• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Uggggghhhhhhhh. I just did Atheon on hard another two times. First time I got the ship and shards for the third time, second time I got the sparrow and shards so whilst it is better than another ship, I STILL don't have ANY raid gear or the Vex. Oh and one guy in the group got the Vex TWICE. GG.

Apparently you're not missing out on much now - the Vex has been neutered.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yes, it's now no better than my Suros so what's the point?

Tbh, that sounds fine to me. Suros Regime is super powerful still.

You still have the prestige of owning a very rare weapon.

I'm definitely going to try for one still if this is the case. Love me some prestige.

IMHO Vex still way too OP
While it had it's damage output nerfed by a third, it now does more damage on a headshot than before
So it's now a massively-damaging(66% of a fusion rifle's damage in one shot of a scout rifle is RIDICULOUS) scout rifle that pushes you to make headshots more than just spray and pray

DesertFox

How dare they not include transmog on day 1!

You've got to admit... for a game that Bungie touted as being all about creating your unique legend, it was a little bit of an oversight that the ONLY gear that gets you to level 30 all looks identical. Not to mention the chatterwhite shader that drops out of the vault that everyone who's completed it uses, so all the level 30s are running around in the same white raid set.

Nothing uniquely legendary about that.... I'm just saying.
I still love the game

It is super easy to cheese HM if you have any decent VoG experience and your warlocks know what they're doing.

Lol ok in my opinion it's not. I've been in maybe 4 different groups (all my clan members are solid 28-30s with loads of experience) and it was never quick and easy. He has such a random kite mechanism that it's not anywhere near say even 80% he'll get to the correct spot or react to the grenades as he should. Hell, i've had him stroll through about 12 grendades thrown by myself and another in radiance... just ignoring that shit to come after us haha. 0 fucks given.

Dammit I just finished my bounty for Pocket Infinity last night as well.

Those of you that have it, is it still worth fully upgrading even with the mag nerf?

While it had it's damage output nerfed by a third, it now does more damage on a headshot than before
So it's now a massively-damaging(66% of a fusion rifle's damage in one shot of a scout rifle is RIDICULOUS) scout rifle that pushes you to make headshots more than just spray and pray

It actually does less damage to a headshot than before.

So let's say it does 300 damage prepatch, with the 34% nerf it now does...198 damage, and with the 1.50 headshot ratio it does 297 damage, compared to previously 375 for a headshot.

Knowing bungie though it's still streamlined in PvP and it ends up doing the same damage. Kidding.

foxdvd

So I have been using the A.1F19X-RYL scout rifle...I actually liked it ok before the buff, and I am excited to try it out after. The thing is I just finished the nightfall solo right before the patch (using the A.1F19X-RYL) and after the patch I went to the weapons guy to look at some legendary weapons and I noticed the A.1F19X-RYL for sale has 3 passives..the same two I have (firefly and last round does extra damage) and also a third passive +2 agility. Has the legendary scout rifles for sale always had 3 bonus skills vs the two I got with my dropped scout rifle or was that added with the patch?

Pilgor

No it doesn't.

Tbh, that sounds fine to me. Suros Regime is super powerful still.

You still have the prestige of owning a very rare weapon.

I'm definitely going to try for one still if this is the case. Love me some prestige.

I actually think my Suros is better.

Prestige is nice and all, but I want my Mytho back.

I've never seen a bladedancer killer more than 3 people. Your described circumstances are very rare. But like I said, all classes seem to be balanced overall.

I see it happen ALL the time. That scenario I laid out earlier happened to me on Blind Watch. I was the third kill dropped on and watched the other two kills from my kill cam and they were activated up until my auto respawn. I also posted this in OT4.

AshamedFailingAfricanhornbill.gif

People tried to argue that a Titan or Warlock super would have done the same but they neglect to mention how most players would have activated it on the first guy and had they not, they probably would have been mowed down by the room full of players the moment they hit that doorway after the damage they took from the first.

Zakalwe

Banned
I actually think my Suros is better.

Prestige is nice and all, but I want my Mytho back.

Well, maybe they should add a little back on top then...

The old myth is was far too much, at least you got to experience it for a while. It's better to have loved and lost, right?

Vespene

So I have been using the A.1F19X-RYL scout rifle...I actually liked it ok before the buff, and I am excited to try it out after. The thing is I just finished the nightfall solo right before the patch (using the A.1F19X-RYL) and after the patch I went to the weapons guy to look at some legendary weapons and I noticed the A.1F19X-RYL for sale has 3 passives..the same two I have (firefly and last round does extra damage) and also a third passive +2 agility. Has the legendary scout rifles for sale always had 3 bonus skills vs the two I got with my dropped scout rifle or was that added with the patch?

I bought mine from the Vanguard vendor and it has always had those 3 passives.

Thank you Bungie...

I received a second Ice Breaker from a Rumble match today, having bought one from Xur recently.

I guess I'm now an "earner" and an earner.

What are you talking about? It does less headshot damage than before even with a higher multiplier because the base damage has been decreased so significantly.

Oh man, the scount rifle buff is fantastic. Proxima Centurai II with the Firefly talent just became amazing. Holy fuck. So much better in PvE. It finally damages the higher level mobs properly. I even gave it a go in PvP and it was working like a charm. I have to adapt from using a hand cannon 100% of the time in PvP, but I think I will be going scout for now. I was thrown into Rusted Lands, which sucks ass, but I imagine in larger open maps it will be even better in PvP. Just glad it can actually take down guys now. Having them explode with the headshots is too much fun.

Well, maybe they should add a little back on top then...

The old myth is was far too much, at least you got to experience it for a while. It's better to have loved and lost, right?

I'd rather they just banned it from PvP. Seems rather pointless in PvE now, especially since ammo was a problem before the patch. Enemies now take longer to kill so you run out of ammo even quicker. Brilliant.

MrMuscle

If you havent been to the original loot cave since the patch i highly recommend it. There is a little tidbit there that is pretty good.

E92 M3

I see it happen ALL the time. That scenario I laid out earlier happened to me on Blind Watch. I was the third kill dropped on and watched the other two kills from my kill cam and they were activated up until my auto respawn. I also posted this in OT4.

AshamedFailingAfricanhornbill.gif

People tried to argue that a Titan or Warlock super would have done the same but they neglect to mention how most players would have activated it on the first guy and had they not, they probably would have been mowed down by the room full of players the moment they hit that doorway after the damage they took from the first.

That's pretty cool, but like I said, control breeds different situations. A titan activating a super in there would've cause just as much havoc. Maybe a little less. Ultimately, everything balances out.

--

Seems like I was right, the Suros will be better than the Vex if no crits are involved. Funny a weapon sold by a vendor can essentially surpass an exotic from the heroic raid.

SkylineRKR

Oh man, the scount rifle buff is fantastic. Proxima Centurai II with the Firefly talent just became amazing. Holy fuck. So much better in PvE. It finally damages the higher level mobs properly. I even gave it a go in PvP and it was working like a charm. I have to adapt from using a hand cannon 100% of the time in PvP, but I think I will be going scout for now. I was thrown into Rusted Lands, which sucks ass, but I imagine in larger open maps it will be even better in PvP. Just glad it can actually take down guys now. Having them explode with the headshots is too much fun.

Shouldn't have dismantled it I guess. But I just never use Scout and didn't expect a gigantic buff tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom