• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
It may be placebo, but this maxxed out scout rifle with explosive rounds I had stashed just did pretty good for itself, lolz.

DesertFox

It does recharge over time. It's pretty noticeable at higher percentages, I've felt.

I don't have any numbers though, just feelings!

For example, while doing the Shrine of Oryx mission, I had like a little over 1/3rd super by the time I examined both cracks (what a dumb mission).
8e38e85e-c4b8-4002-9c17-7575bba8e735.jpg

Doesn't increasing intellect also increase the amount the bar refills for each individual kill/capture/revive?

It sure seems like it for me, but I'm at like 200 intellect at the moment.

Can anyone confirm that increasing intellect increases the amount you get refilled for kills etc?

In PvE, it slowly charges on it's own over a period of time even if you're standing still doing nothing. I believe it's referring to that.

EDIT: Beaten with a FoH

It increases for doing nothing too.

So if you stay without do nothing it will increase slowly in both PVE e PVP... and kills will make the increase be faster and orbs even faster.

Will it charge on its own in PvP as well?

Did Bungie ever explain - even in bullshit 'lore' terms - why the three clans only accept crucible marks?

I mean, what's the reason for arbitrarily limiting those who prefer the PvE to one vendor, while offering people who like Crucible 3 vendors? Is it just a calculated effort to push people into the PvP, with the expectation that like CoD, the multiplayer will far outlive the 'singleplayer' campaign?

It's just annoying playing on my PSN account, where pretty much none of my friends play PvP, that I'm stuck with only the ugliest Titan body armor. :(

Le sigh...

Ken

Dinklebot has weird fetishes!

Did Bungie ever explain - even in bullshit 'lore' terms - why the three clans only accept crucible marks?

I mean, what's the reason for arbitrarily limiting those who prefer the PvE to one vendor, while offering people who like Crucible 3 vendors? Is it just a calculated effort to push people into the PvP, with the expectation that like CoD, the multiplayer will far outlive the 'singleplayer' campaign?

It's just annoying playing on my PSN account, where pretty much none of my friends play PvP, that I'm stuck with only the ugliest Titan body armor. :(

Le sigh...

Bungie read the words "faction rep" and "PVP vendors" in the guidebook to basic MMOs, said "that sounds cool and hip," and took off with it without reading the descriptions to create their own ideal vision of these two terms.

DesertFox

There are four pieces of armor with int + dis at the crucible handler, all named "DURGA-GNT TYPE 0" if you're a Titan. You can buy them at reputation level 2.

I have the gauntlets, chest armor, and leg armor from that vendor, along with an exotic helm (either saint-14 or inmost light, depending on what subclass i'm rolling with).
I'd blow a blood vessel if I had to grind enough crucible rep for that. I got the FWC to rank 2 without ever touching the busted ass pvp.

k1t4j

why do i only get shards from nighfall, every... single...time.

Also do the raid and get shards....

Man, 1 exotic bounty for the invective and my playtime is around 3 days.

This game hates me

Oscar

Was gone for a week, noticed AR's got a slight nerf. I wonder why they didn't touch Pulse Rifles.

Any notable scout rifles attainable through Vendors? Leaning towards the Dead Orbit one just for looks.

Was gone for a week, noticed AR's got a slight nerf. I wonder why they didn't touch Pulse Rifles.

Any notable scout rifles attainable through Vendors? Leaning towards the Dead Orbit one just for looks.

I have the dead orbit one (Crypt Dweller). Out of the vanguard one and crypt dweller, unless you find the vanguard one with explosive damage, the Crypt Dweller feels better. I tried both and the ROF and reload speed of the vanguard is slow for both. It has a bigger clip but with the crypt dweller taking like 1s to reload it doesn't make that much of a difference.

So in short, go for it. It has less impact, but the speed makes up for it.

dacalo

why do i only get shards from nighfall, every... single...time.

Also do the raid and get shards....

Man, 1 exotic bounty for the invective and my playtime is around 3 days.

This game hates me

Stick with it man RNG works both ways; you may get a bunch of exotics in a span of a few days.

realcZk

I'm joining the HC club. But, uh, that means I have to start aiming, right?

Ska says I can't aim. Dammit. I must learn. I'm taking the blue HC to our NF encounter tonight.

I'm thinking 5:30pm CT for the NF? Work for you? Can't imagine this one will be too bad.

Hahaha, you won't regret it, they are extremely powerful. I probably won't be on until 6pm CST or maybe a bit after, but maybe sooner. I need to swing by the store after work real quick.

DesertFox

The one they're currently selling actually does! :D atleast on the app it is
Omg I didn't know that their stock refreshes. There's no indicator of a stock refresh like with other vendors.

Son of a... I paused before spending the marks too because I felt like I should wait for a stock refresh for one with better perks but didn't see a timer so I figured that's the only one they were ever gonna sell.

.hacked

Holy shit I can remote play from my ps4 at home on my vita here at work. Lag is a little worse than at home but amazing that it is even possible. Great for collecting iron and helium for upgrades and patrol mission bounties.

Bravo Sony well done!

EL CUCO

Omg I didn't know that their stock refreshes. There's no indicator of a stock refresh like with other vendors.

Son of a... I paused before spending the marks too because I felt like I should wait for a stock refresh for one with better perks but didn't see a timer so I figured that's the only one they were ever gonna sell.

The one that is currently showing looks like a dream. Glass half full, Field Scout, Feeding Frenzy.

LiK

Holy shit I can remote play from my ps4 at home on my vita here at work. Lag is a little worse than at home but amazing that it is even possible. Great for collecting iron and helium for upgrades and patrol mission bounties.

Bravo Sony well done!

if my workplace allowed us access to wifi, i would do that too during lunch. fuck my workplace.

BokehKing

Banned
This Deej interview on Guardian Radio is great, they are pretty much putting him on the spot and asking tough questions with valid complaints

Hoodbury

500 void kills is killing me man

It will do more than just kill you. But at least when you're done with that part you only have 1 part left which is cake.

Devils cake with acid and fire and poison and bee stings and a thousand ant bites. But have fun with that.

For something a little different:

If you haven't read all the Grimoire cards, you might not know that they explain the origins of the Future War Cult and the fact that they likely either created the Exos or reverse engineered them. A summary from a poster on Bungie's forum:

Humanity had a "device" which enabled them to see the future or futures. During "The Golden Age" probably and they knew something way off into the future that was bound to cause a problem (darkness most likely). This prompted the creation / use of this Device Lets just call it (The Device). This device enabled them to observe and see into the future.

In 11 of the observed futures The Darkness won (more poetically phrased in the cards^^). 1 or 2 futures were fine, but for the most part things looked grim.
The problem was that humans weren't able to cope with the visions the "Device" gave them, depending on their nature and severity. Some survived, but most died and the program was abandoned until The Future war Cult was Founded By survivors, haunted by what ever they saw.

They Created The Exo, in order to gain more information through this "Device" and in turn prevent the darkness ending life on earth. Human minds were to frail and struggled with what they saw. The Exo however could handle it. They were created for it.

The Future war cult believes that an inevitable war is in the future because they saw a lot of futures at one point. This all happened Pre-collapse.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/72229891/0/0

It's also suggested (by the poster) that the Stranger could be using the device, time traveling around (explaining her brand of teleportation), and the pulse rifle she gives you is likely made with parts from the future.

Acorn

It will do more than just kill you. But at least when you're done with that part you only have 1 part left which is cake.

Devils cake with acid and fire and poison and bee stings and a thousand ant bites. But have fun with that.
Anything is better than pvp exotic bounty crap.

Completed my first Nightfall Strike (solo) and was rewarded the Crest of Alpha Lupi for my 28 Hunter which is the chest piece I wanted most. I thought you were supposed to get Strange Coins as well for Nightfall? I didn't receive any.

I tried to use remote play from out of town this last weekend but it didn't work for me. I think the issue was I couldn't log in to PSN. I read that it can be an issue where you have to go through the web browser first and log in to a service. The web browser did indeed bring up a Cox page. I was visiting my father, I'm guessing I needed his ISP credentials and then it probably would have worked?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Completed my first Nightfall Strike (solo) and was rewarded the Crest of Alpha Lupi for my 28 Hunter which is the chest piece I wanted most. I thought you were supposed to get Strange Coins as well for Nightfall? I didn't receive any.

No, that's the weekly strike that has guaranteed coins. Nightfall has a chance of the reward being strange coins.

Oscar

I have the dead orbit one (Crypt Dweller). Out of the vanguard one and crypt dweller, unless you find the vanguard one with explosive damage, the Crypt Dweller feels better. I tried both and the ROF and reload speed of the vanguard is slow for both. It has a bigger clip but with the crypt dweller taking like 1s to reload it doesn't make that much of a difference.

So in short, go for it. It has less impact, but the speed makes up for it.

Nice, thanks for the info man. Definitely getting the Crypt Dweller.

The game is dwindling down for me. I think my weekly play through consists of weekly heroic and nightfall for coins and Raid on hard with my group. I've gotten to the point where I don't even feel the need to hit lvl 30 or get the mythoclast since they nerfed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom