• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

I've just got Patience and Time (Exotic Sniper Rifle) from the Nightfall. Is it good?

It's the only acceptable excuse that anyone can have to not having the Ice Breaker. So...yes.

Thorn is OK if you didn't already have a competent HC. I got it yesterday, so not fully upgraded yet and it gets the smaller jobs done. It definitely needs a buff though, which Bungie specifically named the Thorn to be getting one.

Its only 6 shots so it needs faster reload and a bit more distance, IMO.

Well that's in December.

Come on guys you know what I mean. Bungie used to show these pics that showed at which date what event started like Queen's bounty and Iron Banner and stuff.
Do we have something like that for the next weeks?

Just a bunch of nothing so far. Waiting on an update too.

As i said before , awful change to Vex Mythoclast. Now is complete useless in PVE.

All this does for me is send the message that the amazing 'Become Legend' gear Bungie talks about is subject to the 'screw you' nerf at any time.

Sad, really. I actually thought the Mytho was intentionally amazing because of it's rarity and work required to get it. Raid becomes broken and the solution is to punish those who got the weapon cheese free.

Still astounds me that some folks pipe up with 'it had to be done' when simply nerfing it in PvP would have been a decent compromise, and no one was calling for it to be nerfed in PvE.

Aw, thanks. So far people are saying it's ok - I'd like to use SR's more, but I think I need something different.

I think I had your SR at some point and broke it down for shards. :(

I presume you didn't mean me for Nightfall..otherwise I'd be in.

If one of those two doesn't want to do it, sure.

It'll probably be Admiral Puppy who disappoints me.

Again.

Sullichin

Just tested out my new Monte Carlo in Rumble. Came in first, barely inching out over a Mythoclast user. Mytho still seems pretty good. He was in first for most of the fight, but by no means dominating. Not that one anecdote means much.

Not sure what the place of Monte Carlo and Hard Light are. They look cool but I only ever hear people talk about Suros when it comes to exotic ARs. I've barely upgraded either of them but they don't seem too great.

Maybe, but serious question. What were its flaws before and how / in what way could you design a weapon to be better?

I've never owned one, but seemingly nothing was wrong with the gun, it was that it was quickly imbalancing PvP, as you were starting to see multiple people on a team with them, opposed to maybe one Vex Mytho every 20 matches or so, if that, when VoG first started kicking off. Iron Banner was becoming a Vex Mytho fest apparently. I think the gun had important value in PvE though. It was a "trophy" to set out after, something you had to play the hardest level in the game multiple times to have a shot at. Even with cheesing methods, letting people still enjoy their reward in PvE seems reasonable.

Loris146

All this does for me is send the message that the amazing 'Become Legend' gear Bungie talks about is subject to the 'screw you' nerf at any time.

Sad, really. I actually thought the Mytho was intentionally amazing because of it's rarity and work required to get it. Raid becomes broken and the solution is to punish those who got the weapon cheese free.

Still astounds me that some folks pipe up with 'it had to be done' when simply nerfing it in PvP would have been a decent compromise, and no one was calling for it to be nerfed in PvE.

In fact the real problem is the PVP. Why the nerf in PVE? If you can't create an istance without "glitch" it's only your fault. Anyway there will be an huge shitstorm and they will buff the Vex again. The solution is simply , don't allow to use some weapons in PVP.

Well that's in December.

Come on guys you know what I mean. Bungie used to show these pics that showed at which date what event started like Queen's bounty and Iron Banner and stuff.
Do we have something like that for the next weeks?

As much as I hate to agree with a previous poster, I think we'll just get the Queen round 2 next week. Then another off week, then the Iron Banner 2.0 again.

Namikaze1

My god! A maxed out Vision of Confluence does nearly 900 critical damage. Normal is now over 250 dmg.

Still isn't enough to forgive them for what they did to Vex Mythocast. 34% was too much!

void666

Banned
I run dr nope/icebreaker in pve and dr nope still feels relatively good. Can't really notice any extra kick (already kicked like a mule) and I'm still head shorting like a maniac with my 70ish magazine.

I have the same combo. Good to know it's still viable.

As much as I hate to agree with a previous poster, I think we'll just get the Queen round 2 next week. Then another off week, then the Iron Banner 2.0 again.

The fact that they haven't posted anything yet and we do not have an event this week leads me to believe they are just gonna recycle content till Dec. We might, get something minor...but I doubt it.

Bungie is fucking crazy if they think that is enough for players right now.

If that is what happens, I will play Destiny for a few hours every Tuesday and that's it until the DLC.

I've been rocking the Grim Citizen III since about the end of week one in Destiny. With the AR nerf that Bungie's implemented, I have a feeling it's now going to get utterly outclassed in PvP. Are there any other easily attainable ARs that would be a better fit, post-patch? Like something that can be purchased with Marks?

forrest

formerly nacire
Well since finding a group seems to be difficult I decided to try and solo the nightfall mission. Got Sepkis down to about 40% and got meleed by a fallen guy with swords. Took about 40 mins to get that far. Feels bad man.

If anybody want to do the Nightfall or let me in on a raid group pls send me a request.

Forrest_Crump
27 Hunter
PS3

My god! A maxed out Vision of Confluence does nearly 900 critical damage. Normal is now over 250 dmg.

Still isn't enough to forgive them for what they did to Vex Mythocast. 34% was too much!

I've been saving my Proxima Centauri II since the first week of the game's release. Could it be that it's time has finally come??

Bizazedo

I've never owned one, but seemingly nothing was wrong with the gun, it was that it was quickly imbalancing PvP, as you were starting to see multiple people on a team with them, opposed to maybe one Vex Mytho every 20 matches or so, if that, when VoG first started kicking off. Iron Banner was becoming a Vex Mytho fest apparently. I think the gun had important value in PvE though. It was a "trophy" to set out after, something you had to play the hardest level in the game multiple times to have a shot at. Even with cheesing methods, letting people still enjoy their reward in PvE seems reasonable.

I appreciate the answer, but it doesn't really get at what I'm talking about.

How hard did it hit in PvE? How quickly did it take things down? Was it insanely quicker than anything close to it? If so, how do you then design a weapon better than it?

That and the trophy aspect doesn't change, necessarily. You still have it :).

It still is a really good weapon in PvP. Better than a Shadow Price or Vanquisher, I'd wager.

In fact the real problem is the PVP. Why the nerf in PVE? If you can't create an istance without "glitch" it's only your fault. Anyway there will be an huge shitstorm and they will buff the Vex again. The solution is simply , don't allow to use some weapons in PVP.

More, many more people hated the weapon than supported it. Most of the supporters would be those who had it and that, by the way in which it was obtained, would be small. "Huge" shitstorm is unlikely.

That being said, it could be upgraded in PvE, and probably should be....but lets be honest, guys, if there isn't a system in place now to differentiate between PvP and PvE targets....

How realistic is it for Bungie to do it and how quickly?

I've been rocking the Grim Citizen III since about the end of week one in Destiny. With the AR nerf that Bungie's implemented, I have a feeling it's now going to get utterly outclassed in PvP. Are there any other easily attainable ARs that would be a better fit, post-patch? Like something that can be purchased with Marks?

Why do you think the Grim Citizen is going to be outclassed in PvP?

noomi

Yeah, stability is still awesome on Suros. Headshot kills in what, 5-6 shots now instead of 4 to 5?

I thought range was getting nerfed for ARs?

Thorn is actually amazing once fully upgraded.

Working on maxing my thorn now...taking a while even with bounties. Plus thorn is getting a buff soon :) Also the bad juju pulse rifle will be getting buffed if im not mistaken.

Am I the only one who doesn't think that's a bad thing?

It's not terrible. Mostly because it was really hard to get to Rank 3 in a week unless you were mainlining it (well, moreso for Iron Banner). They also need to give new players or alts a chance at it. The sooner they say something the better though to keep people's expectations in check. In an ideal world, they would be going on at the same time as something new though.

Izuna

Banned
What the fuck? The only weapon I haveever gotten that felt like I got something powerful and truel exotic has been nerfed to become a boring POS.

What the hell is wrong with Bungie? =/ Don't nerf it for PvE!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
truth.jpg

Thnx Nightfall

SharkJAW

Yeah, stability is still awesome on Suros. Headshot kills in what, 5-6 shots now instead of 4 to 5?

I thought range was getting nerfed for ARs?

Thorn is actually amazing once fully upgraded.

Wait until you get The Last Word. DoT could never match the RoF, damage bonuses >:D

ZOONAMI

The problem with the bolded is, as a Titan, I am also gunned down a lot before I can Fist of Havoc. So the bold doesn't mean anything besides I, as a Titan, or you as a Bladedancer, screwed up. That's what dying means, we employed our supers incorrectly.

You have to look at the upper end of when they're used properly and there Bladedancer is hands down the best.

I don't know, the range of the nova bomb is pretty awesome for control. The titans extra defense compensates for its somewhat weaker super. The best counter for a blade dancer is to listen for the activation and then run. Then the super is pretty much wasted, or at least the number of kills can be reduced to one or two. Hit headshots from far enough out and they go down.

Loris146

I appreciate the answer, but it doesn't really get at what I'm talking about.

How hard did it hit in PvE? How quickly did it take things down? Was it insanely quicker than anything close to it? If so, how do you then design a weapon better than it?

That and the trophy aspect doesn't change, necessarily. You still have it :).

It still is a really good weapon in PvP. Better than a Shadow Price or Vanquisher, I'd wager.

More, many more people hated the weapon than supported it. Most of the supporters would be those who had it and that, by the way in which it was obtained, would be small. "Huge" shitstorm is unlikely.

That being said, it could be upgraded in PvE, and probably should be....but lets be honest, guys, if there isn't a system in place now to differentiate between PvP and PvE targets....

How realistic is it for Bungie to do it and how quickly?

I don't know ma they don't know anything about balance. Now vision of confluence is amazing and the most rare weapon in the game is worse than a weapon you can buy(suros) lol. This so stupid...What the fuck are they thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom