• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bungie can do whatever the fuck they want with PVP - but messing with PVE because of PVP is still the dumbest shit ever. It's childish. It ruined a prestigious hard raid reward (some of us went through the whole raid). I had to constantly try with different groups and it was exhausting. The Vex is supposed to be the prime reward for achieving something many want. Now they just made everything equal. I just hate the whole "everyone needs to be equal" mentality. I wasted a lot of weekends on Destiny and I want something cool to show for it. I want to murder the Vex with their own weapons and enjoy it.

Yes that's exactly how I feel. PVP and PVE are two Seperate things. Seems completely idiotic that the changes they make apply to both

Edit: recently completed the bounty for pocket infinity and was so excited to level it and see how much fun this weapon can be in PVE. Now I'm gonna be reloading most of the time :-/

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
What did it actually turn into? Specifically.

A Fusion Rifle if I remember right. I'm gonna have to log back in to check. I didn't think anything of it when it happened as all my purple stuff would turn blue before the patch. I'm pretty sure this is my first purple engram post patch and when somebody from my clan pointed out that that shouldn't be happening anymore I realized he was right, and now I'm really disappointed.

Actually, something similar like this happened to me earlier. Let me see if I can find the post as now I wonder if that was post patch too.

J-Rzez

So scout rifles are good now right? Which are the best for purchase? I have rep up to all the factions to buy one. The only odd one is the FWC one as it doesn't have that agility buff? But looks like you can max it's range out. I already have a good hand cannon for PvP and pve outside of never getting an exotic to drop for me.... Lord knows I'd love a last word or something.

Of course it makes sense for them to do it like that, but it requires more effort. Or they didn't think their systems through. Either way, it's dumb as shit, and by the time they get back to buffing the Vex the game will be in a different state. They have so MUCH competition this year with other shooters, instead of fucking over the core group of crack addicts (us) they need to realize that the there are two different communities that require different balances.

I am about to find myself another drug if this continues.

I would of been perfectly fine having the Mytho be exclusive to PVE, it's a Hard Mode PVE reward afterall, they can't expect PVP focused players to run that kind of content. My solution, Check mark box, combat zone [x], sorry you cannot equip this weapon In a combat zone.

Vespene

Holy shit. Just did a kill the target bounty in patrol and it was an archon priest. New activities!

baby-steps.jpg

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I would of been perfectly fine having the Mytho be exclusive to PVE, it's a Hard Mode PVE reward afterall, they can't expect PVP focused players to run that kind of content. My solution, Check mark box, combat zone [x], sorry you cannot equip this weapon In a combat zone.

Exactly! They have that check box for ammo synthesis.

Just completed the weekly's at level 28.

Fuck this, I'm not doing this week's nightfall.

Why not? I often find nightfall to be easier than the weekly 28 because of the burn damage boost. Seriously if you have someone with atheon's epilogue, a decent void sniper or a good void lmg it's cake. All three, it's tiramasu.

BraXzy

Managed to find someone who was near the end of the nightfall to quickly tag credit on my alt. I ended up getting a legendary which is probably what I deserve for not doing the whole thing haha.

rNilla

When I played the beta I assumed the Crucible weapons and gear were for PVP only. It's neat this isn't the case but not neat that balancing for PVP affects PVE.

Just completed the weekly's at level 28.

Fuck this, I'm not doing this week's nightfall.

I actually found the Nightfall to be easier due to the Void Burn (I have Atheon's Epilogue and a void Unfriendly Giant). And the penalty for dying made me play much more cautiously and thus, more efficiently than I did in the Weekly.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
full auto scout rifle acquired, and with the recent nerfs/buffs, thinking I'll switch from the AR collection.

Does anyone know how much ammo you carry with it once field scout is unlocked? can't seem to find that info

Managed to find someone who was near the end of the nightfall to quickly tag credit on my alt. I ended up getting a legendary which is probably what I deserve for not doing the whole thing haha.

I wonder if they changed the nightfall loot table. I have three characters I run it on and the chance to get exotics has always been high.Everyone in all three of my groups recieved legendaries this week. That's strange to me, since usually at least one person per group has gotten an exotic for me over the past month.

Hoodbury

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132453284&postcount=4154

So, yeah, on October 1st, the exact same thing happened. Finished the Nightfall. Got a legendary engram. Rahool turned it into a blue machine gun. Immediately dismantled. That is post patch.

So...are purple engrams supposed to be purple or not??? Is this working as designed? If not, then their "fix" is broken and I want my purples.

Seems weird. How sure are you that it was a legendary one? You sure you didn't just look too quickly at something else, or someone else actually got the legendary item?

You'd think if this was happening it would be an uproar and all this thread would be talking about.

Not saying your wrong, just trying to make sure, heh.

BraXzy

I wonder if they changed the nightfall loot table. I have three characters I run it on and the chance to get exotics has always been high.Everyone in all three of my groups recieved legendaries this week. That's strange to me, since usually at least one person per group has gotten an exotic for me over the past month.

My main got coins like it did last week so I doubt anything has changed :L

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Seems weird. How sure are you that it was a legendary one? You sure you didn't just look too quickly at something else, or someone else actually got the legendary item?

You'd think if this was happening it would be an uproar and all this thread would be talking about.

Not saying your wrong, just trying to make sure, heh.

Hmmm, that's actually possible as I've done it before. Now I'm not sure how I would actually check to see if that's the case.

darthbob

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132453284&postcount=4154

So, yeah, on October 1st, the exact same thing happened. Finished the Nightfall. Got a legendary engram. Rahool turned it into a blue machine gun. Immediately dismantled. That is post patch.

So...are purple engrams supposed to be purple or not??? Is this working as designed? If not, then their "fix" is broken and I want my purples.

Weird...

I was thinking that maybe you got a Mote of Light or something, but a Blue HMG? wtf bungle

Carn82

Yes, got my first Exotic Bounty. Chose "A Dubious Task". When completing 5 strikes without dying, does it have to be consecutive or just 5 total?

The PvP part of the bounty took me a while, but I pretty much suck at PvP, heh. But the strikes are easy; just do Sepiks or The Nexus (if you have some solid other players)

cakely

I've run the last two nightfalls. First time I got a MIDA multi-tool, second time, nothing but coins.

Oh, and that sweet, sweet, glowy head.

DesertFox

Well, I enjoy the pvp, so it worked out.

Come to think of it though, how are you going to buy anything at FWC without crucible marks?

Yeah those I still have to play PVP for. I mean, I WANT to like PVP, I just have terrible luck it seems. Always getting killed by SUROS or Vex (which should be less of a problem now) and having 90% of my titan bubbles blasted by a void bomb. Always seems like the enemy can sit in a bubble over a control point for ages - but the second I try it I'm bathed in purple explosions. Just bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom