• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss ME3 multi so so so so much. I hope Dragon Age's multi will have the same hook for me, it was magnificent <3

Not that I disagree, but when you break it down, this statement is so bizarre.

"Man, this Bioware MP shits all over this Bungie MP. I hope for it's glorious return."

Weird times we live in.

Ramirez

The game Destiny was 'too afraid' to mimic with cutscenes and whatnots.
Can't imagine what kind of ungodly mess that game would have turned into had single and multiplayer used the same weapon balance.

Uhhh, did ME3 add PVP in at some point? Not even close to the same thing otherwise.

Is there a way to see what the damage modifiers are on the Weekly and Heroic strikes from the web? I cannot seem to find it anywhere aside from booting up the game.

What's the burn on the weekly heroic this week, if someone could be so kind?

1000px-Gjallarhorn.jpg

Got this from the Nightfall earlier today. Thanks RNGesus!

I got it too...unfortunately I already had it. I have majority of exotics now so I guess I can't complain.

Was the Shadow Price worth the buy post-patch?

I intentionally didn't buy it before the patch cos I didn't wanna be pissed when it was patched but right now it seems pretty good to me since I have no frame of reference to how it was pre nerf. It's better than the Shingen E I've been using forever so I can't complain.

hank_tree

If anyone needs a level 28 warlock for weekly heroic or nightfall or raid send me a message. PS4

PSN:Fr_Hank_Tree

Will be online for the next few hours.

Is there a way to see what the damage modifiers are on the Weekly and Heroic strikes from the web? I cannot seem to find it anywhere aside from booting up the game.

What's the burn on the weekly heroic this week, if someone could be so kind?

well this is for the nightfall if that helps.

The Devils Lair

Epic - enemies are heavily shielded and highly aggressive in great numbers

Lightswitch - you get one shotted by melee attacks

Juggler - no ammo drops for equipped weapon, use those Ice Breakers!

Void Burn - void weapons do extra damage

Nightfall - If all players die you return to orbit and start over

So I solo Nightfall and the game thinks that's worth a hand cannon. But not The Last Word. No, that's too good for me. Not even the Devil You Know. No, I get a Red Hand IX and I better be happy with it.

If I didn't enjoy playing this game...

patchday

I see it happen ALL the time. That scenario I laid out earlier happened to me on Blind Watch. I was the third kill dropped on and watched the other two kills from my kill cam and they were activated up until my auto respawn. I also posted this in OT4.

AshamedFailingAfricanhornbill.gif

People tried to argue that a Titan or Warlock super would have done the same but they neglect to mention how most players would have activated it on the first guy and had they not, they probably would have been mowed down by the room full of players the moment they hit that doorway after the damage they took from the first.

Yeah I've lit up 4 dudes with Bladedancer last night. But I dont recall them being particularly clever. 3 of them were together and didnt even toss a grenade. So I just zipped from one victim to the other. The last guy, bless his heart, came around the corner and probably had no idea I was amped up and got diced too.

I have a Titan and Hunter tho so I know how to counter most stuff. Need to roll a warlock sometime and maybe I can figure out how to deal with Nova. But atm, Nova seems ridiculous too me.

Anyways, if any super ever gets nerfed it will be Blandedance I'd guess. But I mostly like the invisibility anyway. That's why I rolled a Hunter alt. Cause I hate radar. I like to surprise people :)

zlatko

Banned
Gaf, would you rather:
Kill Master Rahool or The Queen's Brother?

Rahool has treated me kindly even in his stingier days.

Queen's bro I have no beef with.

The guy at Bungie who decided:

90% of ships will be a shade of shit brown
You can't rotate characters on character creation
Map cycling doesn't take effect on crucible(I literally played venus 8 in a row...)

^The ones responsible for these are currently on my list of kicks to the nuts and back hands.

someday

Banned
I had one of most successful RNG night yesterday. I was doing random patrols on Earth to get the 'kill 3 or more with your super 20 times' bounty. I was in Skyfall just going between fallen and hive. I got 3 legendary engrams from this, and did a PE. One was The Devil You Know and the other turned into a helmet for my Hunter alt! I also got 3 shards.

It's weird how this works. I've been luckier with random drops like this than I am in the Tiger strikes.

Thanks ComputerMKII to hopping into my Nightfall solo and making it....a Breeze~

Edit-Disgusting I got a scout rifle, 'The Calling'. Dismantled. Would not use.

You're welcome!

It's the only acceptable excuse that anyone can have to not having the Ice Breaker. So...yes.

Thorn is OK if you didn't already have a competent HC. I got it yesterday, so not fully upgraded yet and it gets the smaller jobs done. It definitely needs a buff though, which Bungie specifically named the Thorn to be getting one.

Its only 6 shots so it needs faster reload and a bit more distance, IMO.

Well, I already have a Hawkmoon (two upgrades away from 300 damage)...

hydruxo

So I solo Nightfall and the game thinks that's worth a hand cannon. But not The Last Word. No, that's too good for me. Not even the Devil You Know. No, I get a Red Hand IX and I better be happy with it.

I've heard Red Hand is pretty good, if its any consolation

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Someone that was in my raid said their confluence went from doing 300 to 500 damage. I need to level that thing now.

Good day. Finished nightstrike, highl level weekly, daily, bought two legendary pieces from vanguard for shards, leveled up my exotic chest to the point I could switch back to my lvl 29 armor combo and I maxed out my Crypt Dweller SR to max damage.

Let me go ahead and say it, scout rifles are pretty damn amazing now. If you can get the Crypt Dweller, do so.

Thanks! Still interested in the heroic details but I'll live til I can boot it up if need be. Did you find this on the web somewhere? You'd think this stuff would show up in the app.

Someone usually posts a thread for the nightfall on the Destiny Subreddit. I grabbed it from there. Sorry I can't help with weekly.

Nameless

At least you got something you can use. All I got was the was the same helm I received from a Xur engram over the weekend and dismantled, only now I don't even need the shards.

I honestly would have preferred some motes of light. At least then I could get that awesome red sash from the Speaker.

Can a Warlock revive dead teammates?

If you're talking about Sunsinger having a "revive teammates" with super ability, no. It doesn't work that way. Sunsingers are indirect support in that they are arguably the most useful class for harder level stuff due to self-rez and grenade spam.

and yeah from Nightfall I got that ugly ass bird looking warlock helmet. Never gonna upgrade it since I already have another maxed out exotic helmet.

SkylineRKR

I intentionally didn't buy it before the patch cos I didn't wanna be pissed when it was patched but right now it seems pretty good to me since I have no frame of reference to how it was pre nerf. It's better than the Shingen E I've been using forever so I can't complain.

I was not too certain about the Vendor SP in PvP. I used it for a week or so and its absolutely good, but the small mag got me into problems at times. I had my best PvP results with a Galahad-E so far. Its a PvP beast as far as i'm concerned.

But now that I have Shadow Price with Field Scout aka 42 bullets... it might take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom