• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not terrible. Mostly because it was really hard to get to Rank 3 in a week unless you were mainlining it (well, moreso for Iron Banner). They also need to give new players or alts a chance at it. The sooner they say something the better though to keep people's expectations in check.

I agree.

Also, I'd rather they don't blow their load pushing new content every ~2weeks, as I think it would push down the quality of said content significantly.

I wish all the weapons had more options when it comes to the red dot sight. I just bought a shadow price despite the Nerf and I really hate the Red Dot ORS1 on an Auto Rifle. It's the one that's halfway an acog and a regular red dot sight. I just want a regular red dot sight. I would take that on the ORS1 on the Scout rifle I have but that is not an option on it.

And screw you Vanguard Tiger matchmaking, I am not playing the Valus strike again for the 3rd time, I didn't even wanna play it for the first time.

It's hard to completely tell but it feels like i'm not dropping dead in half a second in the crucible without reason right now, I guess less AR or the drop in power from AR's is the main reason.

I also noticed that if a weapon grants you +2 agility it now shows up in the skill info for the weapon.

PointBlank_V

Neo Member
Relic Iron Rounds upgrade for Monte Carlo any good? Not sure if I want to spend the time leveling it up

Shard it or (better) Vault it. It was my first exotic, fully upgraded it but there are better guns out there. Monte Carlo has negligent impact, and even with Field Scout it's a waste of an exotic slot. You're better off with something else.

SharkJAW

Epilogue is one of the harder ARs to use in PVP, Suros will put that in the dumpster in most PVP cases.

Agree. Epilogue is only good for the Raid. A good player with the Epilogue vs. a mediocre one with a Suros will still lose most 1 v 1 encounters. It's a damn peashooter, even more so after the nerf. It doesn't help that, in PvP, the second you let off a couple of rounds you become a shining beacon of a target. You do small enough damage that someone can turn around and drop you, regardless of if you got the drop on them.

E92 M3

What the fuck? The only weapon I haveever gotten that felt like I got something powerful and truel exotic has been nerfed to become a boring POS.

What the hell is wrong with Bungie? =/ Don't nerf it for PvE!

That is exactly how I feel and that's why I am so mad.

Someone please tell me that Thorns PVP part is cheeseable? Who the fuck made this shit up?

I used a fusion rifle/LMG and got in an hour or so. It's not too bad.

TsuWave

this game is going to get patched to hell because the complaints about guns will never stop, i honestly just wanted the fusion rifles range and accuracy when aiming from the hip to be nerfed, but i could lived with everything as it is/was

Ramirez

oh really? guess i'll stick to my Suros then.

Yea, I consider myself pretty good in PVP, and Suros still beats me more often than not unless I get the drop.

ARs like Epilogue are great for pushing with the team and just peppering everyone, it is an assist machine.

That said, it's my favorite AR to play with, you really have to fight with the recoil, which I find fun.

EL CUCO

I wish all the weapons had more options when it comes to the red dot sight. I just bought a shadow price despite the Nerf and I really hate the Red Dot ORS1 on an Auto Rifle. It's the one that's halfway an acog and a regular red dot sight. I just want a regular red dot sight. I would take that on the ORS1 on the Scout rifle I have but that is not an option on it.

And screw you Vanguard Tiger matchmaking, I am not playing the Valus strike again for the 3rd time, I didn't even wanna play it for the first time.

Was the Shadow Price worth the buy post-patch?

1000px-Gjallarhorn.jpg

Got this from the Nightfall earlier today. Thanks RNGesus!

Bizazedo

I don't know, the range of the nova bomb is pretty awesome for control. The titans extra defense compensates for its somewhat weaker super. The best counter for a blade dancer is to listen for the activation and then run. Then the super is pretty much wasted, or at least the number of kills can be reduced to one or two. Hit headshots from far enough out and they go down.

Problem is you can't outrun a bladedancer and he can go very, very far to catch you. On the flipside, I have successfully anticipated a Fist of Havoc or a Nova Bomb and dodged them.

Even jumping high up doesn't necessarily save you from a BD if they're using blink and are smart.

Loris146 said:
I don't know ma they don't know anything about balance. Now vision of confluence is amazing and the most rare weapon in the game is worse than a weapon you can buy(suros) lol. This so stupid...What the fuck are they thinking?

I don't think calling it a weapon you can buy is fair. Xur is an entirely different fuck-up by Bungie. If Xur hadn't been dumb and sold it....

And calling it worse than the Suros is very accurate for PvE, I'd imagine. For PvP....eh. Barely weaker, but better if you're more accurate + the higher rate of fire?

(Again, the game needs balanced separately, though).

Rubenov

Well since finding a group seems to be difficult I decided to try and solo the nightfall mission. Got Sepkis down to about 40% and got meleed by a fallen guy with swords. Took about 40 mins to get that far. Feels bad man.

If anybody want to do the Nightfall or let me in on a raid group pls send me a request.

Forrest_Crump
27 Hunter
PS3

I'll be playing later today (630ish EST) if you haven't done it by then.

Rubenov25

Sullichin

Shard it or (better) Vault it. It was my first exotic, fully upgraded it but there are better guns out there. Monte Carlo has negligent impact, and even with Field Scout it's a waste of an exotic slot. You're better off with something else.

Nothing makes that gun good unfortunately.

Thanks.
Slightly painful to get another exotic weapon that kinda sucks... but at least I didn't just get shards or motes of light or something from Nightfall.
At least it's a cool looking gun for the collection.

Ramirez

Has any game like this ever had its PVE/PVP balance separated? I feel companies think that will confuse your average player, so they'll never bother doing that.

And let's be honest, no matter what they balance, someone on a forum will always bitch.

zlatko

Banned
Alright folks so I haven't got to play post patch yet.

Are scout rifles viable in PvP now against Shingen E, Suros, and Vanquisher VIII ?

Did the buff just make them usable for PvE and nowhere else?

Also, how are pulse rifles looking?

Does the Assault rifle patch make a difference? Most of the community at large I doubt reads these notes or notices, and odds are PvP is still riddled with assault rifles, and so we won't see a big enough change unless first to third place consisently starts going towards S. Rifle and P.Rifle users with skills.

Also, Plan C fusion in multiplayer even unupgraded is a beast. Love that thing. I may have found an alternative to my Gjallarhorn....so hard to wain of that thing though. 4 rockets I get to use and it's an easy 4+ kills---normally I rack up 6-8.

Mindlog

Has any game like this ever had its PVE/PVP balance separated? I feel companies think that will confuse your average player, so they'll never bother doing that.

And let's be honest, no matter what they balance, someone on a forum will always bitch.
The game Destiny was 'too afraid' to mimic with cutscenes and whatnots.
Can't imagine what kind of ungodly mess that game would have turned into had single and multiplayer used the same weapon balance.

Fixed1979

Wasn't too bad. Get a void shotgun, fusion or sniper rifle as well as a void machine gun. Also, if you're a Titan Defender your grenades and melee kills (when charged) cause void damage.

It probably took me a few more matches than others, averaged +20 to +50. per match. Just bought a green shotty with void and used a blue launcher with void. Did my best to avoid using my primary weapon.

I did find the lvl26 strike to be one of the most challenging things I've done in the game though.

Xevren

The game Destiny was 'too afraid' to mimic with cutscenes and whatnots.
Can't imagine what kind of ungodly mess that game would have turned into had single and multiplayer used the same weapon balance.

I miss ME3 multi so so so so much. I hope Dragon Age's multi will have the same hook for me, it was magnificent <3

Yeah base damage is down on my Vanquisher VIII.

I knew from shooting the fallen walker public event in the divide on earth, that my damage per shot was from 68 - 72 with the bottom half of the magazine deals greater damage.

It now does 60 - 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom