• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 more ass energy and I will have Vision of Confluence maxed to math my maxed Epilogue. Just hit 29 from leveling my boots all the way. Need 21 ass shards to max arms and need to find the raid chest piece to hit 30.

Does the chest only drop in hard VoG?

If anyone needs to fill a spot for either run this week let me know.

29 Titan on PS4: LifeJordan

No, the helmet is the only raid armor confined to Hard Mode.

Man, I have little luck on nightfalls so far. Five done so far to date, three yielded coins, and the other two yielded exotic Titan armor (chest and helm).

Got two of them done today, as well as three daily heroics and one weekly strike. Two more to go, and one more nightfall, if I can get my lock above 26.

Alucrid

Banned
full auto scout rifle acquired, and with the recent nerfs/buffs, thinking I'll switch from the AR collection.

Does anyone know how much ammo you carry with it once field scout is unlocked? can't seem to find that info

from 19 -> 27 rounds

EL CUCO

Haven't gotten to use it much with the bonus effect but it's meh to me right now. How is it holding up for you?

I like it but I didn't have a HC, so its OK for now. The reload is way too slow for me to run it on a Raid or Nightfall, though. Hopefully that's included in its future buff.

Haven't tried it in PvP yet

Nice buff to scout rifles. I have an Aries Nemesis that's my go-to for strikes, it'll finally be worthwhile to use in crucible. How I hated those queen bounties for scout rifle headshots.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is that the Hawkian tongue of approval? Lot of people make fun of me when I recommend Thorn, its godly.
I do agree, Thorn is a masterstroke in PvP and worthy of any number of builds that could be constructed around it in the Crucible.

Hawkmoon is just a bit of a glaring omission ;) though your answer is nice and platform-agnostic, I'll give it that.

realcZk

I do agree, Thorn is a masterstroke in PvP and worthy of any number of builds that could be constructed around it in the Crucible.

Hawkmoon is just a bit of a glaring omission ;) though your answer is nice and platform-agnostic, I'll give it that.

Let's not talk about the Hawkmoon. She hasn't came around for me yet. It's best if I just don't think about her right now.

I have a fully upgraded MIDA Multi-tool scout rifle and a brand new Vision of Confluence scout rifle. The Confluence is popping heads on Patrol at the Cosmodrome and hitting for 267. The fully upgraded MIDA is hitting for 237.

Am I missing something? The Confluence does have solar damage. Is that the difference? If so, why would I ever equip the MIDA exotic over the Confluence?

It's the impact.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just completed the raid for my first time and got guantlets, rocket launcher, titan mark, chatterwhite, and some shards. Not bad, and it was a ton of fun and pretty easy considering everyone else knew what they were doing lol. Most fun I've had with this game, easily.

cjp

So I was just reading the weekly update and at the bottom...

Ryokuji What does the future look like for audio options?

Brighter.

I’ve sat in on the discussions. We take your wish lists and we sort them based on what we can accomplish. I hear chatter about voice options. I even hear rumors about matchmade teammates being able to talk to each other. Some day.

Some day, we’ll have this conversation again. That day will come next week, even.
Between now and then, have a nice weekend. Play some Destiny. We’re sure you’ll tell us all about it, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

Peace.

Izuna

Banned
Right SO, any Xbone peeps want to Cheese antheon on Hard? Just finish a run with my primary, and my secondary has the checkpoint.

Just tried the post patch Suros in PVE. My god what did they do? It has a noticeable kick now :(

Edit** Also my scout rifle has less recoil now but it feels very unnatural. It kicks up slow in a weird way. The shooting just feels worse imo

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did the Pocket Infinity get nerfed? Where is the list of all the changes?

The upgrade that increased magazine size to 8 got changed to a Speed Reload upgrade.
which, admittedly counteracts the gun's true weakness, which isn't the small magazine but the user's vulnerability while reloading. I can't tame the recoil without Perfect Balance though, so my quest for young ahamkara's spine continues.

... titans and warlocks have a substantially higher number of options for badass pocket Infinity builds than hunters. I should really cherish these early days when not too many people are as into build theory as I am. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen more PI in the crucible considering all the talk about the mythoclast and the two of them being the only specific exotics touched. it's, er... quite effective.
Interesting, so that seems like primarily a PVP nerf, since in PVE it's generally easier to take cover and reload.
I imagine it had to do with how the 8-10 shots could turn any room into a dead zone on close quarters maps without having to aim or really even look at the screen. but that was a noob's way of using PI anyway.

Just did my first nightfall, got Shadow Prince with crappy upgrades: Who's Next (increase reload speed if I kill with the final round) and Feeding Freenzy (Killing with this weapon increase reload speed for a short time) [And field scout].

I am debating about discarding it for Ass Energy. Any thoughts?

Good games Darryl and Snipes!

Thanks for allowing me to tag along. Wasn't much trouble with you guys. And screw anyone who says Bladedancer Hunter isn't useful in PVE. Stealth revives are amazing.

BraXzy

Has anyone with Vision of Confluence (solar scout rifle) given it a decent run in multiplayer since the patch? How does it feel?

Sweet, I have the two exotics from Xur, the Saint is maxed, I only wear the other one when turning in bounties.

You're all set! I myself am still praying to the Bungle gods for Heart of the Praxic Fire (Xur, pls) and need the Raid gloves to hit 30. I have a feeling Xur will do helmet again this weekend ;_;

I'm bummed that Vex Mytho got nerfed but am ecstatic to try out my now buffed (and maxed) Vision of Confluence :D

EL CUCO

Just did my first nightfall, got Shadow Prince with crappy upgrades: Who's Next (increase reload speed if I kill with the final round) and Feeding Freenzy (Killing with this weapon increase reload speed for a short time) [And field scout].

I am debating about discarding it for Ass Energy. Any thoughts?

You got the next best AR besides the Suros if you ask me. I'm actually thinking about buying it today.

I only got 8 coins for today's Nightfall

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Got Suros Regime from a chest in the Raid on Normal (still on Atheon, no other noteworthy loot so far) and a Helm of Inmost Light from the Nightfall, which I'm not too displeased with despite playing a Warlock, because it finally gave me an excuse to start a Titan alt. Probably gonna stick with Vision of Confluence for the lock and give the Titan the Suros, eventually.

ocean

Banned
Nightfall is generous as fuck this week. My Titan got No Backup Plans and my Warlock got Heart of Praxis Fire. 2 exotic drops in one day, someone get me a goddamn avatar quote.

Namikaze1

Report, soldier! Where are you?
Back at HQ unfortunately. It got dark and scary. The music, so foreboding. As if a great evil awaited me at the end of my path.
But seriously, I don't know where I was at. And Share is not helping at the moment. I just kept jumping around slow loading platforms till I missed one and fell down a few stories till I landed. Nearly died too.

Yaari

Wish I had a Vision of Confluence. The fact that it is Legendary and does keeps you open for an optional Exotic is probably the best part. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom