• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exhumed

So the rarest gun in the game, which is awarded from the hardest content in the game, is now weaker than many legendary weapons, and is only useful when the weekly burn is solar? Ok.

People are going to use it regardless. I know it's being mentioned already but top end players are a very small percentage of the player base.

Hoodbury

game is down for me with the error code marionberry? Lol wut

Marionberry is a local network settings error. This can happen for a number of reasons, but often it occurs after a WiFi blip or when network settings have changed on your home network or games console.

To resolve this issue please do the following:

Log off of Destiny
Turn off your PlayStation or Xbox console
Power-cycle your networking hardware (router, modem, etc.) by turning each item off, then waiting 30 seconds before turning them back on one by one, beginning with your modem
Once your home network is back up, turn on your PlayStation or Xbox console and relaunch Destiny

Frenden

Banned
Wouldn't be a problem of they had dedicated armor/weapons just for pvp

Iron Banner gear should be endgame, level 30 gear for PVP players that aren't interested in raiding. Make the mode harder to account for it.

If you do that, and have PVP drops akin to the Mythoclast, the field is level and all is well.

Really need the raid helmet, why is it the only thing that drops on the hard raid? Have the Gloves and an Exotic helmet but already maxed out my Sunbreakers. Hope I get it this week.

Bizazedo

The Mythoclast has a higher ROF, but it has a significantly lower ammo pool. Around 160 rounds. Further, Suros is more accurate with significantly higher range.

Yeah, we already established they nerfed it for PvE. How much of a higher ROF, though? 2x? 1.5x? 1.1x?

Namikaze1

When my team beat the raid on hard mode, the Epic Raider trophy was still at 0.1%

I even got the pic to prove it:
BzJYsANIcAAOkfp.jpg:orig

It took us a many hours, spread over a few days, to beat it. We definitely earned that trophy.

Navy Bean

Does the horrible material trade in for marks allow you to go over your weekly maximum? I'm going to be 5 vanguard marks short of buying a weapon after maxing out my marks this week. Infuriating!

Nope. You're screwed. You must play by Bungie's rules and at Bungie's pace.

Flo_Evans

Seems like shadow price is still decent stability. Hard Light though... Damn seems like it got hit hard that gun was just beginning to get as good as shadow price (almost fully upgraded) and now is kinda crap.

X-Frame

Yeah and people REALLY underestimate the range of handcannons. Some of them (like the Lord High Fixer) have really incredible range capabilities. They don't lose much power at all at distance and headshots are almost easier to pull off when the target is far away.

I really think they have the biggest payoff of any weapon in the game, because the damage is so high when you get control of your target acquisition and accuracy.

Is the "Send It" perk for the LHF overkill due to the Rangefinder upgrade?

I really, REALLY wish Bungie would allow you to transfer characters across different platforms.

I have the game on both PS4 and Xbox One because I have groups of friends that play on both, but my Xbox One character has way better gear because that group plays more frequently, and I can actually stand to play Crucible on that controller*.

I'd love to just be able to use the same character on both platforms, and considering all my character data is stored on Bungie.net anyway, I'm not sure why it's not possible.

*Nothing against the controller, it's a great controller. Purely personal preference, I'm more comfortable with the 'feel' of the sticks, triggers and ergonomics of the Xbox One controller for fast-paced multiplayer games.

Ken

I am getting crushed in PvP as a Sunsinger. Even with Firebrand, the start up animation makes me a real easy kill, especially in control.

Here's what I found success with as Sunsinger.

Firebolt grenades with the other traits for DoT damage from Firebolt and extended burning. As a tracking grenade, Firebolt ensures you hit something provided your aim isn't abysmal and the DoT + initial damage is usually lethal on unshielded dudes.

For melee the Flame Shield is the obvious choice since it lets you come out on top in most melee fights.

For your super, I really think Fireborn has the edge because Radiance is the one super that gets shut out by pretty much all other Supers. With Fireborn you can try to take a control point, maybe bait out a super, and come back with a million Firebolt grenades to flush out the point and finish people off. Also, don't be afraid to blow Radiance offensively for the grenade spam instead of always waiting for the self-res.

Aside from that it's going to be down to your gunplay more than anything, honestly.

Oh, and chucking as many Firebolts into rooms full of enemies as possible.

cakely

Sunsingers are still stupid in PvP. Now with shotguns nerfed its even harder to kill the assholes when they use their super.

Also Thorn bounty is infuriating. Who the fuck that was a good idea?

That one looked bad going in but I blew it out in about three hours last Saturday.

I strongly suspect they're awarding points for void assists. I'm a 1.0 k/d crucible player and it wasn't difficult at all.

Ken

With my playstyle I value intellect and discipline over strength, so I'm trying to funnel all my stats into those 2 categories and leave strength at 0. FWC is the only vendor to offer armor with those stats.

Kind of stinks since both my Titan and Warlock are FWC. WTB melee buffs so STR stacking is a thing.

Hand cannons are where it's at now... Just gotta get one up to 300 dmg.

Handcannons were always where it was at; it's a Bungie game remember?

Iron Banner gear should be endgame, level 30 gear for PVP players that aren't interested in raiding. Make the mode harder to account for it.

If you do that, and have PVP drops akin to the Mythoclast, the field is level and all is well.

Yeah, it's pretty no brainer. Remember when they were talking up how you'll be able to tell the difference between people late game that were focused Strikes, or Raid, or Crucible just from looking at their armor? That's not exactly happening at the moment for obvious reasons.

I have three exotics. Pocket Infinity, Plan C, and Icebreaker. Can a fella get a primary? YEESH.

Only exotic primary I've got is the Hardlight. The only primary exotic I WANT is the Multi-tool Scout Rifle. But in all my time in the game, the only person I've ever seen with it is one of my friends, who got it in a random drop.

Can someone explain super cooldowns to me?

In PvP, I see my super as being recharged by points - kills, captures, revives, etc.
In PvE, it's similar - kills, and also orbs.

So what does speccing into reduced super cooldowns get you? I don't see my super recharging much on its own.

blackflag

Yeah and people REALLY underestimate the range of handcannons. Some of them (like the Lord High Fixer) have really incredible range capabilities. They don't lose much power at all at distance and headshots are almost easier to pull off when the target is far away.

I really think they have the biggest payoff of any weapon in the game, because the damage is so high when you get control of your target acquisition and accuracy.

I used Lord High Fixer in the Hard Mode Raid last night and it was ridiculous. It wasn't even fully upgraded to 300 dmg. It was at 288 but it was 2 shotting goblins and hobgoblins from far away with precision shots. Destroyed supplicants too. Not great for Minotaurs though.

EL CUCO

Seems like shadow price is still decent stability. Hard Light though... Damn seems like it got hit hard that gun was just beginning to get as good as shadow price (almost fully upgraded) and now is kinda crap.

I currently have marks to spend. Really tempted to buy SP, or just use it for Shards. Shards seeem hardly worth it though at the rate the they're dropping in the Raid.

Ugh...decisions

Ken

In PvP, I see my super as being recharged by points - kills, captures, revives, etc.

So what does speccing into reduced super cooldowns get you? I don't see my super recharging much on its own.

It does recharge over time. It's pretty noticeable at higher percentages, I've felt.

I don't have any numbers though, just feelings!

For example, while doing the Shrine of Oryx mission, I had like a little over 1/3rd super by the time I examined both cracks (what a dumb mission).

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I've done VoG 4 times now and so far the only reward I've gotten is the Vex Mythoclast, which was cool in for the two days I had it until they nerfed it. Haven't gotten a single piece of armor. Just finished another run and got jack shit. This sucks balls, for real. Incredibly unrewarding, especially as I am the one coordinating the raids and taking on all of the hard roles, and I've spent a ton of time preparing for the raids. Don't think I have it in me to keep playing, considering just deleting my characters to cut this drip fed heroin bullshit.

ethomaz

Banned

It increases for doing nothing too.

So if you stay without do nothing it will increase slowly in both PVE e PVP... and kills will make the increase be faster and orbs even faster.

Bizazedo

Yeah, it's pretty no brainer. Remember when they were talking up how you'll be able to tell the difference between people late game that were focused Strikes, or Raid, or Crucible just from looking at their armor? That's not exactly happening at the moment for obvious reasons.

Such a rushed game haha.

I just want a gameplan, a roadmap, something to show me the future.

In PvE, it slowly charges on it's own over a period of time even if you're standing still doing nothing. I believe it's referring to that.

EDIT: Beaten with a FoH

Doesn't increasing intellect also increase the amount the bar refills for each individual kill/capture/revive?

It sure seems like it for me, but I'm at like 200 intellect at the moment.

Bizazedo

I've done VoG 4 times now and so far the only reward I've gotten is the Vex Mythoclast, which was cool in for the two days I had it until they nerfed it. Haven't gotten a single piece of armor. Just finished another run and got jack shit. This sucks balls, for real. Incredibly unrewarding, especially as I am the one coordinating the raids and taking on all of the hard roles, and I've spent a ton of time preparing for the raids. Don't think I have it in me to keep playing.

Getting nothing is common in Warcraft / raids, that's not unusual. The thing is, though, that you're normally part of a Guild so that even if you got nothing, you're still working at it to help your guildmates / friends and they'll help you in return.

Too bad Clans are broken, eh?

I think it's always recharging? Someone correct me.
Correct, it's always recharging.

cakely

With my playstyle I value intellect and discipline over strength, so I'm trying to funnel all my stats into those 2 categories and leave strength at 0. FWC is the only vendor to offer armor with those stats.

There are four pieces of armor with int + dis at the crucible handler, all named "DURGA-GNT TYPE 0" if you're a Titan. You can buy them at reputation level 2.

I have the gauntlets, chest armor, and leg armor from that vendor, along with an exotic helm (either saint-14 or inmost light, depending on what subclass i'm rolling with).

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Getting nothing is common in Warcraft / raids, that's not unusual. The thing is, though, that you're normally part of a Guild so that even if you got nothing, you're still working at it to help your guildmates / friends and they'll help you in return.

Too bad Clans are broken, eh?

I know, I raided a lot in WoW. This is frustrating as hell in comparison. Maybe I should just go back to WoW with the impending expansion, it'll probably be less time consuming and more rewarding.

I currently have marks to spend. Really tempted to buy SP, or just use it for Shards. Shards seeem hardly worth it though at the rate the they're dropping in the Raid.

Ugh...decisions

Don't buy the Shadow Price the Vanguard vendor sells, it doesn't have the Field Scout perk for extended mag. I wasted 150 Vanguard marks on mine only to find I spend more time reloading than I do shooting.

LiK

When my team beat the raid on hard mode, the Epic Raider trophy was still at 0.1%

I even got the pic to prove it:

It took us a many hours, spread over a few days, to beat it. We definitely earned that trophy.

we did it legit too. no cheese. sogood.

cakely

Doesn't increasing intellect also increase the amount the bar refills for each individual kill/capture/revive?

It sure seems like it for me, but I'm at like 200 intellect at the moment.

It does. When you have 100% effect (270ish int) you get about double the super bar gain per kill.

I had no idea that you also got bar for captures and revives, that's nice.

BadAss2961

Mythoclast damage with stability perk:

Before the nerf, 41 normal, 51 critical.

Post nerf, 23 normal, 35 critical.

Even including the 1.5 critical multiplier, the Suros still does more damage per shot.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...znvg9cxTV-aDs3dAD9AjJAMW6Xo/htmlview?sle=true

The data was originally just calculated by taking Bungie's word that there was a 34% decrease. Actual in game testing shows a 44% decrease.
So in other words, Vex badly needs a buff.

gatti-man

As a 95% PvE player, I love Xur at the moment. I would like to see all of the optional faction vendors get balanced with accepting both Vanguard and Crucible marks more than anything.

I lov xur too but do you think its good game design to have the absolute best weapons and speeder available from xur? Shouldnt there be a tier thats a little better earned through actually playijg the challenging content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom