• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haines

Banned
Holy crap my vision scout feels way better.

I kina hope bungie limits the cheesing on nighfalls somehow. Find a couple good hiding spots and shits over ez

cilonen

Is there a way to run through a normal strike without it trying to matchmake for you? I've stayed away from the strikes but after soloing the last two weeklies I'd like to give the others a shot solo straight from the planet maps.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Weird...

I was thinking that maybe you got a Mote of Light or something, but a Blue HMG? wtf bungle

Well I might be wrong about that first nightfall being post patch now that I look at the patch notes. They just say October and not the day so perhaps that happened before the patch went live?

JohnIIVII

Finally got around to doing the raid today and beat it for the first time! We kept the templar from teleporting and got the 5th chest which was rough haha! No raid gear drops mostly just ass mats but did get patience and time and vision of confluence. Pretty fun experience overall.

Is there a way to run through a normal strike without it trying to matchmake for you? I've stayed away from the strikes but after soloing the last two weeklies I'd like to give the others a shot solo straight from the planet maps.

In the roster, you can change your fire team status to Closed.

Afrocious

Setting up a VoG Heroic raid group for 6pm (bout 10 min from now). Inviting my usual folks of course, but so far I only see figs, daraman, and namakazie online.

geordiemp

No, I wouldn't say so. Range and accuracy are probably the most important stats for handcannons since you want to get frequent headshots at all distances. The Lord High Fixer is capable of dealing the highest amount of damage at the longest range of any handcannon in the game. It's a major deal in both PvE and PvP if you want to play it safe and still be lethal.

I'm buying The Chance next (FWC handcannon). It's quite the opposite to Lord High with short range but high stability and reload. A true close quarters gun, just like The Last Word. My hope is that it will have some hidden potential because I haven't seen anyone using it or even talking about it. But maybe it's pure crap, who knows. It will fit my handcannon collection well in any case. :)

I play with a chance, i felt I needed high stability to be good in PVP to be able to fire at max RPM. Otherwise you waiting for the kick animation to reset. Perfect balance is best perk for hand guns IMO....

I went positive in every pVP game with chance before the AR nerf. Went toe to toe with Suros mid range no problems...Cant wait now.....

Also got last word, I use CHANCE as a mid range last word. Its range is also nice, easily doing max damage on most PVP maps except the vehicle ones.

Also the grenade increase for kills is nice. It does need a fast reloading gun perk in armour though to be not frustrating with only 6 bullets.

I find 6 bullets is enough before taking cover....except in VOG oracles but I switch to Ice breaker when needed

blackflag

Yep. Can't imagine it being a priority to level by any means when I am already tossing around Ice Breaker between my characters, and in almost all scenarios IB wrecks shop.

At the very least though, I can stop saying I have never gotten an exotic drop in the game.

Well if you snipe in PVP it's much better than Icebreaker for that.

Yaari

I would really like to get a MIDI Multi Tool. I like the Scout Rifles in PVP right now but the fact that you still have to pull the trigger for each shot still makes it somewhat difficult to do well with. Nasty damage though.

blackflag

I would really like to get a MIDI Multi Tool. I like the Scout Rifles in PVP right now but the fact that you still have to pull the trigger for each shot still makes it somewhat difficult to do well with. Nasty damage though.

I have one but the scope is weird and not changeable. I think my regular legendary is better..cryptic dragon, but I'm still not quite sure yet.

Deku Tree

It won't be long before people come up with another cheesing method for Templar/Oracles.

I think they already have. Somebody was talking about standing on the original jump down platform right above the Templar area a few pages back. Apparently it's possible to jump back up there of your a good jumper.

Vision of Confluence has an auto perk so you don't have to :D I just maxed mine out last night and can't wait to see what it does with the buff. It's going to be such a beastly weapon.

Namikaze1

I think they already have. Somebody was talking about standing on the original jump down platform right above the Templar area a few pages back. Apparently it's possible to jump back up there of your a good jumper.
I know of that one. My group did it a week or so ago but I thought Bungie patched that out with today's patch? Or is just for the platforms on the side?

recks

What? They didnt fix the jump back to spawn platform?

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Thanks to lZR0COOLl for running the Nightfall with me. It was a good run. I got a Legendary Engram out of it, that unfortunately turned blue.

However, I just realized that's not supposed to happen anymore, right?

So, did the new patch screw it up? Should I be contacting Bungie??

Wow. That's quite odd to have a Legendary engram turn into a Rare. My legendary engram from our nightfall run decypted into a Univeral Remote. Which might be lame due to the patch.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

I'm pretty sure that was also fixed.

jaaz

I have a fully upgraded MIDA Multi-tool scout rifle and a brand new Vision of Confluence scout rifle. The Confluence is popping heads on Patrol at the Cosmodrome and hitting for 267. The fully upgraded MIDA is hitting for 237.

Am I missing something? The Confluence does have solar damage. Is that the difference? If so, why would I ever equip the MIDA exotic over the Confluence?

realcZk

Can anyone comment on the "improved accuracy of hand cannon while in the air" hotfix? How accurate are they now when jumping/gliding?

5 more ass energy and I will have Vision of Confluence maxed to math my maxed Epilogue. Just hit 29 from leveling my boots all the way. Need 21 ass shards to max arms and need to find the raid chest piece to hit 30.

Does the chest only drop in hard VoG?

If anyone needs to fill a spot for either run this week let me know.

29 Titan on PS4: LifeJordan

Just soloed the nightfall and got a buttload of energy, disappointed but that was the most fun I've had on that strike, especially killing the walker with a couple void rockets lol

Anyone up for the heroic raid?

PSN: joshcbrugby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom