• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
I don't care for PvP, but the Vex was awesome in PvE. Now there isn't much point in using it where I don't need Solar damage... So basically I should just not use it over the Ice Breaker now.

Vex was like getting a J Sword, or Dark Flow in PSO. Now Destiny doesn't have any awesome weapons that stand out over the others. It took me 160 hours to get it, and yet it is now nerfed to the point that it is as useful as the Handcannon I picked up at LV20.

RNGesus is trying to win my favor back after the "5 strange coins" incident from two nightfall runs last week.

Solo'd this afternoon, got Patience and Time as a reward.

Comes on the heels of Ice Breaker Weekend, so RNGesus still has some work to do to win me over.

Ken

RNGesus is trying to win my favor back after the "5 strange coins" incident from two nightfall runs last week.

Solo'd this afternoon, got Patience and Time as a reward.

Comes on the heels of Ice Breaker Weekend, so RNGesus still has some work to do to win me over.

I got P&T before Xur Ice Breakers and I don't see myself using it much outside of Arc burns. :(

E92 M3

Bungie can do whatever the fuck they want with PVP - but messing with PVE because of PVP is still the dumbest shit ever. It's childish. It ruined a prestigious hard raid reward (some of us went through the whole raid). I had to constantly try with different groups and it was exhausting. The Vex is supposed to be the prime reward for achieving something many want. Now they just made everything equal. I just hate the whole "everyone needs to be equal" mentality. I wasted a lot of weekends on Destiny and I want something cool to show for it. I want to murder the Vex with their own weapons and enjoy it.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Yeah and people REALLY underestimate the range of handcannons. Some of them (like the Lord High Fixer) have really incredible range capabilities. They don't lose much power at all at distance and headshots are almost easier to pull off when the target is far away.

I really think they have the biggest payoff of any weapon in the game, because the damage is so high when you get control of your target acquisition and accuracy.

Agreed. When my aim is good I can drop people far faster then if I'm aiming just as well with an AR. Too bad my aim sucks 80% of the time. :\

LiK

Bungie can do whatever the fuck they want with PVP - but messing with PVE because of PVP is still the dumbest shit ever. It's childish. It ruined a prestigious hard raid reward (some of us went through the whole raid). I had to constantly try with different groups and it was exhausting. The Vex is supposed to be the prime reward for achieving something many want. Now they just made everything equal. I just hate the whole "everyone needs to be equal" mentality. I wasted a lot of weekends on Destiny and I want something cool to show for it. I want to murder the Vex with their own weapons and enjoy it.

it's weird they aren't able to balance the weapons between PVE and PVP. why do they have to be the same across both modes?

Hoodbury

Someone tell me the best method for void kills in pvp?

Here's what I posted earlier in the thread:
I'd suggest doing one of the smaller game sized modes like Rumble or Skirmish as they have the smaller maps in their rotation. I started at Rumble and was going real slow and switched to Skirmish and did a lot better. Something about having the support of teammates helps me out. Try to have both your special weapon and your heavy weapon both be Void damage. I'd suggest a Void machine gun over a rocket launcher as you can usually get more kills.

I also had to do something I never do in PvP games and that is leave games where I'm just extremely over matched. I felt bad leaving, but this bounty is such BS that losing too many points and making it drag on even longer was just too much for me and my morals. Normally when people are beating me, I'll stick it out and let them get their win over me; they deserve it in my opinion.

I can't really recommend Fusion rifle or shotgun as I suck with both but I ended up using a fusion rifle. I only had a rare one so it wasn't even that good. But other people do just fine with shotguns, so use whichever one you are more comfortable with.

Also keep in mind assists count, so stick with your teammates and try to 'tag' every enemy so you can at least get assists.

Took me around 4 hours to complete. Have fun :p

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Thanks to lZR0COOLl for running the Nightfall with me. It was a good run. I got a Legendary Engram out of it, that unfortunately turned blue.

However, I just realized that's not supposed to happen anymore, right?

So, did the new patch screw it up? Should I be contacting Bungie??

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Mine didn't have the Glass Half Full and Field Scout and I checked earlier they're there
And you are 100% sure that the weapon at the Vendor did not have those perks before and that you bought your weapon at that Vendor?
I'm 99,999999% sure that the guns or the perks on them have not changed; Mark Vendors have not changed their stock since launch, and unless Bungie patches it in, they never will.

If you have a gun that is available at a Mark Vendor but with different perks, most likely one of the following things happened;
- You got it as a reward for a Nightfall.
- You got it from a Rare or Legendary Engram.
- You got it from a package for leveling up the Vanguard.

If something changed, it has to have changed just a few hours ago, as before that, when i went to check, nothing had changed. The app is incorrect.

I got P&T before Xur Ice Breakers and I don't see myself using it much outside of Arc burns. :(

Yep. Can't imagine it being a priority to level by any means when I am already tossing around Ice Breaker between my characters, and in almost all scenarios IB wrecks shop.

At the very least though, I can stop saying I have never gotten an exotic drop in the game.

I don't care for PvP, but the Vex was awesome in PvE. Now there isn't much point in using it where I don't need Solar damage... So basically I should just not use it over the Ice Breaker now.

Vex was like getting a J Sword, or Dark Flow in PSO. Now Destiny doesn't have any awesome weapons that stand out over the others. It took me 160 hours to get it, and yet it is now nerfed to the point that it is as useful as the Handcannon I picked up at LV20.

It took someone inviting you into a hard lobby and pushing a guy off a ledge to get it. You really worked hard for it.

The game has plenty of awesome weapons that stand out.

Yeah and people REALLY underestimate the range of handcannons. Some of them (like the Lord High Fixer) have really incredible range capabilities. They don't lose much power at all at distance and headshots are almost easier to pull off when the target is far away.

I really think they have the biggest payoff of any weapon in the game, because the damage is so high when you get control of your target acquisition and accuracy.

Thorn is basically a tiny sniper rifle. The majority of my kills with it are headshots; the rest are DoT kills.

LiK

Thanks to lZR0COOLl for running the Nightfall with me. It was a good run. I got a Legendary Engram out of it, that unfortunately turned blue.

wtf

Wow, that sucks dude.

Doesn't increasing intellect also increase the amount the bar refills for each individual kill/capture/revive?

It sure seems like it for me, but I'm at like 200 intellect at the moment.

Can anyone confirm that increasing intellect increases the amount you get refilled for kills etc?

In PvE, it slowly charges on it's own over a period of time even if you're standing still doing nothing. I believe it's referring to that.

EDIT: Beaten with a FoH

It increases for doing nothing too.

So if you stay without do nothing it will increase slowly in both PVE e PVP... and kills will make the increase be faster and orbs even faster.

Will it charge on its own in PvP as well?

Ovek

7Member7

I don't see why the guns in the game can't have two set of stats for PvE and PvP. Then they can equalise PvP stats to there hearts content without effecting PvE.

LOL!

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be laughing at you. Wtf, Bungie.

You can feel the damage difference in the suros in PvP, the crit hits are not taking 50% of a players health away any longer, more like a third.

I still see a lot of galahad-e users :/

It took someone inviting you into a hard lobby and pushing a guy off a ledge to get it. You really worked hard for it.

The game has plenty of awesome weapons that stand out.

rekt

Yeah, let's not mistake "playing for 160 hours prior to getting something" for "working 160 hours for something".

Whoops, looks like my Warlock was the one who didn't do the Weekly Heroic yet. Oh well, got a Mote of Light out of it in the progress. :lol

Tekku

Is the "Send It" perk for the LHF overkill due to the Rangefinder upgrade?

No, I wouldn't say so. Range and accuracy are probably the most important stats for handcannons since you want to get frequent headshots at all distances. The Lord High Fixer is capable of dealing the highest amount of damage at the longest range of any handcannon in the game. It's a major deal in both PvE and PvP if you want to play it safe and still be lethal.

I'm buying The Chance next (FWC handcannon). It's quite the opposite to Lord High with short range but high stability and reload. A true close quarters gun, just like The Last Word. My hope is that it will have some hidden potential because I haven't seen anyone using it or even talking about it. But maybe it's pure crap, who knows. It will fit my handcannon collection well in any case. :)

gatti-man

Uhhhh, the vex still looks pretty damn solid based on that video. I love how the guy is like... wow this sucks, as he casually kill streaks players who even have the drop on him. Lol at "got killed by a pistol" It's a fucking hand cannon bra, and us hand cannoners don't take kindly to your patronizing tone. I need to rewatch the earlier vex PvP vids, I think I forgot how ridic OP that was in PvP. If that is what it looks like post "massive nerf" I am glad they did it (in PvP that is. No need to nerf anything in PvE)
a good hand cannon player is a force in pvp. There arent that many but boy do they melt face.

jay23

And you are 100% sure that the weapon at the Vendor did not have those perks before and that you bought your weapon at that Vendor?
I'm 99,999999% sure that the guns or the perks on them have not changed; Mark Vendors have not changed their stock since launch, and unless Bungie patches it in, they never will.

If you have a gun that is available at a Mark Vendor but with different perks, most likely one of the following things happened;

If something changed, it has to have changed just a few hours ago, as before that, when i went to check, nothing had changed. The app is incorrect.

They should change it, everyone is gonna have the exact same gear end game.

cakely

I'd blow a blood vessel if I had to grind enough crucible rep for that. I got the FWC to rank 2 without ever touching the busted ass pvp.

Well, I enjoy the pvp, so it worked out.

Come to think of it though, how are you going to buy anything at FWC without crucible marks?

Definity

Bungle needs to allow me to switch out weapons in the vault to other characters from the companion app. I've gained weight now from all the sandwiches I've made with the tower loading screen.

E92 M3

it's weird they aren't able to balance the weapons between PVE and PVP. why do they have to be the same across both modes?

I don't see why the guns in the game can't have two set of stats for PvE and PvP. Then they can equalise PvP stats to there hearts content without effecting PvE.

Of course it makes sense for them to do it like that, but it requires more effort. Or they didn't think their systems through. Either way, it's dumb as shit, and by the time they get back to buffing the Vex the game will be in a different state. They have so MUCH competition this year with other shooters, instead of fucking over the core group of crack addicts (us) they need to realize that the there are two different communities that require different balances.

I am about to find myself another drug if this continues.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

The app list the perks incorrectly. Really sucks.

darthbob

What did it actually turn into? Specifically.

Cruxist

Finished Nightfall earlier aaaaaaaand....

5 Strange Coins.

Because the game is punishing me for getting the raid helmet yesterday, apparently...

how? I cant really say as I personally have not seen a legendary engram after the patch believe it or not. but wow

Bungle needs to allow me to switch out weapons in the vault to other characters from the companion app. I've gained weight now from all the sandwiches I've made with the tower loading screen.

umm yeah.. I hate having to switch out my guns from my wifes chacrter to mine when she plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom