• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
For something a little different:

If you haven't read all the Grimoire cards, you might not know that they explain the origins of the Future War Cult and the fact that they likely either created the Exos or reverse engineered them. A summary from a poster on Bungie's forum:

It's also suggested (by the poster) that the Stranger could be using the device, time traveling around (explaining her brand of teleportation), and the pulse rifle she gives you is likely made with parts from the future.
I dismantled the pulse rifle the second I got it lol.

LiK

No, that's the weekly strike that has guaranteed coins. Nightfall has a chance of the reward being strange coins.

best haul was 10 coins for NF. i was like, dayam~

Today's your lucky day, you can tether all you want with grandfathered unlimited data and Verizon won't care

I'm assuming you're using an LTE device at this point, enjoy your landline Internet speeds and latency :D

wait, really? i thought tethering killed it. need to look this up.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
A little annoyed since it's literally the only way to make progress and there's a lockout.

Also, funny, saw level 30 guy appear on the tower and immediately put on green gear so no one would invite him. lol

Agent

Has anyone had to send their PS4 in for service lately? If so, how long did it take?

My PS4 died so I'm waiting for the coffin to arrive from Sony. They said it would take 2 weeks to get it back. I'm thinking of going and getting the white one tonight and then selling my black one when it gets back with Destiny (already have the game). It seems like I would be out maybe $75-$100 after all is said and done. Or maybe I should just be patient.

I don't know why they don't give an option to send one right away and keep a charge on your card until they get the broken one in and verify it is covered by the warranty. Two weeks seems a bit crazy to me.

why do i only get shards from nighfall, every... single...time.

Also do the raid and get shards....

Man, 1 exotic bounty for the invective and my playtime is around 3 days.

This game hates me

Im in the same boat, 3 full days of playtime, got 2 shards from completing nightfall today :/

I havent seen a single exotic bounty either, and i must have completed about a hundred normal bounties...

Hahaha, you won't regret it, they are extremely powerful. I probably won't be on until 6pm CST or maybe a bit after, but maybe sooner. I need to swing by the store after work real quick.

Sounds good on the time. Let's plan on 6pm CT or so. That'll give me a chance to decompress after work for a bit.

The one that is currently showing looks like a dream. Glass half full, Field Scout, Feeding Frenzy.

You have got to be kidding me. I just bought the lesser one an hour ago. Why does it not have a timer refresh. Damn it. More and more this weekly mark crap is getting annoying. I wouldn't mind just buying it again if I was going to be able to get the marks for it.

Ken

A little annoyed since it's literally the only way to make progress and there's a lockout.

Also, funny, saw level 30 guy appear on the tower and immediately put on green gear so no one would invite him. lol

ouch, im on third raid this week

if i dont get raid armor still i'll be sad

BraXzy

One day, I'll have raid gear to spend my ass shards on. And it shall be glorious.

82d551922bdd49c752ddfd4a2387a8e9.png

Patroclos

Banned
Has anyone had to send their PS4 in for service lately? If so, how long did it take?

My PS4 died so I'm waiting for the coffin to arrive from Sony. They said it would take 2 weeks to get it back. I'm thinking of going and getting the white one tonight and then selling my black one when it gets back with Destiny (already have the game). It seems like I would be out maybe $75-$100 after all is said and done. Or maybe I should just be patient.

I don't know why they don't give an option to send one right away and keep a charge on your card until they get the broken one in and verify it is covered by the warranty. Two weeks seems a bit crazy to me.

I've sent 2 in but not recently, thought I was going to have to send a third but found a trick to fix a power brick issue that worked great. What is wrong with yours?

It took a week and a half to 2 weeks for both that I sent in. Make them give you a free copy of a 1st party game. they did for me.

wait, really? i thought tethering killed it. need to look this up.

Depending on what device you have, you can probably bypass the little Verizon guard puppy that comes up when you try to activate the WiFi Hotspot without even rooting. Of course you can go ahead and root if you want and disable the guard puppy permanently. I don't know what device you have but the XDA Developers subforum for your device should get you on your way to happy tethering days :3

Bizazedo

i have a maxed helm of inner light but i'd love an armamentarium

I maxed out the Helm of Inner Light and the Saint-14 helm. I also have the Skullfort, but it's kind of in a no-man's land of not special like the other two :(. It just looks amazing.

LiK

Depending on what device you have, you can probably bypass the little Verizon guard puppy that comes up when you try to activate the WiFi Hotspot without even rooting. Of course you can go ahead and root if you want and disable the guard puppy permanently. I don't know what device you have but the XDA Developers subforum for your device should get you on your way to happy tethering days :3

using iPhone5

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
The Vanquish XIII feels exactly the same. Still able to shoot around Cabal shields at medium-long range even without the stability mod active (I prefer the Field Scout perk). I did notice less critical hit damage since I was playing the same mission directly before and after the patch, but nothing crippling. And since I don't bother with Destiny's middling PvP game, I doubt I'll notice any real difference.

LiK

wait, is Raid on Hard gonna be tougher with the fix i just read here? What is kill volume?

Templar Encounter

Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them

Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Agent

I've sent 2 in but not recently, thought I was going to have to send a third but found a trick to fix a power brick issue that worked great. What is wrong with yours?

It took a week and a half to 2 weeks for both that I sent in. Make them give you a free copy of a 1st party game. they did for me.

It randomly turns off while playing and will not turn on. The only way to bring it back to life is to unplug the HDMI cable, then plug it back in after the white light comes on. I've tried multiple cables and TV ports to the same result. Even then it is only a matter if time before it dies again (anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours). Not an ideal situation when trying to raid, etc.

My biggest problem I don't want to be without it for 2 weeks and miss things in Destiny. Despite the issues I greatly enjoy playing lol.

mildewproduction

Never had a problem with Destiny, and then last night I got booted from every single PvE fireteam I was on, over and over and over again. Even at the Tower. My audio was also choppy when talking through the game. If I switched to Party chat the audio was smooth.

Kept getting an error code: Bee. I'm probably screwed.

Got the Found Verdict from the Raid. Didn't show up because my special weapons slot was full, at least I had something good waiting for me when I went back to the Tower. :lol

Ken

Got the Found Verdict from the Raid. Didn't show up because my special weapons slot was full, at least I had something good waiting for me when I went back to the Tower. :lol

What ever happened to them saying that there was supposed to be an extra reward after defeating Atheon and that it'd show up in the mail until they fixed it? Or am I misremembering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom