• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

Went through VoG normal earlier and enjoyed my build more than any other I've run so far. I was using Vision of Confluence and Icebreaker and I had a blast. It felt perfect.

I know the nerfs are coming though. They'll probably cripple the new scout rifle damage and take the infinite ammo away from Icebreaker. Bungie, at least give me a couple weeks like this and have mercy- don't take them at the same time.

I think if they did that I'd seriously just quit. What's the point then they are going to nerf everything until we are using pea shooters

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Fucking Raid...

13 Ass Shards, 3 Ass Energy and a Dupe Robe (which I sharded)...
Seriously, this game doesn't want to drop stuff for me that I need could use
Raid Boots I really need from Normal, Head from Hard

One person even got the Gjallarhorn from a chest >_<

Welp let's see what my 27 Hunter and soon to be 27 Titan get from Normal Raid over the week

Fucking Raid...

Same here, got the cape again and still no boots after half a dozen raids :(

|OT8| Vault of Shards

Care to tell us then? :)

The spirit bloom room has replaced the hob goblin platforms as the safe spot when the templar summons its legions. Then all you have to do is wipe and stay at the spawn to fight oracles. Relic guy can stay on the bottom to take the templar shields down.

I wonder who has the audacity to say their internal testing team missed this again.

So scout rifles are legit now then?

Really wish I had a Vision of Confluence.

Since I don't have it, which should I buy? I've been leaning toward Cryptic Dragon but the lowish impact kinda puts me off a bit.

LiK

so most of the people in my raid crew did the raid. hopefully you guys have alts to play with todd and me again lol

Cruxist

So, Vision of Confluence was my first raid gun and I had it fully upgraded 2 weeks ago. Glad I made that choice. This thing is amazing now! I love it!

This weeks raid provided me with Atheon's Epilogue. I'm liking it a lot so far.

But one of my buddies got 2 pieces of raid gear... So jelly.

Yeah, this ain't happening solo. Anyone else need the Xygor The Unwed kill as part of the Thorn bounty? I am right at phogoth. I can't do this wave thing solo.

PSN: Gutterboy44

Edit: Gonna have to put that on hold for now. Change of plans.

Damn, my DS4 R2 trigger just gave out. It feels tight and doesn't register most button presses. Too much Destiny I guess, it has gotten a lot of use, didn't even last a year from launch.

Anyone else have this happen?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Xur can't sell Last Word
There's no reason to believe this.
I played a Destiny mission today, the daily Heroic. (What is a Nightfall?)

Got my first Legendary drop! For a Warlock. :\
There is a Daily Heroic Story - tuned to solo, the level 28 version provides either 2x Ascendant Energy or Shards, per character per day

Weekly Heroic Strike - tuned for 2-3 (no matchmaking), level 28 version providers 9 Strange Coins, per character per week

Weekly Nightfall Strike - tuned for 2-3 (no matchmaking), there is only a level 28 version, a wipe sends you to orbit, rewards either an Exotic, Legendary, 5-12 Strange Coins, or 9-12 Ascendant Shards/Energy, per character per week

Hyun Sai

I don't know if anyone already noticed this, but I just dismantled 3 legendary weapons one after the other. The first one gave me 3 ascended energy, the second 4, the third 5.

Is this a hidden rule ? Does it work with armor and shards ?

jjp14

Banned
Just solo'd the Nightfall on my Hunter, and I got 9 shards. What a kick to the nads. Oh well, I got the Universal Remote on my alt Titan earlier, so it balances out.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I played a Destiny mission today, the daily Heroic. (What is a Nightfall?)

Got my first Legendary drop! For a Warlock. :\
The Nightfall Strike is the weekly Strike mission that has a ton of modifiers on it (usually 5 or 6), and is usually situated as the mission at the bottom of the list, to the left of the Map screen. The big one is the Nightfall modifier, whereby if all 3 players die you have to go back to the Map screen and start the entire Strike over from the start (this is where Sunbros really shine.)

Soloed the Nightfall, got a Mote of Light and The Conduit pulse rifle. Has a Field Scout perk, but I don't know how long it'll take me to upgrade to it. PR's don't feel all that great from the few that I've tried, wish they got a bump in power. My Cryptic Dragon was spectacular during the Nightfall, though.

Navy Bean

Game is weird sometimes. I was torn between buying The Devil You Know and Shadow Price. Decided to run the Nightfall before buying. And, yep, you guessed it, received The Devil You Know as a reward. So, now I have both! Ugh, also have to level both...

SnakeEyes

Banned
The spirit bloom room has replaced the hob goblin platforms as the safe spot when the templar summons its legions. Then all you have to do is wipe and stay at the spawn to fight oracles. Relic guy can stay on the bottom to take the templar shields down.

I wonder who has the audacity to say their internal testing team missed this again.
Welp my suspicions are confirmed then, because I thought it'd have been this.

Fixed1979

Just dinged level 30 and got the last word from Nightfall. Not a bad day.

I was working on my alt and hit level 25 (to whom I'm pretty sure will now use the last word over the thorn) with one legendary, got enough marks to get my second piece...realized I was still only Vanguard rank one. Logged off. Sigh, not a grind I'm looking forward to doing again.

jett

D-Member
Some guy found "Crucible" in purple letters at the end of a rumble match. In the results screen, there was nothing though.

wat.

darthbob

It's black and white now instead of brown.

It was never brown.

LEKTtgu.jpg

Yeah, this ain't happening solo. Anyone else need the Xygor The Unwed kill as part of the Thorn bounty? I am right at phogoth. I can't do this wave thing solo.

PSN: Gutterboy44

Edit: Gonna have to put that on hold for now. Change of plans.

I need Xyor so I'm gonna send a friend request. Just in case we get a chance later in the week to go for it.

Fucking Raid...

Welp let's see what my 27 Hunter and soon to be 27 Titan get from Normal Raid over the week

I've done it 8 times (once on hard) and have yet to get raid boots :/

tw1164

I just have to say, Fuck that unwed witch! I finally finished my thorn bounty. It's my first exotic weapon bounty. In the progress of complete it, I got an extotic drop in a crucible match. I was honestly slaughtered during that match. I think my KD was .30 and had the lowest points. I was rewarded w/ a universal remote. The universal remote seems to be a terrible gun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom