• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I earn, lets say, Rank 3 with New Monarchy, could I switch my mark to Dead Orbit but keep my New Monarchy rank? Not sure how that works.

Basically, imagine each faction is a set of bars.

Dead Orbit-lllllll1llllllllll2llllllllllll3llll
New Monarch-lllll1ll

If you switch to NM, then the bar will remain at the same length and won't degrade. But you'll start gaining NM bar!

It makes sense if you've played something Like WoW, with factions.

jay23

Haha happened to us last night with da horn.

Still annoyed I didn't buy it from Xur. I thought my legendary rocket launcher was just fine lol.

I regret it so much, I thought "why would I waste my exotic slot on a heavy weapon?" I did not know gjallahorns potential lol.

mstevens

Basically, imagine each faction is a set of bars.

Dead Orbit-lllllll1llllllllll2llllllllllll3llll
New Monarch-lllll1ll

If you switch to NM, then the bar will remain at the same length and won't degrade. But you'll start gaining NM bar!

It makes sense if you've played something Like WoW, with factions.

Cool, thanks. That's what I figured. I just didn't want to switch in case it erased my progress or something dumb.

Except in Control. Then people have to be worried.

no different than any other launcher, honestly.

it shines a bit more uniquely in skirmish, where the wolfpack rounds can lead to bonus kills and wiping the other team if the positioning is right, but it mainly shines in PVE

JackHerer

Just got the Lucky Raspberry exotic chest piece from completing Nightfall. I kinda feel like scrapping it. It looks pretty lame for an exotic and the upgrades are not that great. Would've preferred to get strange coins instead of this. Meh.

todd360

We all got so excited that we brought Athean's health to roughly 55% on the first portal run that our shield guy dropped the relic shield to see his health and that ended up getting 4 people killed. It was a hilarious moment. But damn, we could have beat Athean in two portal runs.

I'm so mad that I ended up not being able to play with you guys. I love playing with you guys :(

Haines

Banned
How do you guys beat Templar without cheese?

We were just running around killing harpies and oracles. Knocking his shield down and doing DMG.

We were getting our butts kicked.

Were carrying Nome vault newbs but I'm the leader and I want to do my best to carry everyone to finish line.

Were meeting back up tmrw night. How do we kill Templar GAF?

We all got so excited that we brought Athean's health to roughly 55% on the first portal run that our shield guy dropped the relic shield to see his health and that ended up getting 4 people killed. It was a hilarious moment. But damn, we could have beat Athean in two portal runs.

HEY. IT WASN'T MY FAULT. IT DROPPED BY ITSELF.

probably because I moved...

We were just running around killing harpies and oracles. Knocking his shield down and doing DMG.

Were carrying Nome vault newbs but I'm the leader and I want to do my best to carry everyone to finish line.

kill shit, kill the boss, don't die

ethomaz

Banned
Another day... another Raid... another armor part.

I need legs. Got gauntlets.

At least got this new beauty.

Corrective_Measure.jpg

The spirit bloom room has replaced the hob goblin platforms as the safe spot when the templar summons its legions. Then all you have to do is wipe and stay at the spawn to fight oracles. Relic guy can stay on the bottom to take the templar shields down.

I wonder who has the audacity to say their internal testing team missed this again.
That is how we did it. Still a little cheese left to go with those nachos.

BJK

3 straight bee errrors in Crucible.

How the heck am I supposed to grind pvp if the game keeps disconnecting me?

JackHerer

I actually think that doing the Templar to normal way is quicker and easier than the platform cheese was if you have a team that knows what they are doing. At least when it comes to normal difficulty.

ethomaz

Banned

You can try that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWA-dPACh9o

You will got the 5th chest too.

I'm a Lil slow. We hang out in the spirit bloom room instead of the old platforms? I need more clear instructions.
You know when the Templar summons his legion? Hide in the spirit bloom room tell they leave. Then after you beat the 3 phases with those light pillars and get the check point. Everyone suicides and restarts at the top.
Where you all start before jumping down to the Templar platform at the beginning.

Have someone jump down and go to the back left area to kill the Oracle that spawns there.
Everyone else can snipe the rest of the oracles from up there.

For the Templar boss fight have everyone in the same area, but someone needs to go down and pick up the relic and shoot the shield. He/she will also help kill the oracles that spawn during the boss fight(the back left one the most). You must kill the oracles or its all over.

Hope I explained that well enough. It's late and my brain is sleepy. :p

Btw make sure to take out the hobgoblins that snipe you from the platforms outside the boss area.

This Weekly is destroying my brother and I. We're levels 25 and 26 but we keep getting killed by meleeing enemies. Never had this much trouble before, haha.

To Hawkian or any other Fusion Gods....whats better? Wizard 77 or Light/Beware? Both Solar damage. Wizard was my first legendary, so its special. but ascendant energy is special too......

This Weekly is destroying my brother and I. We're levels 25 and 26 but we keep getting killed by meleeing enemies. Never had this much trouble before, haha.

followed THIS GUIDE, beat nightfall solo(not before calling my bro to join in). then took on weekly to get my 9 coins. Good luck.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
To Hawkian or any other Fusion Gods....whats better? Wizard 77 or Light/Beware? Both Solar damage. Wizard was my first legendary, so its special. but ascendant energy is special too......

recommend light/beware in solar because you can buy 77 wizard and void (and I fully recommend you do so)

recommend light/beware in solar because you can buy 77 wizard and void (and I fully recommend you do so)

Thank you kindly! funny, my rare Void Fusion rifle carried my through all 500 thorn bounty points yesterday. i want to frame it. if i had a void Wizard....dimensions would break.

Pop

I really wish there was another way of getting to lvl 30. Raids just aren't my thing. I rather kill guardians in the crucible.

Squalltdx

Are any of the Vanguard/Crucible Scout Rifles worth a purchase? I've got marks to burn and the only thing I really need are a legendary SR and AR. I was going to purchase Shadow Price but I'm going to hold out for now since the dropped version has better perks.

Complete the weekly heroic, nightfall and normal raid tonight all in around 3-4 hours. Finally got a piece of raid armor, so I actually have something to do now instead of bitching about terrible RNG. In fact, I had some great luck, as I got 2 legendary engrams from completing the weekly and I finally saved enough for The Devil I Know.

The main group I raid with has gotten normal down to less than an hour without cheesing the final boss. Hard mode is a different beast entirely though. We can't begin to crack it quite yet without hitting level 30.

EL CUCO

Yay or nay on buying Shadow Price?

I dont care about the perks it has or doesn't have.

I've been standing at the vendor for 30 min xD
I need to blow these marks

Edit: Bought. Yolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom