• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

GameFAQS numbers

My mythoclast is at 267 damage and using the impact ballistics. I'm against level 24 enemies
Before: 221 body 550 precision
After: 126 body 378 precision.

It is officially useless in pve. Going into pvp now to test

Pvp
With impact ballistics
Before 45 body 56 head
After 28 body 38 head

With stability ballistics
Before 41 body 51 head
After 23 body 35 head

Vision of Confluence pvp (don't have before numbers)
41 body 61 head

Suros pvp (slow rof)
Before 33 body 42 head
After 28 body 36 head
Negligible recoil increase

Tovarisc

I've never seen a bladedancer killer more than 3 people. Your described circumstances are very rare. But like I said, all classes seem to be balanced overall.

And I have seen multiple times Bladedancer taking down basically whole team by killing 4-5 right off the bat and then chasing down 1-2 kills more.

E92 M3

I wonder if Bungie plays with the guns play with the guns they "fix". Can't believe they decapitated the Mythoclast like that. Our ultimate reward butchered. Imagine that instead of getting the ultimate material from killing emerald weapon, we got 2X cut.

And I have seen multiple times Bladedancer taking down basically whole team by killing 4-5 right off the bat and then chasing down 1-2 kills more.

Either that's a hyperbole or sounds like a very clueless team. Also, I play clash most of all.

Zakalwe

Banned
I wonder if Bungie plays with the guns play with the guns they "fix". Can't believe they decapitated the Mythoclast like that. Our ultimate reward butchered. Imagine that instead of getting the ultimate material from killing emerald weapon, we got 2X cut.

It was straight up too powerful before.

Try it now. I bet it still rocks. I still really want one.

Ardenyal

Did one strike switching between my maxed weapons, Vision of confluence, Atheons epilogue and Grim Citizen III. Scout rifles are definitely more viable now but Atheons epilogue feels so bad in comparison to GC3 :/

Sullichin

just downloaded an update.
Did the weekly strike solo and got the Monte Carlo. I have Hard Light as well, and neither of them seem very good. I don't really like auto rifles though.

patchday

Praise be to Cthulhu.

The anti-fun is dead.

I am not kidding, it needed killed.

The problem is, it's not one of the easiest to counter, E92. It depends too much on latency and the Bladedancer being an idiot.

True it had no place in Crucible whatsoever. I imagine some Intern must've made that weapon and Bungie didnt really take a close look til Iron Banner. After getting molested there they nerfed that thing with a quickness

It needed a nerf but 34% is a hard hit to take

Vespene

Can you elaborate on part 1? Which part of the train? Also, I have the swarm but it does arc damage so I don't think they're all the same. I do have a void lmg though, zombie apocalypse.

If you are standing where Dinklebot is looking back at where you came from, look towards the left. You'll see a rocky Hive tunnel with similar art assets as you'd see on the Moon's Hellmouth. This is where most of the Hive come from during the horde mode phase. There is a derelict bus or train looking thing on the right side of the tunnel. You can use it as cover while shooting down everything coming in. They won't get past a certain point nullifying the stealth Fallen that are so deadly here. The wizards come from a door just left of the tunnel looking out. Take out their shields with fusion or sniper rounds and then void burn them with a machine gun.

Daemul

Posted for new page

GameFAQS numbers

My mythoclast is at 267 damage and using the impact ballistics. I'm against level 24 enemies
Before: 221 body 550 precision
After: 126 body 378 precision.

It is officially useless in pve. Going into pvp now to test

Pvp
With impact ballistics
Before 45 body 56 head
After 28 body 38 head

With stability ballistics
Before 41 body 51 head
After 23 body 35 head

Vision of Confluence pvp (don't have before numbers)
41 body 61 head

Suros pvp (slow rof)
Before 33 body 42 head
After 28 body 36 head
Negligible recoil increase

Bizazedo

My Vanquisher VIII did 32 for headshots pre-patch and it's a great AR. The Vex is just now more down to earth, it sounds like.

And it didn't get the stability nerf the AR's did, right?

It doesn't sound like it was killed that bad (for PvP), honestly.
Either that's a hyperbole or sounds like a very clueless team. Also, I play clash most of all.
No, I've also seen it. We probably play control, though, so it's more likely to see teams grouping a bit and capping / neutralizing flags also increases super gain more. You don't have the non-combat increasing super meter in Clash that you do in Control.

Try with ADS. That's where the insane range was showing up.

Shrug, that was never my issue. It was getting ambushed by a shotgun, which is still happening all day long. People not even using primary weapons, just running around with shotguns out.

AR, or should I say SR nerf was as expected extreme. All they had to do was screw with the range, have the dmg scale off at X, Y, Z range. Nope, what we get is a blanket nerf.

True it had no place in Crucible whatsoever. I imagine some Intern must've made that weapon and Bungie didnt really take a close look til Iron Banner. After getting molested there they nerfed that thing with a quickness

It needed a nerf but 34% is a hard hit to take

Should have PvP nerf only.

Meanwhile we have Bad JuJu that could use a 45% damage INCREASE and Thorn, maybe 34% someplace... but nope. They'll just talk about a buff... one day.

Bungie = nofunallowed.jpg

FStop7

Banned
So the nullification of the Mythbuster happened a lot faster than I thought it would. I figured it would happen around the time for the first expansion.

Tovarisc

Are you just straight out ignoring other players experiences with and against Bladedancers because they aren't same as yours?

What I would love to get is guaranteed 15ms latency lobby for some proper testing to see how Bladedancer behaves in low latency environment. Now latency to lobby host and back is anyones guess and every player has his own value [x-continent lobbies ftw] within huge spread.

Why?

Latency alone can give player sick advantages and may be reason why some Blades come across as god likes who can't be killed if you don't have super or RPG lined up.

E92 M3

It was straight up too powerful before.

Try it now. I bet it still rocks. I still really want one.

I don't care about what happens with it in PVP, but there is absolutely no reason to have it become junk for PVE. Bungie, does this every time with anticipated nerfs. It's like they don't understand that a nerf doesn't mean make weapon useless. I wouldn't be as mad if it wasn't for the weekend I spent on beating hard raid.

Vespene

Honestly I'm agains the Mythocast nerft, and I don't even own one.

It was pretty much the only reason to run Hard VOG besides getting more ass mats for the week.

Honestly I'm agains the Mythocast nerft, and I don't even own one.

It was pretty much the only reason to run Hard VOG besides getting more ass mats for the week.

I'm against the vast majority of the nerfs, balance the game in a different way. The AR nerf seems more punishing though, it is nerfing an entire weapon class. Furthermore it is gonna make certain AR's useless now. Feel bad for anyone that was rocking a low dmg AR or one with garbage stability.

E92 M3

My Vanquisher VIII did 32 for headshots pre-patch and it's a great AR. The Vex is just now more down to earth, it sounds like.

And it didn't get the stability nerf the AR's did, right?

It doesn't sound like it was killed that bad (for PvP), honestly.

I don't care about what they do with PVP and the Vex, but the PVE had no reason to be touched. I basically wasted shards upgrading it. Will Bungie offer refunds? You bet not.

Are you just straight out ignoring other players experiences with and against Bladedancers because they aren't same as yours?

What I would love to get is guaranteed 15ms latency lobby for some proper testing to see how Bladedancer behaves in low latency environment. Now latency to lobby host and back is anyones guess and every player has his own value [x-continent lobbies ftw] within huge spread.

Why?

Latency alone can give player sick advantages and may be reason why some Blades come across as god likes who can't be killed if you don't have super or RPG lined up.

I am not ignoring - I've just spent quite a bit of time in PVP and describing my experiences. Not saying you're wrong absolutely.

Thanks ComputerMKII to hopping into my Nightfall solo and making it....a Breeze~

Edit-Disgusting I got a scout rifle, 'The Calling'. Dismantled. Would not use.

Malo

Banned
Honestly? Everyone else finding this to be true?
I played a couple of matches with it in PvP and tried it in pve as well. I had to dump a lot more bullets into enemies to kill them now, felt like it was about twice as much if not more.

I get that they had to nerf it because it was ridiculously op in PvP, but they went too far the other way with the nerf.

BraXzy

Uggggghhhhhhhh. I just did Atheon on hard another two times. First time I got the ship and shards for the third time, second time I got the sparrow and shards so whilst it is better than another ship, I STILL don't have ANY raid gear or the Vex. Oh and one guy in the group got the Vex TWICE. GG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom