• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkJAW

IMHO Vex still way too OP
While it had it's damage output nerfed by a third, it now does more damage on a headshot than before
So it's now a massively-damaging(66% of a fusion rifle's damage in one shot of a scout rifle is RIDICULOUS) scout rifle that pushes you to make headshots more than just spray and pray
Are you saying this before or after you've seen the damage numbers?

That's pretty cool, but like I said, control breeds different situations. A titan activating a super in there would've cause just as much havoc. Maybe a little less. Ultimately, everything balances out.

A titan would not have made it through the door, he would have died before or during the activation period. There is a reason the hunter activated his super when he did. He was facing one guy and knew that he could easily close the distance before the single enemy could kill him. After the first guy dies its all over.

Bizazedo

I don't care about what they do with PVP and the Vex, but the PVE had no reason to be touched. I basically wasted shards upgrading it. Will Bungie offer refunds? You bet not.
It still sounds powerful.

My pre-patch Vanquisher VIII did 32 damage to a headshot. My prepatch Suros did 42 for a headshot and its ROF was hurt badly to such a thing.

Now, they're saying Vex does 38 for a headshot (higher than a prepatch Vanquisher) and I know for a fact its ROF is a lot higher than an upgraded Suros.

Additionally, it doesn't have the stability nerf that the AR's got.

It now sounds like a very powerful weapon for PvP, but not excessively so. It still sounds better than any Auto Rifle that exists currently.

Apparently you're not missing out on much now - the Vex has been neutered.
Yeah, if the clip is small, it might've been killed for PvE. If it was, that's going too far.....but I said that before, anyways. PvP and PvE should be different.

Fistwell

If anyone's looking for 1 more for a normal raid on PS4 right now (or in the next cple of hours), contact me on PSN (ZonySUX), lvl29 hntr / lvl27 tits.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
ACTIVITY TIME! :D

Complete the following:

5IiGxvg.png

I honestly think Bungie nerfed the Vex Mythoclast because they didn't expect so many people to get it so easily. If you read or listen to how they talk about the VoG and raids in general, you would think they imagined only groups of players who have sworn a blood pack and were former Jaeger pilots would ever possibly be ever to even phathom beating VoG on hard. Meanwhile, randoms team up and beat it no problem, people run it on hard across multiple characters every week before it even turns noon on Tueday. Last but not least, people are able to solo the final boss, and a group of two players even managed to do the entire raid with 1/3 the amount of layers "required" by Bungie to tackle it. Had the VoG remained more challenging and the chances of Vex Mytho truly rare, I think they would have left it as is. How could they have not known it was going to be a slayer in PvP?

Edit: Er, I meant nerfed the mytho not buffed.

A titan would not have made it through the door, he would have died before or during the activation period. There is a reason the hunter activated his super when he did. He was facing one guy and knew that he could easily close the distance before the single enemy could kill him. After the first guy dies its all over.

Also this. Having played a Titan in beta, you'd be surprised how often they die mid FoH. It's hard to notice since there are zero extra effects until it actually happens. They don't get any extra armor mid jump so they can get wrecked by normal gun fire more than you would think especially since it requires them to run in and get close.

EL CUCO

I honestly think Bungie buffed the Vex Mythoclast because they didn't expect so many people to get it so easily. If you read or listen to how they talk about the VoG and raids in general, you would think they imagined only groups of players who have sworn a blood pack and were former Jaeger pilots would ever possibly be ever to even phathom beating VoG on hard. Meanwhile, randoms team up and beat it no problem, people run it on hard across multiple characters every week before it even turns noon on Tueday. Last but not least, people are able to solo the final boss, and a group of two players even managed to do the entire raid with 1/3 the amount of layers "required" by Bungie to tackle it. Had the VoG remained more challenging and the chances of Vex Mytho truly rare, I think they would have left it as is. How could they have not known it was going to be a slayer in PvP?

Lol I think there's some truth to this. Silly Bungie, thinking we can't game :p

Kalamari

Any opinion on the Aries Nemesis X4? I have it but haven't used it, but need to ween myself off the Mytho.

I "earned" it from an engram, it's a good gun, I am just not a fan of the sights. The short range sights are a bit obstructed by the front iron sight. I think it's decent, but if I were to buy a legendary scout, I would probably go for the A(whatever).

Bizazedo

Had the VoG remained more challenging and the chances of Vex Mytho truly rare, I think they would have left it as is. How could they have not known it was going to be a slayer in PvP?

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw it in a video from Rumble. How could this exist?

Not only that, but loot games are constant mudflation, right? What would you have to do to top it?

It was a dumb weapon.

Ok, in air accuracy with The Last Word is a bit better, Scout Rifles feel stronger, Atheon's Epilogue has a bit more kick to it but still controllable.

Ji66a-Man

Finished 3 raids after the weekly reset (1 post-hotfix) and came out with 2nd warlock raid chest, warlock raid helm, 2nd Fatebringer hand cannon, 2 Timebreaker sparrows, 2 Ice Breakers (my 2nd and 3rd - both dismantled), titan raid helm, and hella ass materials.

Fixed1979

I honestly think Bungie nerfed the Vex Mythoclast because they didn't expect so many people to get it so easily. If you read or listen to how they talk about the VoG and raids in general, you would think they imagined only groups of players who have sworn a blood pack and were former Jaeger pilots would ever possibly be ever to even phathom beating VoG on hard. Meanwhile, randoms team up and beat it no problem, people run it on hard across multiple characters every week before it even turns noon on Tueday. Last but not least, people are able to solo the final boss, and a group of two players even managed to do the entire raid with 1/3 the amount of layers "required" by Bungie to tackle it. Had the VoG remained more challenging and the chances of Vex Mytho truly rare, I think they would have left it as is. How could they have not known it was going to be a slayer in PvP?

Edit: Er, I meant nerfed the mytho not buffed.

It doesn't help that both of the bosses where cheesable. At least they fixed one of them.

Man, the whole "I can instantly start with the second subclass on my alts after I hit level 15 with my main charac even if it's a different class" is the all time best.

Straight to Bladedancer, thank you based bungie.

The best game keeps getting better.

Yeah my Crypt Dweller is amazing to use now. Going to farm spinmetal specifically to max out its damage. It's speedy, it reloads in about 1 second, and it has decent range.

How are AR's? I know Famicom said that Atheon's epilogue does have more spread now, not sure about others.

And they're nerfing Icebreaker before Suros?

I don't see a difference with the Suros (for now) after the AR nerf. Long live Suros!

isn't that due to stability upgrade?

blackjaw

I run dr nope/icebreaker in pve and dr nope still feels relatively good. Can't really notice any extra kick (already kicked like a mule) and I'm still head shorting like a maniac with my 70ish magazine.

E92 M3

Yeah, if the clip is small, it might've been killed for PvE. If it was, that's going too far.....but I said that before, anyways. PvP and PvE should be different.

Ultimately, that is what should be happening. No questions. PVP and PVE are two completely different balance pools. If that was the case, this game would have a lot more happy campers. Right now, I feel like my "work" was wasted and the Destiny addiction got me no where. Not only did I compromise some of my social life, but now my e-life on Destiny sucks too. lol

Played a shit ton and don't even have a weapon that I am super happy with, besides the Ice Breaker. The Mythoclast was the first time I felt like I got something badass.

I don't see a difference with the Suros (for now) after the AR nerf. Long live Suros!

There is a pretty massive headshot nerf. It's only doing 37 in PvP now. Stability was never an issue with the Suros. Has a perfect recoil, that was and always will be a joke to handle.

Aren't headshots weaker with Suros now?

Much weaker.

Do we have any news on the next new event?

You mean Queens Bounty? I'm sure it will be back next week.

Acorn

I said this at launch. Weapon balance for pve and pvp needs to be done seperate. It's so fucking dumb, one mode will always end up being borked because of the other

Any opinion on the Aries Nemesis X4? I have it but haven't used it, but need to ween myself off the Mytho.
I haven't used it, sadly :(
Void. Atheon's Epilogue is perfect for this, even with the AR nerf.

Yeah my Crypt Dweller is amazing to use now. Going to farm spinmetal specifically to max out its damage. It's speedy, it reloads in about 1 second, and it has decent range.

How are AR's? I know Famicom said that Atheon's epilogue does have more spread now, not sure about others.

And they're nerfing Icebreaker before Suros?

isn't that due to stability upgrade?
Do you two wanna run Nightfall and Heroic sometime later...?

Rixxan

Can I get some feedback on the viability of the Grim Citizen post patch? Preferably from someone who used it a lot pre ppatch.

I haven't used it, sadly :(

Do you two wanna run Nightfall and Heroic sometime later...?

Aw, thanks. So far people are saying it's ok - I'd like to use SR's more, but I think I need something different.

I think I had your SR at some point and broke it down for shards. :(

I presume you didn't mean me for Nightfall..otherwise I'd be in.

Yeah, stability is still awesome on Suros. Headshot kills in what, 5-6 shots now instead of 4 to 5?

I thought range was getting nerfed for ARs?

I've just got Patience and Time (Exotic Sniper Rifle) from the Nightfall, and the Exotic bounty for Thorn. Are they good?

Thorn is actually amazing once fully upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom