• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

Well, got a load of shit from the Nightfall...
7 Ass Energy, which I have more than enough already... I wouldn't have minded Shards, though.
Thankfully the others also got crap (7 Energy and a legendary hand cannon)
If they got anything remotely cool or useful I would have flipped a virtual table!

Yaari

Wow, Scout Rifle is pretty insane now. Might use it as a main weapon. It does sick damage from range and I have plenty of good close range alternatives for secondary.

EL CUCO

I intentionally didn't buy it before the patch cos I didn't wanna be pissed when it was patched but right now it seems pretty good to me since I have no frame of reference to how it was pre nerf. It's better than the Shingen E I've been using forever so I can't complain.

I hope its still a good weapon to support the Suros with. I know it used to so some serious work in the Hard Raid...more than AE, IMO.

Sunsingers are still stupid in PvP. Now with shotguns nerfed its even harder to kill the assholes when they use their super.

Also Thorn bounty is infuriating. Who the fuck that was a good idea?

gatti-man

Im pretty pissed a standard suros everyone can buy is now doing better damage than the vex. So what exactly do we raod and actually play the game for besides farming strange coins now? Bungie just fucked its own game. You need items to strive for that cant just be bought.

Not only that the suros was already common as dirt. Just poor thinking.

Mindlog

Uhhh, did ME3 add PVP in at some point? Not even close to the same thing otherwise.
I don't see how PvP makes the difference. The split in ME3MP/DestinyPVP and ME3SP/DestinyPvE would be the same thing. They're modes with incongruous balance needs.

Unless Destiny 3 decides to do something interesting and add creeps or some sort of objective to PvP. In that case unified balance would make a little more sense, but so would quick loadouts.

Im pretty pissed a standard suros everyone can buy is now doing better damage than the vex. So what exactly do we raod and actually play the game for besides farming strange coins now? Bungie just fucked its own game. You need items to strive for that cant just be bought.

What Suros is that?

patchday

Wow, Scout Rifle is pretty insane now. Might use it as a main weapon. It does sick damage from range and I have plenty of good close range alternatives for secondary.

yeah but which one with be the new flavor of the month? :)

Still need to try one when I get home

Dream Wanderer

Neo Member
I really hate how poorly designed this game is sometimes.

Particularly for a Titan Defender, I feel like the class hasn't been developed with higher level play in mind. Buffs like weapons of light and blessing of light are just so limited based on how infrequent a bubble shield is--and incredibly awkward in its use. Going in and out of a bubble to get a 10 second buff that is generally minimal in its effectiveness at the end game, and then stuff like having to punch an enemy to get a force barrier, when at end game the last thing you want to do is get in melee range of certain enemies....its just...fuck.

And then it gets even worse when super interesting augments are actually IN the game but exclusive to exotic pieces of armor.

its just so incredibly frustrating

Just noticed something on my Vex Mythoclast. Seems I now have 3 perks on it after the Hotfix.

Before I only had these 2:

Kills with this weapon grant bonus damage for a short time

and

Causing damage with this weapon increases its stability

After the hot fix this has been added:
When held, this weapon grants +2 character agility.

FStop7

Banned
IMHO Vex still way too OP
While it had it's damage output nerfed by a third, it now does more damage on a headshot than before
So it's now a massively-damaging(66% of a fusion rifle's damage in one shot of a scout rifle is RIDICULOUS) scout rifle that pushes you to make headshots more than just spray and pray

The Vex is a fusion rifle.

To be fair, the Suros was only on sale for 2 days.

You guys probably already saw this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NG2VZNc7nA&feature=youtu.be

loot cave charred remains.

This is Bungie from back in the days showing its face and being all "remember me?" and tears start to pour out of my face in happiness as I rush to her.

Then as I'm reaching her, modern Bungie with its backwards sticker cap appears from a corner and punches me in the face, then takes out the Suros and just overkills.

dengatron

Just noticed something on my Vex Mythoclast. Seems I now have 3 perks on it after the Hotfix.

Before I only had these 2:

Kills with this weapon grant bonus damage for a short time

and

Causing damage with this weapon increases its stability

After the hot fix this has been added:
When held, this weapon grants +2 character agility.
Its so you can only get the agility bonus from 1 weapon at a time. All agility weapons had this happen

hydruxo

One weekend is all it was available for. You're acting like its always for sale.

Particularly for a Titan Defender

Excuuuuuuuuse me?
Defender not good at high level play?
May I please direct your attention to all the raid videos(that don't involve cheesing Atheon)
Armor Of Light is Sick, yo.

patchday

Particularly for a Titan Defender, I feel like the class hasn't been developed with higher level play in mind. Buffs like weapons of light and blessing of light are just so limited based on how infrequent a bubble shield is--and incredibly awkward in its use. Going in and out of a bubble to get a 10 second buff that is generally minimal in its effectiveness at the end game, and then stuff like having to punch an enemy to get a force barrier, when at end game the last thing you want to do is get in melee range of certain enemies....its just...fuck.

And then it gets even worse when super interesting augments are actually IN the game but exclusive to exotic pieces of armor.

the frak? I punch enemies in the normal raid on my Defender Titan. You need to put some greese on those gauntlets soldier

SkylineRKR

23 coins is not a lot imo. I play 1 char, and bought Ice Breaker and sitting on 35 coins right now. Once you can do the weeklies and nightfalls they'll drop like flies. Get quite a few of them in Crucible and engrams too.

Yeah Xur has its downsides. I got my Suros via a legit Atheon kill, but a lot of them out there simply bought it.

Today a friend of mine got dropped an Ice Breaker, but he bought it from Xur already. Xur is just for the impatient I think. Getting a weapon via a drop is so much more satisfying as well...

Still, he'll likely never sell the Mytho, Hawkmoon and the Exotic bounty weapons. But its just unfortunate that the best weapons are among the random drop pool he will sell at some point.

EL CUCO

This is Bungie from back in the days showing its face and being all "remember me?" and tears start to pour out of my face in happiness as I rush to her.

Then as I'm reaching her, modern Bungie with its backwards sticker cap appears from a corner and punches me in the face, then takes out the Suros and just overkills.

I purposely try to stay away from Skyfall because all the memories rush back in my head. It's like driving by an old girlfriend's house now. Lol

E92 M3

Yes, it is exactly what you said - poor thinking. Who needs to do the hardest challenges in the game? Just go to Xur and buy everything you need.

I dont understand why they couldnt just make the mythoclast even better and block it from crucible

Makes too much sense.

just got myself a

destiny-patience-and-time-exotic-sniper-rifle.jpg

At least you got something you can use. All I got was the was the same helm I received from a Xur engram over the weekend and dismantled, only now I don't even need the shards.

I honestly would have preferred some motes of light. At least then I could get that awesome red sash from the Speaker.

Last week got 9 coins just like in the weekly. I didn't mind, got the chance to buy 2 exotics.

Yeah... hi... what's going to happen to my prized Shadow Price with this AR nerf?

The impact is solid, the stability is passable. I have the field scout perk so I have a 42 bullet clip... pre-nerf, this thing was (is?) a beast.

I am a little worried here. Anyone with any thoughts specifically on the SP?

Zakalwe

Banned
Zakalwe said:
Ran the NF twice on my 28s.

Anyone wiling to help me run my 25 Hunter through please?

It's dead easy. :3

Psn: astropoff

Anyone, please?

Starting a run now, would really appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand to make it go a bit faster.

Dreez

Should've made Xur have a unique loot table i.e. a bizarro Ice Breaker or Suros Regime. Keeps getting drops compelling + help unlucky people to get exotics.

23 coins is not a lot imo. I play 1 char, and bought Ice Breaker and sitting on 35 coins right now. Once you can do the weeklies and nightfalls they'll drop like flies. Get quite a few of them in Crucible and engrams too.

Yeah Xur has its downsides. I got my Suros via a legit Atheon kill, but a lot of them out there simply bought it.

Today a friend of mine got dropped an Ice Breaker, but he bought it from Xur already. Xur is just for the impatient I think. Getting a weapon via a drop is so much more satisfying as well...

Still, he'll likely never sell the Mytho, Hawkmoon and the Exotic bounty weapons. But its just unfortunate that the best weapons are among the random drop pool he will sell at some point.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Thanks for hot fixing my pocket and leaving the thorn a weakling useless pos. That's fabulous.

Good thing I have an ice breaker. Like the rest of the world.

Juraash

just got myself a

destiny-patience-and-time-exotic-sniper-rifle.jpg

Got that over the weekend as well. Easily my favorite sniper in the game atm.

On another note, I'm glad to be reading about the Scout Rifle changes. It's been my primary of choice since the alpha and I'm glad to see them get stronger. Can't wait to get home and really see the changes for myself.

Also does anyone recall them nerfing scouts prior to launch? I seem to remember a damage reduction and I'm just curious if these changes put them equal to alpha/beta or above that.

gatti-man

Yes, it is exactly what you said - poor thinking. Who needs to do the hardest challenges in the game? Just go to Xur and buy everything you need.
Makes too much sense.

Seriously. Sure nerf the vex but do it the right way. Dont make it worthless when the amount of truly endgame gear is already paper thin.

I like xur but some stuff should stay off his books. Give mea reason to actually play the damn game bungie. Seriously.

Im not upset bc my vex is now worthless as i have tons of options im pissed because this game design choice sucks for everyone. It takes away motivation to get to endgame.

The suros legendary xur sold and everyone uses in pvp. The one thats everywhere and sounds like a plastic clicker. The most common weapon in pvp id wager.

The fuck Suros Regime is a "standard Suros everyone can buy" It is an exotic sold for two days that cost 23 strange coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom