportunity to get more kills than any other super.

How come nobody talks about how easy it is to counter golden gun?

E92 M3

My freaking goodness, I just read the Vex numbers on Gamefaqs, and like I thought, Bungie killed the gun due to complaining. Excuse my language, but how dumb can a company be to trash an end game weapon that is one of the ultimate rewards in the game. Who makes these decisions?! I spent all weekend trying to beat the hard raid. And now I'm shit out of luck.

Fuck this I am mad. So mad.

in PvE now its nerfed to shit!

Drags could be one shot on any part of the body before the hotfix, now its takes 3 shots.

SEE RAGE ON TOP!

I've never seen a bladedancer killer more than 3 people. Your described circumstances are very rare. But like I said, all classes seem to be balanced overall.

Tovarisc

Valkyrie Vs. Aurora post-patch. In my opinion Aurora has better color theme and model details than Valkyrie.

vgdeg1h.jpg

IMgd2n9.jpg

Bizazedo

It needed killing? Lol, no. There's no reason to make a weapon useless.
True. My hate held much hyperbole. It should still be comparable to AR's. If they overdid it, welp.

I've killed a ton of BD - they honestly don't scare me. Worst case scenario I take them with me. I can't ever do that with Titans and Warlocks. Each class has a plus/minus. A smart BD can be annoying, but will still get about the same amount of kills as warlock and titan.
I honestly think the only BD's I've "easily" taken out were dumb ones. And imho, you can't balance based around the stupid ones.
I really don't know how anyone could argue that it is easy to counter.

I feel like only dumb uses are easily countered. It takes at least two people to do so and, short of them having heavy ammo or a super of their own, the only way they'll take that dancer down is if he/she activated way too far away from them (or dumb luck like both of them having great shotguns already pulled out). Again, Bladedancer's OPness in PvP is specifically in it's ability to chase, and it's long duration allowing a loooong window of chase (plus quick health/shield regen).
I wasn't going to type a long response after these two responses. Instead I'll just point up to them.

That and, you guys DO kill Titans pre-Fist of Havoc. A lot. The problem is you might not always have a visual cue that you do because you got him before he got close enough to launch it.

Unsure about Warlocks, but I am guessing it's the same with them.

And yeah, what Guitar said. I'm actually completely okay with them except for the duration. It's not like how I feel about the Mythoclast :).

MidEvlDed

There's a way to cheese almost every stage of the strikes. This week with Devil's Lair, there are 3 encounters, all featuring delicious cheese strats that, hey, the devs must have seen coming because some of them are so obvious.

Stage 1 - Dinklebot Horde Mode: Hide behind the train near the hive cave and shoot them as they stare at you from the distance. They won't follow you in.

Stage 2 - Devil Walker: Bring a few special weapon ammo packs and snipe the walker from near the entrance to the zone. Most of his attacks won't be able to reach you. Praedyth's Revenge thanks to void burn.

Stage 3 - Sepiks Prime: Dance around the stair immediately left of you when you enter the area. You can shoot through the stair steps with sniper or scout rifles while his attacks are too fat to strike you back. Have another guy taking cover in another corner to take down adds getting close to you. Use The Swarm machine gun to void damage him through the railings as well.

Can you elaborate on part 1? Which part of the train? Also, I have the swarm but it does arc damage so I don't think they're all the same. I do have a void lmg though, zombie apocalypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom