• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Currwntly dping the raid on hard and so far we have got to the jumping puzzle. What's that you ask? Did I get an exotic yet? Raid gear?!

No! I got shards againnnnnnnnn -.-

I have 71 and thats after upgrading all my current gear and part of my Titan. Ugh :(

dustyherb

Don't understand why bungie didn't make a raid vendor. Should have made it so doing the raid earns your raid marks which in returns let's you buy different raid sets. Better sets could have been more marks. And just have shards/energy drop in the raid except when you beat the bosses which would stay how it is now.

arimanius

I'm a little pissed off that all of these events are only for high-leveled players. As a level 25, I can't compete in the Iron Banner without getting my butt handed to me.

To make things worse, I'll play Strikes, story missions, and the Crucible, but 90% of the drops I see are Uncommon. I would have thought that by this point I would be seeing Rares way more often. The only pieces of Legendary gear I have came from the Queen's Event, which hardly even counts.

I'm only 26 and I'm doing ok in iron banner. I'm really not seeing much difference honestly.

Homeboyd

Don't understand why bungie didn't make a raid vendor. Should have made it so doing the raid earns your raid marks which in returns let's you buy different raid sets. Better sets could have been more marks. And just have shards/energy drop in the raid except when you beat the bosses which would stay how it is now.
You...

Yeah I suggested the same thing yesterday. "Raid coins".. Pls.

At least you'd always be making progression.

so how's Iron Banner looking so far peeps? Has it been terribly unbalanced or about the same as before?

Is it all suros/ARs for mains and shotgun/fusion for secondary or are people experimenting more?

ZOONAMI

I'm a little pissed off that all of these events are only for high-leveled players. As a level 25, I can't compete in the Iron Banner without getting my butt handed to me.

To make things worse, I'll play Strikes, story missions, and the Crucible, but 90% of the drops I see are Uncommon. I would have thought that by this point I would be seeing Rares way more often. The only pieces of Legendary gear I have came from the Queen's Event, which hardly even counts.

Then they wouldn't be rare ;)

dustyherb

You...

Yeah I suggested the same thing yesterday. "Raid coins".. Pls.

At least you'd always be making progression.
I really hope bungie will look into something like this. It would make a lot of people happier with the whole getting random stuff you don't want in the raid. And like you said you would always be making progress to your next piece of armor so more people would be willing to do the raid every week and not have to worry about getting nothing.

arimanius

so how's Iron Banner looking so far peeps? Has it been terribly unbalanced or about the same as before?

Is it all suros/ARs for mains and shotgun/fusion for secondary or are people experimenting more?

Same IMO and I'm kind of disappointed. As a Titan I thought I would survive a little longer because of armor but I'm noticing no difference.

grimmiq

Haven't seen a Vex yet, but I've seen a LOT of Suros Regimes and Pocket Infinities..

k1t4j

Thanks for the invite! That was my first time doing a nightfall and I was freaking out when you dropped lol.

Then gratz again mate, and yeah I freaked out too I was like "please connect please connect" :p

That shotty guy was me! XD

No problem for that invite. I tried inviting you a few times before but it wasn't working. PSN being a dick as usual :(.

In your debt mate, thanks a lot again!!

Love this community.

FYI for any gaffers there doing the nightfall how we did it was:

-1 guy stayed mostly up to by the entrance
-2 guys on the ground level taking turns shooting the boss and killing the adds
-3 be careful with the captains, when they spawn they charge at you like they have no fear

Good luck everyone!!

Well there's a bounty for auto rifle headshots, so it's been mostly suros.

I can definitely notice the difference though. It certainly takes longer for me to kill with the galahad

Yaari

5 more Nightfall wipes, jeez. Do you guys lvl28-29 also die to a single Hobgoblin laser shot? I'm just wondering if me being level27 is going to make any difference at all. Hate this map but I want that buff for all the grinding I do.

StillEdge

I'm only 26 and I'm doing ok in iron banner. I'm really not seeing much difference honestly.
Yeah I'm a 29 and always score at the top so I haven't noticed anything different with that, but I had an 8 on my team who did just fine. Everyone on the other team was 20+ so that dude should have been getting melted with no points or maybe I don't understand the level advantages.

I think I get what they were going for with the above average fire rate and decent reload, but the gun just doesn't pack any sort of punch for the pathetic clip size. The clip size wouldn't be an issue if the gun did any sort of respectable damage. If I knew I could kill with 9 rounds then this gun would be damn good.

And to top it off, this was the worst bounty for the worst gun.

Thorn bounty is worse if you are Hunter that cant spam shotgun/fusion rifle kills.

Then gratz again mate, and yeah I freaked out too I was like "please connect please connect" :p

In your debt mate, thanks a lot again!!

Love this community.

FYI for any gaffers there doing the nightfall how we did it was:

-1 guy stayed mostly up to by the entrance
-2 guys on the ground level taking turns shooting the boss and killing the adds
-3 be careful with the captains, when they spawn they charge at you like they have no fear

Good luck everyone!!

If you're talking about the final boss fight, theres a way easy way to cheese.

Just get under the metal structure at the top. Theres a spot under there where you cant even be hit if you are taking too much damage. The boss lines his head up perfectly for you to hit. You can kill the boss in less than a minute. Very easy.

How many ascendant shards do you get from dismantling legendaries?

I think that's my only option at this point, so I guess that's what I'll be spending my marks on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom