• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

Go into pvp and tell me again it was just on sale for 1 weekend. Its the default legendary for a LOT of people.

It was on sale for one weekend. I never said nobody uses it. Clearly its everywhere. I'm sure it'll get nerfed into the ground eventually just like everything else people complain about.

SkylineRKR

I think I want the Vision of Confluence now, lol.

I've got the Found Verdict, Atheon's Epilogue and the Praedyth's Revenge.

I hope VoC will drop next week. Or Corrective Measure, no need for Solar rockets.

23 coins is not a lot imo. I play 1 char, and bought Ice Breaker and sitting on 35 coins right now. Once you can do the weeklies and nightfalls they'll drop like flies. Get quite a few of them in Crucible and engrams too..

23 coins is A LOT for the average player (>90% of the Destiny player pool). Us hardcores who clear the NF or Weekly once (or multiple times) a week is so far above the norm that it's ridiculous. That's why the whole Ice Breaker from Xur thing is a bit of a joke honestly. Most players don't know who he is and couldn't dream of getting 17 strange coins together in a week's worth of play. Their time horizon to earn such things is on the magnitude of months and not days or weeks.

Additionally, most players aren't even at the level to do a nightfall or weekly heroic to begin with.

Wait scout rifles are good right now? I got the raid scout rifle that does solar damage. And I believe it can get upgraded to full auto. Oh yea.

I think I want the Vision of Confluence now, lol.

I've got the Found Verdict, Atheon's Epilogue and the Praedyth's Revenge.

I hope VoC will drop next week. Or Corrective Measure, no need for Solar rockets.

Have you seen the blast radius off the upgraded Hezen!? Best rocket launcher in the game in my opinion. 3 in the tube as well as the split cluster rockets... and probably the biggest AOE.

23 coins is A LOT for the average player (>90% of the Destiny player pool). Us hardcores who clear the NF or Weekly once (or multiple times) a week is so far above the norm that it's ridiculous. That's why the whole Ice Breaker from Xur thing is a bit of a joke honestly. Most players don't know who he is and couldn't dream of getting 17 strange coins together in a week's worth of play. Their time horizon to earn such things is on the magnitude of months and not days or weeks.

Additionally, most players aren't even at the level to do a nightfall or weekly heroic to begin with.

Completely agree. Most people on this forum seem to be far removed from reality. Hell, I play this game about an hour or so each day, but I'm barely siting at 26 Strange Coins and I'm level 26. And I actually think I play this game MORE than the average player.

realcZk

Wait scout rifles are good right now? I got the raid scout rifle that does solar damage. And I believe it can get upgraded to full auto. Oh yea.

Thats one of the best SR in the game, and yea the buff helped them a lot, made them more viable. Screw that scout rifle bs though, join the handcannon club.

gatti-man

The fuck Suros Regime is a "standard Suros everyone can buy" It is an exotic sold for two days that cost 23 strange coins.

I love this argument. Like i said go into pvp and tell me you dont see/hear the suros everywhere. And lets not act like it wont be on sale again.

The point is if Bungie nerfs the exclusive items and gives the best weapons to xur there is ZERO point to playing endgame or actually being good.

Got that over the weekend as well. Easily my favorite sniper in the game atm.

On another note, I'm glad to be reading about the Scout Rifle changes. It's been my primary of choice since the alpha and I'm glad to see them get stronger. Can't wait to get home and really see the changes for myself.

Also does anyone recall them nerfing scouts prior to launch? I seem to remember a damage reduction and I'm just curious if these changes put them equal to alpha/beta or above that.

When they were talking about changes from the beta they mentioned Scout Rifle nerf.

So do it again with me sometime later in the week!

I would do anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyything for love~

I would do anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyything for looooooooooooooooooove~

I would do anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyything for love~

But I won't do that~

No NAAAAAAAAAAAH NOOOOO I won't do thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat~

if you haven't done it by the time I can play which is probably thursday or friday I'll help out

excowboy

The Scout Rifle buff is brill - I've only used these as primary for the whole game (lvl26) and I'm now slaughtering everything in PvE compared to this morning :)

Thats one of the best SR in the game, and yea the buff helped them a lot, made them more viable. Screw that scout rifle bs though, join the handcannon club.

I'm waiting for a Hawkmoon to drop for me or the hard raid hand cannon. I'm not sure, if I want Hawkmoon and have to give up my Icebreaker spot.

Completely agree. Most people on this forum seem to be far removed from reality. Hell, I play this game about an hour or so each day, but I'm barely siting at 26 Strange Coins and I'm level 26. And I actually think I play this game MORE than the average player.

Yep. I think I've see 2 Suros in all my time playing. Still haven't see a Mythoclast. Too much exaggeration in this thread.

gatti-man

It was on sale for one weekend. I never said nobody uses it. Clearly its everywhere. I'm sure it'll get nerfed into the ground eventually just like everything else people complain about.

I dont think it needs to be nerfed it just shouldnt be the best gun in the game. Those should be random drops and raid stuff. Mostly raid stuff honestly.

Yep. I think I've see 2 Suros in all my time playing. Still haven't see a Mythoclast. Too much exaggeration in this thread.

Ive seen 1 other mythoclast. I swear to you i see so many suros regimes its crazy. I cant play a match without hearing one. Its honestly a surprise to see other weapons besides shotguns and suros regime.

I play the game alot so i know weapons based on rate and sound. The regime is everywhere.

E92 M3

Seriously. Sure nerf the vex but do it the right way. Dont make it worthless when the amount of truly endgame gear is already paper thin.

I like xur but some stuff should stay off his books. Give mea reason to actually play the damn game bungie. Seriously.

Im not upset bc my vex is now worthless as i have tons of options im pissed because this game design choice sucks for everyone. It takes away motivation to get to endgame.

Yes, the endgame content is exactly what kept me playing and playing. Now I have nothing to show for it. It's cool to have the strongest gun in PVE.

That said, I am sure Bungie will revert these changes - they have to - but the question is when? Will the playerbase be diminished by then? This patch was a heavy insult to all of the core PVE players.

realcZk

I'm waiting for a Hawkmoon to drop for me or the hard raid hand cannon. I'm not sure, if I want Hawkmoon and have to give up my Icebreaker spot.

Gotta get the Fatebringer man, its better than the Hawkmoon because it lets you keep your icebreaker equipped. And it has the firefly perk (enemies explode after you kill them with precision). And it does arc damage. And it reloads super fast after precision kills. And its the best handcannon in the entire game. The hawkmoon looks cooler though.

SkylineRKR

Have you seen the blast radius off the upgraded Hezen!? Best rocket launcher in the game in my opinion. 3 in the tube as well as the split cluster rockets... and probably the biggest AOE.

No, I don't really like Rocket Launchers but I use an Exodus Plan Void with Tracking in the vault (clown cartridge too, so sometimes 3 shells). Fastest reload in the game I think.

I also got a Solar EP. But the Hezen sounds good.

benjammin

Definitely this. I got the game at launch and only barely had enough strange coins to get the ice breaker. A whole lot of people seem to play 5-6 hours a day while leveling multiple alts and are surprised that they gather resources faster than those of us who only have time to play a few hours a week. As it is it's going to be weeks before I even level up enough to participate in the raid or nightfall.

Tekku

Omg, I'm winning so many face to face duels with Suros users now, using Lord High. Especially at longer distances. It's orgasmic!

No, I don't really like Rocket Launchers but I use an Exodus Plan Void with Tracking in the vault. I also got a Solar EP. But the Hezen sounds good.

Hezen is epic for taking out mobs in close proximity... simply flattens a group of goblins stomping towards your position. In the gates you can jump in with 3 in the tube spam the center of the left or right gate and then use the last one or two rounds for any of the oracles. But i guess that was the point of it.

X-Frame

Is the Suros still worthy to fully upgrade to 300 Attack?

I've been waiting for the inevitable nerf before I invested the ass energy.

I love this argument. Like i said go into pvp and tell me you dont see/hear the suros everywhere. And lets not act like it wont be on sale again.

The point is if Bungie nerfs the exclusive items and gives the best weapons to xur there is ZERO point to playing endgame or actually being good.

At no point have I said Vex should have been nerfed. Just stop pretending how pedestrian shit is because you are so leet and strange coins rain like candy. The Suros is not nearly as omni present as people believe. If you are lvl 29-30 you are probably getting matched with other poop sockers who have the Suros, yes, but I can tell you at lvl 27, I am very rarely killed by (or hear) a Suros Regime in cruicble. A run of the mill AR or shotgun, all the time, as even basic ARs and shotties were imbalanced. I love this argument that coming up with 23 strange coins is some AFK freebie task, but getting lucky on RNG in a raid that has multiple exploits is the pinnacle of skill. You have to play the game regardless. Neither is solely dependant on skill.

Yeah Xur has its downsides. I got my Suros via a legit Atheon kill, but a lot of them out there simply bought it.

Today a friend of mine got dropped an Ice Breaker, but he bought it from Xur already. Xur is just for the impatient I think. Getting a weapon via a drop is so much more satisfying as well...

Getting exotics from drops just mean you got lucky from a RNG roll.
Getting exotics from xur at least requires you to put in the work to earn the strange coins.

Calling people who buy their exotics "impatient" is the equivalent of calling someone that works impatient, because they can't just wait for some non-guaranteed lottery windfall.

DesertFox

The Scout Rifle buff is brill - I've only used these as primary for the whole game (lvl26) and I'm now slaughtering everything in PvE compared to this morning :)
This is wonderful news. I've also been using scout rifles in PVE since the get go. Can't wait to try it out tonight.

E92 M3

All I know is that if Bungie managed Gears of War they would have nerfed the shotgun to hell and called it a day. They don't like embracing what the community finds enjoyable; they push their own ideas of fun and stick to them until it's too late. So people like using ARs in Destiny - let them have their fun, but buff the other weapons. Make them desirable. Instead, they nerf ARs and make Scounts amazing. Chances are people will jump to scout. Obviously, I've invested too much time into this game for this dumb patch to bother me so much.

Yes, the endgame content is exactly what kept me playing and playing. Now I have nothing to show for it. It's cool to have the strongest gun in PVE.

That said, I am sure Bungie will revert these changes - they have to - but the question is when? Will the playerbase be diminished by then? This patch was a heavy insult to all of the core PVE players.

Haha. Yes, prepare for the mass exodus from this game specifically because a busted ass weapon was nerfed into potentially being balanced. You done fucked up, Bungie!

All I know is that if Bungie managed Gears of War they would have nerfed the shotgun to hell and called it a day. They don't like embracing what the community finds enjoyable; they push their own ideas of fun and stick to them until it's too late. So people like using ARs in Destiny - let them have their fun, but buff the other weapons. Make them desirable. Instead, they nerf ARs and make Scounts amazing. Chances are people will jump to scout. Obviously, I've invested too much time into this game for this dumb patch to bother me so much.

I've noticed a significant increase in the time to death in fights against AR users. It's helping make it less bullshit, re: they saw you first half a second later you're dead. It's a good change so far.

Well according to Bungie, PvE players aren't even human and we should feel lucky that we are even allowed to bask in the glory of their amazing game. It's clear from the game's "campaign" and "story" just how much they care about the PvE, it's a pretty dramatic turnaround from the Halo days. The PvE in this game is as perfunctory and just there to check the box as the PvE in Call of Duty and Battlefield. Games like this only have a tiny PvE component so they don't end up like Titanfall I guess. So I don't get the feeling at all they are going to do anything for the PvE community, maybe their own internal numbers show that >90% of Destiny players do the PvP and PvE players really are a tiny minority. I might have been playing the wrong game this whole time and never even knew it.

ZOONAMI

I don't understand how it seems like everyone on here has the time to be pretty much playing this game all the time. I play 1-2 hours a day since launch. I have 13 coins, 1 character lvl 26 hunter. I completed the nightfall for the first time last night. I have never ran the raid. I think the percentage of people who have suros, ib, and mytho is pretty small.

SkylineRKR

Getting exotics from drops just mean you got lucky from a RNG roll.
Getting exotics from xur at least requires you to put in the work to earn the strange coins.

Calling people who buy their exotics "impatient" is the equivalent of calling someone that works impatient, because they can't just wait for some non-guaranteed lottery windfall.

Sure but in my case most things I bought also dropped eventually. Dice roll ofcourse which means its not the same for everyone, but its not like the item pool of Destiny is that big. The game is only out for like a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom